almaxy

Which of these systems is good to start?

On 19/01/2023 at 6:03 PM, Shadow_self said:

I fought a reptile once

Fun times

Now did you finish him, or was there Friendship, Friendship?

: )

M

• Haha 1

On 19/01/2023 at 8:20 PM, dwai said:

There was Kunlun, Flying Phoenix, Spring Forest (and the O@AD stuff unfortunately associated with it), Stillness Movement, Verdesi, BK Frantzis, Gary Clyman, and so on. Like passing clouds they all are against the background of the Dao (and it's bums). 

Not to forget AYP, KAP, Neo-advaita, the whole stillness phase.

Edit: Forgot the quote.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mandrake said:

Now did you finish him, or was there Friendship, Friendship?

: )

M

Neither, forgot the damn button sequence, so the slippery lizard fell over and made me look stupid :P 

I'm not really sure where to ask this question so I thought this would be as good of a place as any. For a long time my main practice has been Buddhism and there it's all about the mind and the body really doesn't have very much importance. I know systems like Qigong and yoga Asana are meant to be good for the body and the health but is that the extent of it or is it seem that there's a way to cultivate the spiritual side and the mind through the physical? And if so how does that work?

2 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Neither, forgot the damn button sequence, so the slippery lizard fell over and made me look stupid :P 

As long as your friends weren't there to witness the shameful event!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

I'm not really sure where to ask this question so I thought this would be as good of a place as any. For a long time my main practice has been Buddhism and there it's all about the mind and the body really doesn't have very much importance. I know systems like Qigong and yoga Asana are meant to be good for the body and the health but is that the extent of it or is it seem that there's a way to cultivate the spiritual side and the mind through the physical? And if so how does that work?

@dmattwads That's a good question. I suggest you start a new topic for this. Under General would be good.

M

Now that you have experienced spontaneity, you should not go back and practice the active method without spontaneity in order to prove that you are 100% spontaneity.

This is a waste of life.

When you understand spontaneity, you should devote yourself to achieving 100% spontaneity, instead of wasting more time on the zero-degree spontaneity method, and then generate spontaneity in the zero-degree spontaneity, so that there is no way to self-doubt whether there is spontaneity .

You should be aware of your state of mind in every moment. And you should have the awareness that awareness is indispensable. You can't learn some skills that use acquired consciousness because you are too lazy to be aware of it.

You must know that awareness and spontaneity are the two major elements to complete the Golden Elixir.

Evolution cannot happen to you if you are not aware and spontaneous.

You can only play with some elementary qi senses, but it is absolutely impossible for you to practice the real Golden Elixir.

既然會了自發功,就不應該回過頭去為了證明是百分之百的自發,而去練習毫無自發的有為法。

這是在浪費生命。

當你懂了自發功,你應該致力於讓自己達到百分之百的自發,而不是浪費更多時間在零度自發的方法,然後在零度自發的情況下,產生自發,才有辦法不會自我懷疑是否有自發。

你應該在每個當下,覺察自己的心靈狀態。而且你應該要有這樣的認知,覺察是不可或缺的。你不可以因為懶得覺察,而去學習一些使用後天意識的技巧。

你必須要知道,覺察和自發,是完成金丹的兩大要素。

如果你沒有覺察和自發,演化是不可能發生在你身上的。

你只能玩弄一些初級的氣感,但是你絕對不可能練到真正的金丹。

The Dharma taught by the Buddha is definitely not just about the mind.
The first of the four foundations of mindfulness is to start from the body, unless the true meaning of the four foundations of mindfulness is distorted by false masters.

佛陀所傳授的佛法絕對不是只有心靈。
四念處第一個就是從身體開始,除非被假大師扭曲了四念處的真正意思。

I will write a book in the future to clarify what Buddha taught in cultivation, and to correct the distorted Dharma of cultivation.

我以後會寫一本書,講清楚佛陀在修煉上的東西,把被扭曲的修煉佛法矯正回來。

The "searching and waiting" of the first Zen is the use of the focus of consciousness, but how many Buddhist masters can really understand it?
very few.

If you can find the articles I wrote before and figure out what is going on from the "searching and waiting" of the first Zen to the "no seeking and no waiting" of the second Zen, you will easily practice the boundless light of the second Zen.

初禪的「有尋有伺」就是意識焦點的使用,但是有多少佛教大師真的能搞懂?
非常少。

你如果能找到我以前寫過的文章,搞清楚初禪的「有尋有伺」到二禪的「無尋無伺」是怎麼回事,你會很容易練出二禪的無量光。

You must have a concept that all gong states are spontaneous, and you don't understand spontaneity at all.

Not only do you not understand, but you are also so misled that you cannot see the truth at all.

I don't expect all of you to understand either.

Because this must be a very savvy person in order to understand a little bit.

I'm just here to make a record.

Wait for a savvy Westerner to appear.

你們要有一個概念,所有的功態都是自發的,而且你們對於自發完全不懂。

你們不只不懂,而且還被誤導的很嚴重,以至於完全看不見真相。

我也不期待你們全部的人能懂。

因為這必須是非常有悟性的人,才有辦法理解一點點。

我就是在這裡留下紀錄而已。

等待一個有悟性的西方人的出現。

The purpose of my coming here is to let a Westerner pass on the seeds of inaction.

But so far this person has not appeared.

This person must have the ability to understand yin and yang, otherwise he cannot pass it on.

I have been writing articles here since 2016, and after so many years of writing, I have yet to find anyone who understands Yin and Yang.

I must admit that it is much more difficult for Westerners to learn the Tao than Easterners.

我來這裡的目的,就是想要讓無為法的種子能夠找到一個西方人傳遞出去。

但是目前這個人還沒出現。

這個人必須要有能力能夠了解陰陽,否則他不可能傳遞得出去。

我從2016在這邊寫文章,寫了這麼多年,還找不到一個看得懂陰陽的人。

我必須承認西方人學習道比東方人困難太多了。

Because most Westerners don't understand classics. Most Westerners don't understand that what I'm talking about comes from the core concepts in the classics. They thought I was talking about self-created concepts.

But Easterners who can understand the classics will know that what I said comes from the most core Taoist classics.

因為大部分的西方人看不懂經典。大部分的西方人不懂我講的東西都是來自於經典當中最核心的概念。以為我講的都是自創的概念。

但是看得懂經典的東方人一聽就知道我所說的內容都來自最核心的道家經典。

I have taught at QQ for so many years, and I can only find one person who can truly understand Yin and Yang.

He is an engineer and is currently helping me teach beginners in QQ.

我在QQ教了這麼多年,也只有找得到一位能真正了解陰陽的人。

他是一位工程師,目前在QQ幫忙我教初學者。

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

On 19.1.2023 at 7:59 PM, dmattwads said:

Or giving random girls O's at McDonld's which isn't creepy at all lol. 

Anyone know what's up with Drew these days?

8 minutes ago, markern said:

Anyone know what's up with Drew these days?

He graduated to making feature length films as opposed to writing book length posts

Probably figured out it was easier on the fingers :D 

• Wow 3

22 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

He graduated to making feature length films as opposed to writing book length posts

Interesting 🤔

Happily the days when a topic would be completely destroyed by a barrage of pages-long post by voidisyinyang citing his own bizarre theories as soon as he noticed one or two keyword like non-commutative, music theory, Pythagoras or Quantum Mechanics seem to be over. It has become possible again on the The Dao Bums to orderly discuss a topic within the topic devoted to the topic. Lets hope this will stay so...

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

I expected his speaking pace to be at least 4X as fast! 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, freeform said:

I expected his speaking pace to be at least 4X as fast! 

Im just disappointed theres no full lotus and pineal flexing :( 

Though Chunyi Lin does have a video shout out somewhere :) 

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Haha 1