gekko

Six Healing Sounds

Hello everybody, 

I'm looking for some feedback on the Six healing sounds by those who have tried it.

I am someone who has tried a few different styles of qigong without getting the results that I hoped.  

I suspect the root cause of my health issues is chronic, persistent blockages in the Liver. Trapped energy/emotions in the liver, basically. 

Hence my interest in the healing sounds and their apparent ability to 'purge' stuck emotions. 

I did ask for feedback on the Six healing sounds in a recent thread I started about '100 days of qigong', but I thought it was better to cast a wider net here, by making it a standalone topic. 

I'm still a newbie here, so please forgive me if posting in wrong section, or not following correct etiquette...

Thanks kindly :)

Edited by gekko
  • Like 1

Hello Indiken,

Thanks for responding to my post/query.

I did note your response in my thread on 100 days, but I think I interpreted your advice to be general, rather than specific information. 

"I think vitality will be accessible to you if you expand your consciousness in the topic of vitality."

Please feel free to share any advice/be more specific if you feel comfortable doing so. 

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond. 

• Thanks 1

Indiken hello again,

It sounds like you have something worthwhile to share, and that you want to.

Why don't you share it?

Does it help if I ask in a less polite way? 

Give the me the learnings goddaaammn it!!!! (I'm kidding around here, in case it's not obvious). :)

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2023 at 2:09 PM, gekko said:

I suspect the root cause of my health issues is chronic, persistent blockages in the Liver. Trapped energy/emotions in the liver, basically. 

My own process is:

- I push light from my heart to the difficult organ

- I look for adverse energy flows anchored/hooked into the organ

- I look for past life issues and give them heart light

This process works well with others I know

Sound can work too, but it is better projected from the heart

Edited by Lairg
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, gekko said:

Indiken hello again,

Hi,

btw, you may want to reference other people with "@" symbol, like "@Indiken" --> @Indiken , because I did not see your post in my notifications, although you are addressing me. I just visited the thread and saw your post.

7 hours ago, gekko said:

It sounds like you have something worthwhile to share, and that you want to.

Maybe, or I just imagine that I have. :lol:

7 hours ago, gekko said:

Why don't you share it?

Who will admire me, if everyone will know what I know ? :lol:

7 hours ago, gekko said:

Does it help if I ask in a less polite way? 

It still feels sweet. :) 

I think sweetness helps and bitterness don't.

7 hours ago, gekko said:

Give the me the learnings goddaaammn it!!!! (I'm kidding around here, in case it's not obvious). :)

I am familiar with these six healing sounds, where it is more a type of exhalation than sound/singing, so I may call them "six exhalations":

These "six exhalations" are not enough.

Body posture/movement have to be included.

Feel how your body desire to move to these "six exhalations" at the time of exhalation and after exhalation.

Let the body move or move your body.

Also, based on my experience.

After certain intention, for example to walk longer than parts of your body desire, you might get a desire to do any of the "six exhalation" unintentionally.

It seems intention is more important, because comes before "six exhalations".

Oh boy, my learnings contain only several sentences. :blink:

Could you describe how do you do "six healing sounds" and what body and emotional feelings and thoughts you have at the time when you do and shortly after ?

On 02/02/2023 at 4:09 AM, gekko said:

Hello everybody, 

I'm looking for some feedback on the Six healing sounds by those who have tried it.

I am someone who has tried a few different styles of qigong without getting the results that I hoped.  

Hence my interest in the healing sounds and their apparent ability to 'purge' stuck emotions. 

I did ask for feedback on the Six healing sounds in a recent thread I started about '100 days of qigong', but I thought it was better to cast a wider net here, by making it a standalone topic. 

I'm still a newbie here, so please forgive me if posting in wrong section, or not following correct etiquette...

Thanks kindly :)

Do you have any specific questions?

The relationship of emotions, qi, the organs and the body is often weirdly interepreted in qigong circles.

It is currently spring, spring is "liver" qi. Liver qi does NOT mean qi from or in your liver. It refers to a form of yang qi that has a driving pushing quality to it. This is what causes a seed to sprout and literally have the capacity to push through the earth to grow into the sunlight and continue driving upwards - be it a flower, shrub, or tree.

This same type of movement of qi in our system we relate to and equate with strong movements of certain kinds of emotional repsonses. This is why "liver" qi is associated with frustration/rumination/anger/rage etc. as well as heart attacks and stroke, blood pressure spiking and going upwards etc.

I was always taught to notice the increase of frustration and expressed anger and irritation from people (in person and online) during Springtime.

Why this association? When this driving force can express itself and play out, everything is fine it supports us doing things. If it hits something that blocks it, the "pressure" begins to ruminate, which can lead to frustration, which can lead to anger, and then to rage. Sitting on "liver" qi, is generally not a good idea.

Calming the liver qi does not really have anything directly to do with the physical organ. It also does not "purge" negative emotions in the sense that you take negative emotion and vomit it out. Rather it shifts the state of your qi so that excessive driving yang qi is not present. Now, it can be understood for example, that without good "kidney" qi, the jing is not anchoring the qi, and the qi even if calm is more prone to be able to rise and or to do so suddenly ("liver" qi). This is where the relationships between the organs and qi comes in.

Notice how breathing methods associated with the kidneys is typically aimed at encouraging the rear of the diaphragm to descend and the lower back (mingmen) to expand slightly (the "kidneys grab the descending qi"). If the whole diaphragm does not expand as you breathe, and the rear is stuck guess what? It means that when you inhale there will be a tendency to expand and rise in the front, possibly even to lift the sternum. The sternum raising also occurs in sympathetic arousal ie stress/anxiety breathing.

The liver sound is typically done with a LOOONNNGG and slow exhale - this is because doing so calms the nerves and body and the qi.

The "sounds" are not magical they simply encourage you to begin to engage the body in different ways as you inhale and exhale. They also relate to patterns of movement of qi. We can add a whole body movement that aligns with and encourages this, as well as an aspect that can be seen to physically "massage" or encourage stimulation/movement of the physical organ as well. Then there is the use of vibration.

Different systems and approaches remain more superficial or go deeper into the different layers of practice, or combine they slightly differently. Some focus almost entirely on the sound, arguably to their detriment.

The more esoteric systems that add colours, light, animals etc are operating on a different level and you really have to choose one or the other, because trying to span that range within your Being is simply beyond most people in the beginning. They can't be in two rooms at the same time.

My preference is for people to learn the more direct methods first, and then if appropriate and of interest to later explore such esoteric methods. Othwerise they can simply become imagination and fantasy.

Edited by 寒月 Hanyue
  • Like 1

Hello again everybody.

@Lairg Thanks for sharing your own process. I like it. Sounds simple but like it could be very effective. I will definitely give it a go.

@Indiken Hey thanks again for replying and for sharing your thoughts. 

You know I had a weird reaction after doing the sounds for a few days. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling really sick, trembling, hot and cold. Felt terrible. Didn't know what was going on. 

I have read of people having weird reactions to qigong, but never experienced it with any of the other styles I've tried. 

Puzzling as well because I thought this was a more mild qigong with less 'power'.

Of course, I can't say with total certainty that it wasn't caused by some other variable. Maybe it was a purging/detox thing, I don't know. 

Suffice to say I didn't enjoy it one bit. And I haven't done the healing sounds since. 

寒月 Hanyue  I can't seem to reference you like the others, but thank you for responding. Sounds like you know a lot more than I do about this stuff.

Can I ask: when you say 'My preference is for people to learn the more direct methods first'. What are the 'direct methods' you refer to? 

Curious to know :)

Thanks again. 

Edited by gekko
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, gekko said:

I had a weird reaction after doing the sounds for a few days. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling really sick, trembling, hot and cold. Felt terrible. Didn't know what was going on.

Your sacral chakra is in some trouble.  Put your attention in your heart and hopefully you will see a vertical line of white light.  (Some martial arts practitioners are prevented).  The light forms a flame of divine love.  Push light from the flame into your sacral chakra spirit - anchored in the middle of the pelvis.

By this practice you will love yourself.

(The flow of light may be bent just before it reaches your heart.  Use your spiritual authority to straighten it)

The problem with the sounds is not the sounds themselves but the energy being that overlights the practice.   Its agenda is from the previous solar system.  Standing in its aura makes it difficult for the human to engage with the Intent of this solar system.  Most humans should move on.

Who can test such propositions?

Edited by Lairg

On 17/02/2023 at 2:10 AM, gekko said:

寒月 Hanyue  I can't seem to reference you like the others, but thank you for responding. Sounds like you know a lot more than I do about this stuff.

Can I ask: when you say 'My preference is for people to learn the more direct methods first'. What are the 'direct methods' you refer to? 

Curious to know :)

Thanks again. 

I'm referring to most of what the post touches upon, rather than the more esoteric based systems mentioned at the end that use abstract methods with imagination and visualisation (ie indirect). It's just a scale, where you engage it is the entry point, how far the changes occur up and down the scale is a different thing. Since the sounds are typically viewed in relation to the organs, any method used has to touch and affect them. Some are more "direct", others are more "indirect".

Hope that helps,