Samoobramba

Online Tai Chi courses experiences

Hi!
I'm following various DVD and Online courses by more than 10 year. I found that some courses are very interesting and useful. Yes, I know that it can't replace the personal teaching, but surely is very useful as an supplement.
I found that the courses by Adam Mizner, Liang De Hua and Alex Dong are very good. Also very good courses (DVDs) are from Stuart Alve Olson, Waysun Liao, Gary Clyman, Bruce Kumar Frantzis and Richard Clear. I learned a lot from them.
What are your experiences? Do you found any other intresting Tai Chi Online (or DVD) courses?
Thanks for any feedback.

Edited by Samoobramba
  • Like 2

Yes, there is. They were probably explain things in gross general terms. What I do was to pay close attention to the minor details in practice. For example, like turning your head toward the direction of the toe of the front leg. Shift your weight from left to right, front and back, during the movements to maintain balance. Pay attention to the breathing to coordinate with each movement. One should never have equal weights, with the legs, distributed evenly in the stances. Anyway this is what I am after to expect to be pointed out by the instructors.     

Check the diagrams of what this teacher is showing in his website:

https://brisbanechentaichi.weebly.com/

Then you'll realise how important is live instruction especially with something is detailed and complex like Tai Chi. 

I know that teacher and trained with his group for a short while and he is very, very precise and analytical. Zero room for error. I gave up because there was conflict with my main art: Ba Gua Quan.

Good luck!