Kaihe

How to become awakened

11 hours ago, C T said:

Appreciate clarification on the nuances of above statement, assuming you are seeing the bigger picture here.

How about directing more urgency to empathize with potentially vulnerable members who, if not for the timely interjections from seasoned cultivators, could've fallen for this pitch? 

I will believe him when Jesus Christ himself comes to me and vouches for him.

But all jokes aside, lots of posters here either know Kim and have had bad experiences with him, or know someone who has. It would be irresponsible not to let others know. 

• Like 1

On 17/02/2023 at 9:09 AM, Pak_Satrio said:

How to become Awaken:

1. Disregard transfer method

2. Aquire black liver

3. Eat rabbit marrow

4. Insult everyone

觉醒方法:

1.无视转移方式

2.获得黑肝

3.吃兔骨髓

4.侮辱所有人

You forgot practice spontaneous gong :P 

6 hours ago, Mandrake said:

I went to the guy's website. That was enough - precisely because I don't "believe everything you read from the internet".

Grand claims require grand evidence - especially so in these arts. Many of us have a firm grounding and even decades of practice in the systems this guy believe's he is a master in, and we see how his claims deviate and go counter to the techniques, lineages, and theory of these systems.

It may be the case that he doesn't consciously try to delude others, but that he actually believes his own thoughts and image about himself. That's not the first time it happened on this planet. He may also teach things that makes sense and gives people experiences. That's not unique either.

But it is not enough.

M

On 17/02/2023 at 11:44 AM, Mandrake said:

J*sus, I thought I had seen it all but this has to constitute the most ridiculous thing I've seen.

M

On 15/02/2023 at 10:10 PM, forestofemptiness said:

I see, a Zen/Dzogchen/Mahamudra/Shaivite/Kriya/Yogic/Christian/Daoist/Aikido/Tai Chi 13th Bhumi Bodhisattva with 14 "masters without a physical body" who diagnoses your enlightenment based on photos for 200 euros a pop. 

Sure, sounds totally legit. 

https://openheartopenheart.blogspot.com/2016/01/full-list-of-my-teachers-and-masters.html

https://www.amritamandala.com/bhumi-analysis

https://www.amritamandala.com/founder-and-master

Oh it's this guy again...

Lineage+Tree+Update+Jpeg.jpg?format=2500

People can draw their own conclusions from the above

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

5 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

You forgot practice spontaneous gong :P 

Someone with pure refined qi like me forgets nothing, please don’t pollute my presence with your dirty rotten qi, I can smell it through my screen.

I have added you to the blocked list

像我这种精气纯正的人什么都忘不了,请不要用你的脏烂之气污染我的存在,我隔着屏幕都能闻到。

我已将您添加到阻止列表

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Maddie said:

Oh where do I sign up? 😏

You mustn't. That's a fake list because Swami N isn't on it

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, C T said:

You mustn't. That's a fake list because Swami N isn't on it

Wow I've never heard anyone use so many words to say absolutely nothing. 

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2023 at 5:05 PM, stirling said:

There is nothing wrong with this "technique". The first part is practiced with small and irrelevant variations by practitioners of Dzogchen and Zen of various flavors. The second is a variation of direct pointing exercises (such as "Mu", or "Who am I") or others  intended to point to the centerlessness and non-existence of the "self" delusion. 

These are sound practices that may aid some people in awakening, though they aren't special or unique in any way. If you are attracted to practicing this, do so. Others may need to feel like they are "doing" something, so will adopt practices with varying degrees of complication or outlandishness, or believe there is one practice that is better than another for awaken. This is great way to to end up more "endarkened" than ever. :)

Awakening is simply noticing that the self, others, time, and space do not exist as things with any separateness, or intrinsic reality of their own. No tradition or instruction is really needed, just taking time out to rest in the expansiveness empty awareness of this moment. If a teacher has a role, it is in pointing out this empty awareness, helping the student to learn to rest in it as often as possible, explore it and understand what it truly is.

The dharma is omnipresent - always RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, and blissfully, lovingly free to anyone who really wants it.

It does seem like a productive technique, but with limitations.  There is no mention of the ramifications that one has to deal with once the awareness is had.  It's learning how to use the awareness that separates the men from the boys, IMO.  Once this state of non-existence is realized, it needs to be internalized.  Because there is no self, there is only I Am.  Being in awareness of this during the day is the challenge.  Wu wei is effective if done with non existence.

Once that point is reached, the knowledge is given to us.  It seems to be only a point of opening yourself up and stilling the mind, and the knowledge you need at that moment will bubble up from the deep.  Sometimes you have no knowledge of what you are going to say next...but the words are mysteriously there.

• Like 2

Daoist dabblers and sleep writers are well-advised to stay clear of offering advice on "how to become awakened" but this is The Bums, your preeminent source for the false gold of brightly shining inexpert opinion, so here goes.  I think we awaken when we have to.  We awaken when the pain of division and dichotomy becomes so great that nothing less than nondualism will do.  Nondualism is like chemotherapy -- nobody takes it just for fun.  OK, ok...a few people are born rich and happy and still manage to slide into enlightenment.  For most of us though, suffering is the path.

• Like 1

學會用中文不懂的語氣張貼,然後用難以理解的英語張貼翻譯,在讀者心中造成混亂

Spoiler

Learn to post in a tone that Chinese don't understand, and then post translations in incomprehensible English, creating confusion in the reader's mind

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

this is The Bums, your preeminent source for the *false gold of brightly shining inexpert opinion, so here goes.  I think we awaken when we have to.  

I'm not going to say anything extra because this is a journey of self-discovery and journeys are often long. 

*If monks can't what are is the rate of success for people living in society especially those who are obsessed about enlightenment? A: close to nil. It's like chasing a dragon; the more you try the further it goes away. 

So what a monk has to say:

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/archived/encounter/in-search-of-a-wandering-buddhist-monk/5847926

'Keep brushing your teeth' as you do every day. This is my advice. 

• Like 1

so perfectly obvious; so wholly overlooked.

who could find what is?

amidst all this seeking and straining?

amidst this ceaseless striving and searching and fretting and overthinking and counter-guessing?

breath this way, squat in this manner, sit like this, drink this tincture, swallow this pill, apply this balm...

when all there is, is what is, and this that is... this is it.

here

now

as is

perfectly imperfect

wabi sabi

tzujan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Realisation is not the big deal; it's the fact of all the work (lifetimes you'll have to go through) you got to do to realise what we really all are. 

Those who cling to the realisation and make a great deal out of it is definitively a product of the ego and one should take their accomplishments with a grain of salt.

It's too easy to talk and make claims. But what exactly did you do and how many lifetimes are you aware of to get to the point of validating that claim. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2023 at 6:16 PM, liminal_luke said:

Daoist dabblers and sleep writers are well-advised to stay clear of offering advice on "how to become awakened" but this is The Bums, your preeminent source for the false gold of brightly shining inexpert opinion, so here goes.  I think we awaken when we have to.  We awaken when the pain of division and dichotomy becomes so great that nothing less than nondualism will do.  Nondualism is like chemotherapy -- nobody takes it just for fun.  OK, ok...a few people are born rich and happy and still manage to slide into enlightenment.  For most of us though, suffering is the path.

340758317_601426468686455_5000408749047922521_n.jpeg

• Haha 5

On 4/12/2023 at 2:37 AM, Gerard said:

Realisation is not the big deal; it's the fact of all the work (lifetimes you'll have to go through) you got to do to realise what we really all are. 

Bam!!

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1