Camellia

Greetings!

Nice to meet everyone. :)

Okay so a bit about me...I first picked up a copy of the Tao Te Ching 25 years ago and fell in love with it. However, I never explored Taoism very much outside of that, and would put it aside and forget about it for a long time and then come back to it for a short time. Rinse and repeat for a couple decades. But no matter how long I stay away, I keep returning to the TTC; it still resonates just as much now as it did way back then, and I aim to stay with it permanently this time. 

I've been practicing yoga for a long time, so am familiar with (the yogic versions of) meditation, breathwork, and energy cultivation. I just started qigong for the first time early last year and I absolutely LOVE it. Some things I'm interested in exploring are energy cultivation, longevity practices, and improving health. I'm excited to dive into different Taoist practices and to learn as much as I can.

I live on a small homestead and like eating good clean food I grow myself. I also enjoy hiking, playing the ukulele, archery, and a good cup of tea. I recently started learning about medicinal herbs and practicing xing yi quan. I lean towards minimalism and simplicity. 

Thanks for having me. I look forward to connecting with everyone :)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Miffymog said:

I've just been playing my ukulele this evening - they’re awesome!

Ooh, another uke player, nice! Agree, they are great. I try to play mine a little each day. Hope you had a nice jam session! 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Xing yi, cool!

Welcome!

It's totally new to me but I'm really enjoying it!

Thank you for the welcome, nice to meet you ☺️

• Like 1