LUXAleX

Recommendable and not legit systems

I was thinking about wich are the best specific systems to begin with in cultivation. Like some sort of particular variation of qigong, neidan, taichi, etc...

I also wondered about the worst systems; the ones that are widespread and aren't legit, or that can damage your body if you follow them.

P.D.: I already know about the conflicting nature of the cultivation systems of Mantak Chia, and I choose not to follow his teachings.

• Like 1

I've actually attended few of mantak chia's online transmittion programs and I have to say these transmittions are very legit. He opened my micro consmic orbit meridian pathway just through the camera. I was very impressed. 

He has some questionable teachings and methods and his style of teaching is a bit hard to digest even for me but what he's transmitting is definitely legit. I myself am very happy with what has been transmitted to me honestly.

Tho idk if i would recommend him to eveybody. Some of the things he transmitts can be hard to handle if a person is not mature and developed somewhat already. I believe things like the sexual alchemy activations can mess you up a bit if u don't handle your impulses properly, im not sure about that. But in my case it worked out very well.

I have lots of positive experience and benefit from mantak chia's work so far and zero negative ones yet. I'm also planning to receive all the 9levels of immortallity energy activations/transmittions in the upcoming future.  I'm excited 🙂

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

I think some of the stuff he teaches is legit and helpful but his semen retention stuff practically made me go bonkers. 😵‍💫

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Basically most types of buddhism that emphasise meditation are useful. The methods are open, powerful and proven. 

Eventually you'll need a teacher to give you advice when things start getting weird, but thankfully most people authorised to teach within a legitimate tradition have a sufficient level of attainment to guide you.

In terms of internal practice, most systems you'll find publicly available are mostly for health.

The exception is probably when qigong becomes internal alchemy. But teachers are hard to find, often expensive, and the later stages of training normally require a period of in-person apprenticeship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vajra Fist said:

Basically most types of buddhism that emphasise meditation are useful. The methods are open, powerful and proven. 

Eventually you'll need a teacher to give you advice when things start getting weird, but thankfully most people authorised to teach within a legitimate tradition have a sufficient level of attainment to guide you.

In terms of internal practice, most systems you'll find publicly available are mostly for health.

The exception is probably when qigong becomes internal alchemy. But teachers are hard to find, often expensive, and the later stages of training normally require a period of in-person apprenticeship.

I guess if you wanted some Buddhist specific qigong then the Shaolin forms would be a good place to look. 

• Like 2

Good and reliable systems that work proven you are putting real and dedicated effort into it for at least a decade of continuous practice to see long lasting and noticeable results:

1. Internal Martial Arts, particularly Xingyi Quan & Ba Gua Quan

2. Vipassana meditation structured in a walking + seated practice done in equal amounts. Works best in a retreat environment. An Ajhan (ordained monk qualified to teach by the Sangha) or a lay teacher with s minimum of 20 years of practice only qualify as teachers here due to Vipassana meditation being highly sophisticated. 

Stay away from:

1. Methods that pursue/guarantee /promise enlightenment

2. Methods that focus on bogus practices like Microcosmic Orbit

3.Methods that encourage Kundalini

4. Methods that deal with supernatural entities 

5. Methods in which the teacher acts like a guru. There is a cult lurking underneath. Beware of this!

6. Methods that promote online learning and from books and videos. It's purely done for marketing and financial gain

7. Methods that talk about siddhis (spiritual powers) as a necessary aspect of practice

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pak_Satrio said:

Could you please elaborate?

Sure. It turned me into a sex obsessed maniac LOL.

• Haha 3

Mantak chia's sexual alchemy practices don't work if you're not initiated into it. If you’re initiated into it, however, then u need not do anything at all after that. It just opens up all by itself, clearing the way and blockages on its pathway through the mco. When i simply sit or meditate or focus on breath, or even when im sleeping. The mco and sexual alchemy is active 24/7 together with me no matter what practice or activity i do. It simply got programmed into the system.

For sexual energy transmutation to begin to move up my spine I need only sit still and i can feel (especially in the morning) the sexual energy together with sexual organ begin to rise up, the energy through the spine intensifies, i sometimes get semi-orgasm hot energy rushing through my body and then it dies down. When all the sexual energy is transmuted, sexual organ simply goes soft. And these things started to happen only after the initiation. 

There have been many energy knots realeasing itself in the weirdest of places like my perinium, anus, and sexual organ itself. It's a very unusual feeling. I'm not new to feeling chi prana flowing in my body, but it was definitely new experience for me to feel so much energetic activity in my spine and sexual organ without me doing anything about it. Simply abiding on open spacious awareness meditation state which is my usual practice.

Also many other phenomena that is hard to articulate began to happen that i know it's because of the transmittions. To put it simply, it's a much more intricate and sophisticated process than meets the eye and it needs a to be transmited to be truly learnt. It needs to be "programmed into the system" as what mantak chia calls it. Simply reading a book and wanking your ding dong is pretty useless i think. 😀 

Edited by Salvijus

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Mantak chia's sexual alchemy practices don't work if you're not initiated into it. 

Well that's a pretty big detail to leave out of the book don't you think?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Maddie said:

Well that's a pretty big detail to leave out of the book don't you think?

I think in the beginning of the book it states that these practices should be done only after learning it from a certified teacher. And the book serves only as a bonus support for those who already have been initiated. 

I'm actually not sure to what extent these practices in the book work without transmittion. I believe basic stuff like PC clenching might work to some extent. But without the actual transmittion of the technique it's missing enourmous amount of subtle elements without which the real sexual alchemy cannot be practiced.

The book only tells u how to use the software. But the software itself first needs to be downloaded into the system. Only then other instructions have any meaning.

After the transmittion tho, many of things in the book may start to happen automatically. Like in my case sometimes the upsurge of chi from the sexual organ into the spine becomes so strong that my PC mucle will clench involuntery with every in-breath resulting in semi-full body- orgasm. Just by sitting still and meditating. This usually happens when there's a lot of untransmutted sexual energy down there, usually in the morning. Once the energy gets transmutted. Everything calms down.

Honestly his teaching style is hard to digest for me as well 😀 he doesn't explain so many things lol. Most of it u have to figure out by yourself as u go. But when it comes down to the actual legitimacy of practice and transmittion - he's a real deal.

Edited by Salvijus

Add the Mantak Chia stuff to my stay way list too! Neo-Taoist hocus pocus. Bullshit coated in fancy words which will easily impress beginners, 

Any legit system will encourage practitioners to:

-Practice in the natural environment as often as you can. Forests, parks, mountains, near the ocean, lakes, natural creek flows, etc.

-Moving as moving moves the blood, stagnant Qi, and encourages good health and fitness. 

-You need the Yang to open blockages and remove stagnation so put more effort in the warmest times of the year (spring & summer). 

lol, there's no need to be close minded 😀There might be many more things to learn about the world of spirituality that we don't know yet. Open mindedness always pays off in the end 🙂

Tcare

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

… Open mindedness …

Just not so “open minded” that your brain falls out. (Richard Feynman) :)  

Edited by Cobie

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

I was so open-minded when I was younger that I ended up in a cult LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

I think i was talking about a different kind of open mindedness 😄

Simply admitting "i don't know" and allowing the space for further investigation into the topic trying make a better assesment whether or not it's true, is what i meant. Instead of making dead end conclusions based on no arguments whatsoever and lots of name calling 😀 

Edited by Salvijus

Jing is sexual energy that is missing the other 95% of the equation. A philosophical blunder loved by Chai. Yes sex is exciting and sells. Yes the classics use birth and sex as a metaphor to relate to people.

(Metaphor a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.) 

The stay away list puts Chia in the top ten my list. Mo Pai may be able to actual get the award of worst system ever if there was a Dao Bums award show.

On the flip side of negativity that is as addictive as sex. My nomination for the greatest contributor of this century in the internal martial arts category goes to Dr. Yang Jwing Ming.

• Like 1

Ay ya yai .. if only people were more open for an open discussion... we could learn a lot of new and interesting things i think. 😕

All this venting and name calling is really unnessecary. Nor is it healthy for anyone ✌

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Jing is sexual energy that is missing the other 95% of the equation. A philosophical blunder loved by Chai. Yes sex is exciting and sells. Yes the classics use birth and sex as a metaphor to relate to people.

(Metaphor a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.) 

The stay away list puts Chia in the top ten my list. Mo Pai may be able to actual get the award of worst system ever if there was a Dao Bums award show.

On the flip side of negativity that is as addictive as sex. My nomination for the greatest contributor of this century in the internal martial arts category goes to Dr. Yang Jwing Ming.

What you claim is true, assuming it's a reader's choice award.

We wish people would examine the evidence themselves and draw their own conclusions, though.

• Like 1

I have a desire to share some more, so i will 🙃 if that's okey with you.

Basicly every technique he transmitts, it gets recorded into the system and it begins to happen on it's own. The six healing sounds that he transmitted during the first level of program became part of me in every situation. Whenever there's a diacordant energy of anger or whatever else i just begin exhaling and making spontanuous one of the six healing sounds automatically. Sometimes even almost violently and unintentionally.

Sometimes even when another person who comes into my presence and carries a lot of emotionsl baggage like stress. These sounds begin to happen to me on their own. It feels very healing.

These sounds happen only bc im in a meditative state tho. I first become deeply self aware from all of my zen practice that i've done. And then the sounds just come out. It's really cool. This never used to happened to me before the transmittion.

The same experience i got from every practice that he teaches. Also began doing spontanuous qiqong movements. Whenever i become still and standing, the body just starts to do those qiqong dance movements by itself. I don't even know any qiqong since I come from a different background.

So yea. I'm delighted to share these experiences. Make whatever u will out of it 🙂 but try not to be too judgemental and angry about it lol. 

Tcare, ciao

Edited by Salvijus

15 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

My nomination for the greatest contributor of this century in the internal martial arts category goes to Dr. Yang Jwing Ming.

A White Crane practitioner? 🤔

3 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

There are many other systems where you can learn this without the risk and racism

That may be true; however, we would need at least the same type and quality of evidence John provided before investing our lives in such a system.

Collectively, we could own several houses had we not spent thousands upon thousands of dollars chasing dead ends.

Other people may not require evidence to pursue a system, and that is fine if they are comfortable with that.

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

That may be true; however, we would need at least the same type and quality of evidence John provided before investing our lives in such a system.

Collectively, we could own several houses had we not spent thousands upon thousands of dollars chasing dead ends.

Other people may not require evidence to pursue a system, and that is fine if they are comfortable with that.

What evidence did he provide specifically that makes him stand out more than others?

Also nowadays you can learn how to do this at a decent price. 

1 hour ago, Pak_Satrio said:

What evidence did he provide specifically that makes him stand out more than others?

Also nowadays you can learn how to do this at a decent price. 

I posted the video above.

John invited a team of scientists and medical doctors to investigate him.

They stripped him down to his shirt and underwear and used a metal detector to check him for metal before getting a demonstration.

They then repeated this at a random location they chose, in an effort to rule out some device on his property causing the effect.

Certainly in this day and age, not everyone will accept this as evidence, and we all wish that there had been subsequent replication studies of this with different researchers.

That said, it is the best evidence we know of.

Right now, for other arts, there are a lot of YouTube videos; however, there are no scientists or medical doctors who make a best-case effort to rule out fraud.

Much of what we see on YouTube can be replicated using negative ion generators and infrared lasers.

Fun fact: A member of our group caught a teacher who is highly recommended on thedaobums using a negative ion generator device that is worn in the shoe and has a metal collection plate on the bottom of the shoe.

A device much like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Murphys-Magic-Electric-Gimmick-Mesika/dp/B00LPC1X80

Edited by kakapo