Sign in to follow this  
Nuralshamal

Indian Palm Leaf / Naadi Astrology

Dear Dao Bums,

Question:
Did any of you ever get a "naadi" astrology reading? Aka a palm leaf astrology reading?

If yes, please share your story, experience, if everything came true, how did the remedies work etc.

Story:
In the past there were great saints and sages (aka maharishis) roaming India.

In South India there was a group of rishis devoted to Shiva. Through their practices, they were granted the power (siddhi) of knowing the past, present and future of all people to ever live on Earth.

In their great devotion to God and in a spirit of service to mankind, they wished to help all of mankind.

Therefore they saw many millenia into the future, and saw exactly which people would eventually come to seek their help.

The rishis then wrote in ancient tamil on dried palm leaves. They wrote the destinies of all people who would ever come to seek help.

The leaf will start at the exact time of your life, when they foresaw you would come seeking guidance. It will give you the exact guidance you need (divided into 12 chapters, general, father, mother, siblings, work, marriage, spirituality, karma etc), and list out exactly what will happen to you for the rest of your life.

In the karma portion, they will list your worst karmas from previous lives, and give the remedies needed to undo or counter these karmas.

That's the story of Naadi Astrology.

Personal experience:
I've heard amazing stories of naadi astrology since I was a kid, but I never managed to get a reading for myself. I have searched several times while visiting India, but I couldn't get to any.

Now, I've finally managed to get a reading!

I booked it online (even though I am still extremely skeptic) and I'm going to get a reading in the middle of March.

It has taken 4 months from when I submitted my thumb print and for the readers in India to actually locate my leaf (the libraries are spread all over with no centralized system). And now I will have to wait one more month for my actual reading, because the time zones need to match up.

I am extremely excited!

I will share my experience once I get the reading ;)

Until then, I hope to hear from you guys:
Did you get a reading?
Have you heard stories about people getting readings?

If yes, please share :D

God bless you

• Like 2

"and list out exactly what will happen to you for the rest of your life" 

Our human "you" is not all there is...  our incarnations in time and space with past and future lives can also be seen from a timeless perspective of the Self which is our truest identity,  but and sure those lives do have laws related to all our karma that a spiritual master can see the probabilities of, but with that said higher laws may supersede lower laws, thus and thankfully not all is written in stone. 

On 2/13/2023 at 4:54 PM, Nuralshamal said:

Personal experience:
I've heard amazing stories of naadi astrology since I was a kid, but I never managed to get a reading for myself. I have searched several times while visiting India, but I couldn't get to any.

Now, I've finally managed to get a reading!

I booked it online (even though I am still extremely skeptic) and I'm going to get a reading in the middle of March.

It has taken 4 months from when I submitted my thumb print and for the readers in India to actually locate my leaf (the libraries are spread all over with no centralized system). And now I will have to wait one more month for my actual reading, because the time zones need to match up.

I am extremely excited!

I will share my experience once I get the reading ;)

Until then, I hope to hear from you guys:
Did you get a reading?
Have you heard stories about people getting readings?

If yes, please share :D

God bless you

If you do not mind my asking: What country are you in? I thought you were living in India.

Also: how did you contact them? And why do they need a thumb print? And why do the time zones need to match up? Will they give you your reading over Zoom or phone?

I know very little about Hindu astrology. I know that Deepak Chopra has "Primordial Sound Meditation", in which you use a mantra based on your time and place of birth. And there are websites that will tell you what your mantra is if you provide your birth info. But that could be totally unrelated to naadi astrology.

Edited by EFreethought

On 18.2.2023 at 7:58 PM, EFreethought said:

If you do not mind my asking: What country are you in? I thought you were living in India.

Also: how did you contact them? And why do they need a thumb print? And why do the time zones need to match up? Will they give you your reading over Zoom or phone?

I know very little about Hindu astrology. I know that Deepak Chopra has "Primordial Sound Meditation", in which you use a mantra based on your time and place of birth. And there are websites that will tell you what your mantra is if you provide your birth info. But that could be totally unrelated to naadi astrology.

Hey @EFreethought,

I actually live in Europe :D

I am still extremely skeptic about the whole thing, but it's something I've been curious about since I was a child (due to stories) so that's why I decided to give it a go. Either it will be "the bomb" and incredible, a big win for me, or if it's a fail and doesn't work, it will still be a win for me, because then I can finally put my curiosity to rest.

The number 108 is holy in Hinduism and Buddhism as representing God, the Universe, Perfection etc. It's also revered in Daoism; in Daoism 6 in the greatest yin number, so 6x6=36 is also an ultimate yin number. 2x36=72 is also used, but 3x36=108, so 108 is important as a yin number and because 3 times symbolizes the trinity, so it's yin and trinity together, symbolizing the Universe.

Therefore there are 108 beads on a mala (hindu/buddhist prayer beads), and the ancient southern indian maharishis also grouped people into 108 types of thumb print.

As you know, modern criminal science uses fingerprints as reliable evidence, because all individuals have unique finger prints. The ancient rishis also recognized the utility of fingerprint, right thumb print for men, left thumb print for women, as indicating the type of person, their life trajectory, karma etc.

So, to get a nadi reading, you send in your thumb print. They then match your thumb print with thumb prints in their libraries, and if you have a leaf, they'll find your leaf using your thumb print.

Yes, I'm waiting one month so the readers in India will have time, a western "moderator" will have time (he helps in understanding the accent, as well as the concepts), and of course me. So 3 entities need to find a time. Then the reading is done over Zoom.

So, as you can see, it's all hear-say and stories so far, I will have to wait until March, then I can finally put it all to the test :D and I will of course write my experience here on DaoBums with you guys.

God bless you :) 

Edited by Nuralshamal
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2023 at 3:01 PM, Nuralshamal said:

As you know, modern criminal science uses fingerprints as reliable evidence, because all individuals have unique finger prints. The ancient rishis also recognized the utility of fingerprint, right thumb print for men, left thumb print for women, as indicating the type of person, their life trajectory, karma etc.

So, to get a nadi reading, you send in your thumb print. They then match your thumb print with thumb prints in their libraries, and if you have a leaf, they'll find your leaf using your thumb print.

Have you gotten your results?

On 15.3.2023 at 12:52 AM, EFreethought said:

Have you gotten your results?

It's going down!!! :D:D:D

I'm super excited!!!

I'll share after how it goes ;)

God bless you

Edited by Nuralshamal
  • Like 1

Dear Dao Bums,

I am quite sad and disappointed to inform you about my Nadi Reading.

It was clearly, outrageously fake.

The whole "matching" process is just shameless "cold reading".

"Does your father's name start with ABCDE?" No
"Does it start with FGHIJK?" Yes
"Is it F or G?" No
"Is it H or I" Yes
"Is it H?" Yes

And the guy is clearly taking notes to your yes/no statements.

And then he periodically just reads up from his notes, the statements they have verified from you until they hit a point they don't know about.

Then they simple rinse and repeat until they have your name, partner's name, parents name and number and age of siblings.

Then they just read it back to you and say all excitedly "congratulations, we've find your leaf!" and all they did was just read back info the shamelessly cold-read from you.

And they also grow tired. They couldn't figure out my dad's name, because it's a very rare and specific local name, so they just guessed and guessed yet couldn't find it. It was the same for my partner's name.

When they grew tired, they just said "we've found your leaf! Everything is correct, only father's name is not, and your partner's name was close enough, so it is still your leaf".

Then they need a 10-15 minute "break" to "meditate" over your leaf. It's just BS. They just look up your horoscope in a book and write down what it says.

Then they read it back to you.

The astrology reading per se is ok, it's simply them reading the given predictions for your horoscope, e.g. "this kind of ascendant makes you like this", something you can just look up for free online. It's like any other astrology service you can find, nothing special.

Plus, they just take what you've told them during the process and say "oh, you have this and this dosha(problem)", it's not even there in the horoscope, they just make it up, to make you pay for them doing a remedial ritual.

E.g. I am in my early thirties and unmarried and no child, that's not normal in indian culture. So they just say "oh, you have mangal dosha and pitru dosha", even though I have had about 10-12 vedic astrology readings in my life, and I have myself learnt basic astrology, and these doshas are not in my horoscope.

Just because I said I was unmarried and childless, they make it up and say "oh, you have this and this dosha".

And shamelessly!!! During the remedy session, they start out with saying the main remedy for my karma is to donate money SPECIFICALLY to the guy reading the leaf, they say it by name "your karmic remedy is to donate money to this guy xyz on the call".

And because I asked a question about black magic, to which they answered there's no such problem present in my horoscope, still, they saw a possibility for profit, so during the remedy sesssion at the very end they added "oh yes, you need us to do a special fire ceremony (homam) for you, to remove black magic". Even though they just said I have no such problem.

So they contradict themselves, and clearly just use what you've said in an attempt to make money.

And if you see the youtube videos, they say "oh you're so special, spiritual and blessed, this is your last life, you will get moksha after this incarnation". They say this to everyone! They also said it to me. They try to stroke your ego so you feel good and want to give them more money.

Of course it doesn't make any logical sense that 90% of people getting nadi readings are in their last life. It's very rare that someone on this planet will move on to a higher world. These rare, few and select people, just happen to ALL get nadi readings? It's clearly BS.

Dear Dao Bums, stay away from nadi reading. If you see it as a normal astrology reading, and get it at a fair rate, it's fine. However, if you pay a large amount hoping that nadi reading is a miracle, don't do it. It's just a trick!

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I've been sadly researching astrology for the past 4 hours in order to see whether the doshas they gave for my horoscope were indeed complete bogus.

To my great surprise I have found that in certain systems of South Indian astrology, the problems/doshas do actually form in my horoscope, albeit they are very rare combinations, you can't just look them up quickly, you have to dig deep for some time and look at several divisional charts to find them.

Of course you can't just trust any online source, especially in astrology.

However, mangal dosha is indeed formed in one of my divisional charts (dosha combinations as given by only certain types of South Indian astrology). Pitru dosha is also formed in my horoscope only according to some systems of astrology.

So that's why I've never found these doshas myself before (I've always employed North Indian astrology), and neither have I heard about it from any astrologers (all I've ever gone to have been from North India).

Further, if I use free online calculators, they also say I don't have any of these doshas in my horoscope. Only one south indian site's calculator said I had a weak/low mangal dosha. This same site also said I have pitru dosha, even though no other sites' calculators said so.

That's why I resorted to manually reading about the rules for formations of these doshas in several systems of astrology, and manually checking all my charts for them.

Conclusion: maybe, just maybe, these doshas are found in particular systems of South Indian astrology, even though they don't show up in other systems of astrology.

So, that may be a slight "defense" for the astrology reading.

The whole "package" of nadi leaves being thousands of years old, the fake matching process, a maharishi wrote them etc, that's all fake. It's just a particular type of astrology they use themselves. So it could be that they just read up what their astrology book says on your horoscope, and give you that, and then add some things here and there wanting to make more money.

Edited by Nuralshamal
  • Like 2

@Nuralshamal

Thanks a lot for sharing, and letting us know about both your thoughts before and after.

May I ask, who were the providers? What's the name of the home page? If you're not comfortable sharing it publicly you're welcome to DM me.

M

I just went and watched as many readings as I could on youtube, and I was appalled to find that it's the EXACT same questions they pose everyone.

They simply have a list of questions they go over in their "cold reading", and they use it for all.

And ask yourself, does their whole narrative even make sense?

"A maharishi from 3000 years ago with siddhi on Shiva and trikaladrishti/divya dristhi saw you would come, so he wrote your destiny to aid you".

Why on earth would this siddha/maharishi write on a palm leaf "your name starts with ABCDE". It's nonsensical. He would just write "your name is XYZ, you're this age, these are your problems, these are your solutions". 

Why would they "play games" across the ages asking these types of questions??? It's completely absurd.

Why would they write "your father's name has 5 or 6 letters?" he would just state "your father's name is XYZ".

I can't believe how blind I have been to this f'ing circus and bunch of fake tricksters that Nadi is, nor how anyone else with a somewhat analytical mind wouldn't immediately detect this mountain of BS.

I know the people in India are just poor and unemployed, and have to make money for their families some way, I get it. They could still opt for honest work though, instead of tricking others with this fake narrative. They could just sell normal astrology readings without this whole BS framework.

However, the western people pushing this stuff to other western people... either they're extremely naive and have been tricked/fooled by the Indian readers, or they're knowingly deceiving other people to extract their money.

Either way, dear dao bums, please stay clear of nadi.

And bless and pray for these fakers to come to the straight and narrow.

God bless them, may they change their ways, and also live in peace, health, harmony and wisdom, and earn their livelihood in a way that's a blessing to all living beings.

• Like 1

The experience I heard three decades back was from a family member with a peculiar English name. 

A few months back, her husband remarked that initially he never believed the predictions but after all these years every one of them turned out to be accurate including the age when the events were supposed to happen. 

(The reading was based solely on the fingerprints, horoscope was not required, also the exact DOB was unknown).

Looks like a lot of fake websites and con men charging hefty prices these days.

Edited by Bhathen

4 hours ago, Bhathen said:

The experience I heard three decades back was from a family member with a peculiar English name. 

A few months back, her husband remarked that initially he never believed the predictions but after all these years every one of them turned out to be accurate including the age when the events were supposed to happen. 

Looks like a lot of fake websites and con men charging hefty prices these days.

Thanks for sharing your story!

Yes, the reason I went to get a Nadi reading even though my analytical mind's "fake fake fake" alarm bell was going off, is also due to stories I've heard.

One of my father's close friends, who also used to look after me when I was a child, he also got a nadi reading. This was in the 90s, in the middle of the jungle in South India, back when there was no internet nor cellphones. And he says it's still, to this day, the most mind-blowing thing he has ever experienced.

They gave his parent's and siblings name and age, things that had occurred in his childhood, and also gave predictions for the rest of his life.

I spoke with him about 6 months ago, where he said that all the predictions had come true. 

His story is what motivated me to get my own reading.

The hypothesis that's forming in my mind to explain all of this, is that the whole "unique palm leaf written by a maharishi" stuff is just marketing. However, the astrology reading is actually a legit astrology reading. They're probably employing a unique "nadi" astrology system, unique to South India.

And due to their "marketing", they charge a premium, because they market their astrology service as unique. A normal astrology reading in the West is usually 50-250 dollars, where these nadi reader's charge double. 1) A fee for "finding your palm leaf", 2) a fee for the matching process and 3) the reading.

So they provide 3 services, where 2 of them is complete BS. So they should lower the price by two thirds, and then be honest that it's just a normal astrology reading, albeit a unique astrological system.

Then they would run a fair, honest and transparent business, where they're not deceiving people, but instead actually trying to help and serve their fellow living beings with this unique astrological system.

On 3/20/2023 at 2:19 PM, Nuralshamal said:

Thanks for sharing your story!

Yes, the reason I went to get a Nadi reading even though my analytical mind's "fake fake fake" alarm bell was going off, is also due to stories I've heard.

One of my father's close friends, who also used to look after me when I was a child, he also got a nadi reading. This was in the 90s, in the middle of the jungle in South India, back when there was no internet nor cellphones. And he says it's still, to this day, the most mind-blowing thing he has ever experienced.

They gave his parent's and siblings name and age, things that had occurred in his childhood, and also gave predictions for the rest of his life.

I spoke with him about 6 months ago, where he said that all the predictions had come true. 

His story is what motivated me to get my own reading.

The hypothesis that's forming in my mind to explain all of this, is that the whole "unique palm leaf written by a maharishi" stuff is just marketing. However, the astrology reading is actually a legit astrology reading. They're probably employing a unique "nadi" astrology system, unique to South India.

Hi Nuralshamal,

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with Nadi astrology.  

I would say I had a nadi reading myself, and my experience was similar to that of your uncle.  Due to positive reviews by my friends, I went to the naadi astrology institute and gave my thumb print and was asked to return back after two weeks, so that they could fetch the palm leaves that corresponded to my thumb print.

I returned and they went through a couple of old palm leaves checking out whether the data in the leaves corresponded to my life data. A few of the leaves were wrong, but they finally came to a leaf that matched my name, parents names, and other family data in exactitude. 

They took this leaf and then switched on a tape recorder with a casette, and started speaking from the leaf about my past life and present life issues.  The information was quite valuable to me, made a lot of sense with respect to my present life tendencies, and the future predictions came true as well.

It was pretty interesting,  and I just kept the information in a mental folder for future reference.

Years later, while sightseeing a town festival, I came across an old astrologer seated on the ground and waiting for customers. Feeling sorry for the old guy, I decided to take his service thinking that the fees money of 50 rupees would be useful to him and ease his life a bit.

However the old guy turned out to be an expert astrologer, and said in exact detail what the nadi astrologer said about my past lives and present life too. Impressed I shelled out 500 rupees instead .

The fact that two different astrologers said the same stuff or information in vastly different points in space and time, vouched for its accuracy to me.  This also helped to dispel my skepticism and disbelief in astrology as well, which had been conditioned in me from childhood by rationalists and rationalist literature.

I was curious to know your own experience. That you stated your uncle had a great experience, prompted me to state  my own experience as well.

Imo, you might have had a better experience if you had personally contacted the institute in person. It's possible that you might have contacted a fake nadi astrologer, or maybe the communication gap did not allow proper flow of information.

Edited by Ajay0

@Ajay0

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, I have been reading and watching everything I can about nadi since my reading, and it's really messing with me.

The guy I got it from has hundreds of testimonials and ratings, and also a lot of video testimonials with incredible stories. Further, he also shares his own story in many of the videos.

All in all, it all sounds/looks promising.

However, I just didn't get any of that from my own reading. The matching process was clearly, clearly cold-reading, no doubt about it.

Further, the astrology reading about my life; in itself, it sounds like a probable life trajectory. However, they really build on and use a lot of the information they extracted from me during the cold reading masqued as a "matching process". This also makes me very sceptical.

On top of that, a lot of the "interesting" stuff I've heard about from others, e.g. past lives, past life karma, anything from my past really, when I'm going to die, when my parents are going to die, health tips (herbs and diet) and many other interesting things, were just not there in my reading.

A big convincing factor in many nadi readings, at least from when I read about it, is that they tell you a lot of exact things about your life before the nadi reading. E.g. at 10 you fell down and had an accident, at 20 you had a crush on someone, you've always felt devoted to God your whole life, you always loved your family, just some personal stuff that no one knows about you. There was nothing like that in my reading at all.

All in all it really messes with me that this guy has hours and hours of interviews on youtube with himself sharing his story, his fomer clients sharing their incredible story, and I've even confronted him after my reading with many of my points of why my reading was cold reading, yet he doesn't own up to it, he just tried to evade, and now he's just not responding.

It messes with me, because there are just 3 options:
1) He's 100% good, he himself has been fooled by the indian nadi readers, and he just doesn't want to admit that he's also fooled hundreds of people and dedicated his whole life to a scam and actually cheated people,
2) He's 100% evil, he has knowingly spend years of his life building this scam and cheating people, now he's been caught by my arguments, and he just doesn't want to admit he's a scammer,
3) He is mixed good and evil, he knows the matching process is a scam, yet he justifies it to himself that the astrology part has actually helped himself and others, therefore he goes on with it.

No matter which option it is, it really messes with me. E.g. in option 1 that someone could dedicate years of their life, and not realize it's a scam. In option 2, that someone could knowingly spend years and thousands of hours on a lie (how could someone do that?). In option 3, just admit the truth, you're masquerading as spiritual, truth is the foundation of spirituality.

So yeah, it has really messed with me a lot. I just want the truth so I can "close the case" on nadi.

• Like 2

Nuralshamal

I hope you have not lost much money in this issue. That and the feeling of being cheated perhaps maybe agitating you. I would ask you to relax, detach and leave this matter aside. 

It is hard to meet a genuine astrologer these days. To a large extent, the quality of a genuine astrologer depends on his intuition , that springs from a pure mind or no-mind or pure state of consciousness. 

An enlightened master had talked  on how hitherto expert and precise astrologers get their readings wrong later on, as greed for money and fame corrupts their mental state and consciousness, resulting in error.

• Like 2

I had an entirely different experience during my own reading, and was told details that's not possible to find in anyway online.

All of the esoteric sciences attract quacks because of immoral money hunters. But also, in the end one has to have the merit to find the great masters. The real feng shui is beyond mesmerizing and powerful, a master of astrology can tell you details about your life without even seeing you - and tell you what date you experience precise stuff - and so on. This is not something the ordinary ken has earned, and will ever find.

M

28 minutes ago, Mandrake said:

I had an entirely different experience during my own reading, and was told details that's not possible to find in anyway online.

All of the esoteric sciences attract quacks because of immoral money hunters. But also, in the end one has to have the merit to find the great masters. The real feng shui is beyond mesmerizing and powerful, a master of astrology can tell you details about your life without even seeing you - and tell you what date you experience precise stuff - and so on. This is not something the ordinary ken has earned, and will ever find.

M

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

So, pray tell, who are these incredible masters of naadi?

If you respond people "haven't earned it", I'm just going to interpret it as fantastical claim with no backing, or even worse, your lack of moral sentiment and compassionate obligation to serve other living beings.

If you actually respond with the names, contact info, links etc, kudos to you, you support your fantastical claims, as well as display compassion for your fellow living beings on this Earth and thereby improve your own "merit".

I'm sorry that you interpret it this way - which wasn't my intention at all. I've spent my fair shair of money on worthless stuff myself.

But you're not the arbiter neither of my moral sentiment nor my compassion.

And notice that I asked previously in a post above for the name of the providers to which you yourself didn't react, so I equally abstain.

M

Sign in to follow this