Heavy metal

Tien Shan Qigong

Can somebody confirm if this https://taohermitage.com/ Tien Shan Qigong is a legit historic system and that it works? I can't find online anything about it so this Steve guy could be lying. He claims he was trained by Master Fook Yueng who was apparently main early teacher of Bruce Lee. He says a lot of wild stuff which could be true but nobody alive can confirm. Where can I learn more and possibly hear from his students?

Hi Heavy metal, Steve was banned from this forum numerous times before the final permaban. He has a history of threatening violence.

I had only heard of one individual studyng with him at his present location, but that was through him (and not the student themselves, so who knows?).

He has written two book now (of which I have one) so for some background look there. There are also some video's with him talking and demonstrating exercises. I don't think he has many students, as he frequently complained that it was very difficult to find serious students to whom he could teach the ins and out of his system. I don't know whether his system works as I didn't try it.

Edited by wandelaar

On 19/01/2023 at 5:03 PM, Heavy metal said:

Can somebody confirm if this https://taohermitage.com/ Tien Shan Qigong is a legit historic system and that it works? I can't find online anything about it so this Steve guy could be lying. He claims he was trained by Master Fook Yueng who was apparently main early teacher of Bruce Lee. He says a lot of wild stuff which could be true but nobody alive can confirm. Where can I learn more and possibly hear from his students?

Hello,

Welcome

You might be best advised to avoid this.

Depending on what exactly you are looking for, there are plenty of people  here who could point you in a more useful direction

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Hello,

Welcome

Depending on what exactly you are looking for, there are plenty of people  here who could point you in a more useful direction

I am intrigued to hear about this specific Tien Shan system since it sounds interesting. Either way I have no idea what to look for because I don't know what works and what is watered down or dangerous.

4 hours ago, wandelaar said:

He gives good advice I think. I am a complete noob so it's good to know that MCO and visualising energy is dangerous. I hear a lot of bad things about Mantak Chia from Steve and most other people. I picked up the 6 healing sounds practice as thought by Mantak Chia. 

Original exercise is called Liu Zi Jue and everybody teaches a different version. I thought to do the 6 healing sounds before going to sleep after full body stretching but now I am not so sure. Are there any dangers of visualising your organs being filled with corresponding color energy and doing the sounds?

I don't know much about NeiGong, NeiDan, etc. That's not my kind of thing. But I know Steve from his time here, and later at OriginalDao. I think he can be rude at times but he is serious about what he is doing, and he wants to keep his particular lineage alive. As to whether what he teaches works and whether it is healthy I have no idea. But that goes for all things NeiGong or NeiDan related.

• Like 1

Probably some people will say they are healing, others that they are neither good nor bad, and still others that they are dangerous. Personally I would only trust the results of a string of carefully done scientific studies with appropriate research. The possibilities for self-deception based on anecdotal evidence in this kind of exercises are endless. I don't know if such research has already been done, if you find any let me know.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:57 PM, Shadow_self said:

Hello,

Welcome

I agree. He seems to be a loose cannon as well. Last year he accepted a lot of students and they had a pretty active group on social media, then suddenly out of nowhere he falls out with his top student and calls him a fraud then deletes his class's facebook group and stopped teaching them as far as I know. 

9 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

I agree. He seems to be a loose cannon as well. Last year he accepted a lot of students and they had a pretty active group on social media, then suddenly out of nowhere he falls out with his top student and calls him a fraud then deletes his class's facebook group and stopped teaching them as far as I know. 

Can that info still be found somewhere on the internet? I didn't know that.

23 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Without getting into too much detail

He's going through a lot of stuff right now. Id not like to be in his shoes

But I would reiterate my point, elsewhere is better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

Can that info still be found somewhere on the internet? I didn't know that.

He had some back and forth Youtube video and Facebook arguments with that particular student that were public so they might still be up somewhere but the group for the class is gone. It's a shame really, he was building a lot of momentum and could have had lots of regular students. It looked promising for him as a teacher. There might be more to it that happened but this is all I saw from the public side of things. 

1 hour ago, Shadow_self said:

Without getting into too much detail

He's going through a lot of stuff right now. Id not like to be in his shoes

But I would reiterate my point, elsewhere is better

Hope he manages to get out of it soon

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

then suddenly out of nowhere he falls out with his top student and calls him a fraud

Is it Chris Fazio? He has videos from a year ago showing apparent abilities ascribed to 10 years of meditation and practice of Tien Shan chi kung. He even went on TV shows and did an interview. All this seems to have happened a year or 9 months ago. If the fall out was a result of Chris going public this would mean the shitstorm happened around 8 months ago. Right after or right around the time Chris went on the show. It couldn't have been earlier because all the comments I saw were normal friendly conversations indicating they are working together or at least tolerating each other. Assuming Chris is the top student you are talking about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heavy metal said:

Is it Chris Fazio? He has videos from a year ago showing apparent abilities ascribed to 10 years of meditation and practice of Tien Shan chi kung. He even went on TV shows and did an interview.

This thread has the video and some discussion. There's also a good interview with Steve

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Heavy metal said:

So where can I get an answer if 6 healing sounds are dangerous or useless exercise?

I think i recall @thelerner mentioning that it was one of the best/safest of Mantak Chia material.

Singing and chanting in general are wonderful practices to have. Sound is literally vibration, can give a gentle almost massage. It doesn't even have to be mysterious. Try making any different tones and pitches and paying attention to what location in the body is engaged. Promotes good breathing too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

I think i recall @thelerner mentioning that it was one of the best/safest of Mantak Chia material.

Singing and chanting in general are wonderful practices to have. Sound is literally vibration, can give a gentle almost massage. It doesn't even have to be mysterious. Try making any different tones and pitches and paying attention to what location in the body is engaged. Promotes good breathing too.

I am most concerned about the fact that I am imagining light in colors corresponding to the element and breathing it into the organs I am also imagining. Is this safe? The second sound for an example I imagine and guess where my kidneys are and after doing the sound I imagine breathing in blue light into the kidneys. I can do the postures, the sounds and try to imagine to the best of my ability but I don't feel where my organs are or if I am doing it wrong so there is this doubt that arises in the back of my mind.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dino said:

that is me,haha. now i do it a lot slower,i like it that way.

Perhaps you could inform us if Steve is still teaching and has students? And how are you doing with your own practice?

• Like 1