Maddie

Micro Qigong?

I hope this does not sound dumb, but are there micro forms of qigong that just use fingers, hands, neck rolls, ect? I don't mean mudras either, but qigong? 

The qigong I practiced in the gym this afternoon is almost like this.

我今天下午在體育場練的氣功差不多就是這個樣子。

1 hour ago, awaken said:

The qigong I practiced in the gym this afternoon is almost like this.

我今天下午在體育場練的氣功差不多就是這個樣子。

What exactly is it?

What I practice is the movements that occur naturally, which are different at any time and will automatically adjust according to the physical condition.

我練的是自然產生的動作,隨時都不同,會自動依據身體狀況調整。

Sitting Chi Gung sets contain these exercises as well as self massage and acupressure points as example tracing around the eyes with middle fingers with breathing method (liver meridian). We sit on the ground, crane posture. I looked for any kind of video with these methods. Found none? Found some chair stuff.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 12:17 PM, Maddie said:

I hope this does not sound dumb, but are there micro forms of qigong that just use fingers, hands, neck rolls, ect? I don't mean mudras either, but qigong? 

There are.   You can try this.  It is a dismantled and re-expanded version of Chi Kung, from its ancestor version.  You can learn the first style only.   Very simple, safe, free, need no space.   If it is "micro" enough to you?

There are some versions of Yi Jin Jing which use relatively little external movement and consist of sequences of tightening and releasing different muscle groups by doing things like pressing the palms down, spreading the fingers apart, tightening the fists with the thumb inside the other fingers, and so forth. You may also be engaging the core and perineum (and coordinating the breath) with the "flexing" while doing this. One of these is shown in Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's early book Qigong for Health and Martial Arts. Another, called Sinew Metamorphosis  is taught by Sifu Anthony Korahais in his Qigong 201 course (probably learned from GM Wong Kiew Kit).

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:17 AM, Maddie said:

but are there micro forms of qigong that just use fingers,

of course there is. but you gotta need a frying pan

• Wow 1

Yes when the Lao gong point in your hand opens movements of the fingers or  thumbs (even just the little finger) over your body  can be used to physically move chi/flesh inside your body (e.g. Central channel area, middle or lower fields, etc.)It’s not a standalone micro chi gong but part of regular chi gong. I think it’s more about this opening and connecting than the particular movements or style of chi gong. I am pretty sure if Lao gong is open (and you have some internal connectivity through any type of body work that opens the tissues - martial arts, yoga, etc.) you could randomly pick chi gong exercises that move hands over the torso from YouTube and you would feel some level of  chi movement inside your torso. I bumped into this phenomena initially doing yoga but didn’t understand the cause until I learned about chi gong that helped me “connect the dots” (actually both Ayurveda/marmas and TCM recognize this point in the hand but have different names/functionalities for it) now having said this find a good teacher (that understands the importance of opening laogong and yung quan ) that can give you some direction to your practice. Not much point in just seeking interesting phenomena without an objective whether it is for health or spiritual.

4 hours ago, Dainin said:

There are some versions of Yi Jin Jing which use relatively little external movement and consist of sequences of tightening and releasing different muscle groups by doing things like pressing the palms down, spreading the fingers apart, tightening the fists with the thumb inside the other fingers, and so forth. You may also be engaging the core and perineum (and coordinating the breath) with the "flexing" while doing this. One of these is shown in Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's early book Qigong for Health and Martial Arts. Another, called Sinew Metamorphosis  is taught by Sifu Anthony Korahais in his Qigong 201 course (probably learned from GM Wong Kiew Kit).

I also do that.  More Neigong than Qigong.  Increases strength a lot.

• Like 1

The closest I've found is Ping Shui Gong: 

There is just simple body shaking from Spring Forest Qigong, but I'm not sure that counts as qigong. 

7 hours ago, searcher7977 said:

The closest I've found is Ping Shui Gong: 

There is just simple body shaking from Spring Forest Qigong, but I'm not sure that counts as qigong. 

Spontaneous exercise beginners can only shake back and forth in the first five minutes.

自發功初學者剛開始前五分鐘也只有前後晃動。

Spontaneous work can only practice fingers.
You relax your hands, like holding a ball.
The fingertips of both hands face each other.
You can feel the fingertips of both hands repel each other like magnets.
After a while, the hands will start making small circles.
This way you can only practice the fingertips.

If you are willing to let the qi expand, the circle of the fingertips can be expanded into a circle of the palm, or even a circle similar to that of Tai Chi.

自發功可以只練手指。
你把你的手放鬆,類似握球狀。
兩手的手指尖相對。
可以感覺得到兩手的手指尖像是有磁鐵那樣互斥的感覺。
過一會兒,手就會開始繞小圈圈。
這樣就能只練手指尖了。

如果你願意讓氣擴大,這個手指尖的繞圈可以擴大成手掌的繞圈,甚至可以擴大成類似太極拳的繞圈。

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awaken said:

Spontaneous work can only practice fingers.
You relax your hands, like holding a ball.
The fingertips of both hands face each other.
You can feel the fingertips of both hands repel each other like magnets.
After a while, the hands will start making small circles.
This way you can only practice the fingertips.

If you are willing to let the qi expand, the circle of the fingertips can be expanded into a circle of the palm, or even a circle similar to that of Tai Chi.

The most interesting part of this is what happens to the chi and the tissue inside the body (e.g. central channel) when you do this. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sahaja said:

The most interesting part of this is what happens to the chi and the tissue inside the body (e.g. central channel) when you do this. 

Nothing has changed.
If you want all the changes in the central channel, it is not enough to only practice the fingers.

沒甚麼變化。
你如果希望中脈所有變化,只練手指是不夠的。

17 hours ago, awaken said:

Nothing has changed.
If you want all the changes in the central channel, it is not enough to only practice the fingers.

沒甚麼變化。
你如果希望中脈所有變化,只練手指是不夠的。

I agree. sensations in the fingers are not important but when their movement stretches the tissue deep inside near the central channel area I think there are some  benefits that are difficult to access and target  through conventional stretching. 

6 hours ago, Sahaja said:

I agree. sensations in the fingers are not important but when their movement stretches the tissue deep inside near the central channel area I think there are some  benefits that are difficult to access and target  through conventional stretching. 

Practicing the qi of the fingers is to address the moderator's questions.
If you really want to practice the central channel, you must use inaction to continue to expand and evolve.

The active practice of fingers is like a lighter. As a starting point, fingers are a good starting point.

練手指的氣是為了針對版主的提問。
真正要練到中脈,必須要用無為繼續擴展演化下去才行。

手指的有為練法就像是打火機,作為一個起點,手指是一個很好的起點。