Chang dao ling

Navel chakra and dantian

Hi, i have a doubt some Qigong masters say dantian is situated in navel chakra but many masters says below the navel which is right. My friend is interested in navel chakra meditation if anyone knows please give instructions.

Navel chakra concerns emotional energies.  For spiritual growth it is better to meditate using head or heart energies

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lairg said:

Navel chakra concerns emotional energies.  For spiritual growth it is better to meditate using head or heart energies

For health is it okay to meditate on navel chakra?

It is important that the intelligence of the navel chakra feels loved by  the human. 

Send heart-light to that chakra spirit to promote emotional and physical health

• Like 1

Taoist dantian is around 2 inches below the navel,  an area deep inside rather than a surface point .  Choosing that area is because it is the easiest place from where  people can initialize their qi ( for  men ; for women should be the area in between their breasts) . Different from other Buddhism inclined ways, Taoist way makes use of qi and jing (women's can be varied as they get period, conception, lactation.. )  to build up people's spiritual growth .A persistent mindless status is always crucial to any spiritual growth , which people  not only have  to grow it , but also have to maintain it  ; the older people  get , the more they will understand this ;  so building a secure foundation with enough high-quality jing and qi  is always important .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, exorcist_1699 said:

Taoist dantian is around 2 inches below the navel,  an area deep inside rather than a point .  Choosing that area is because it is the easiest place from where  people can initialize their qi ( for  men ; for women should be the area in between their breasts) . Different from other Buddhism inclined ways, Taoist way makes use of qi and jing (women's can be varied )  to build up people's spiritual growth .A persistent mindless status is always crucial to any spiritual growth , which people  not only have  to grow it , but also have to maintain it  ; the older people  get , the more they will understand this ;  so building a secure foundation with enough high-quality jing and qi  is always important .

Thanks for answering.  So we need to concentrate on 2 inches below the navel can we do this meditation without teacher? Me and my friend is from India we don't have Qigong masters

Edited by Chang dao ling

The navel chakra in women I have observed, starts just above the navel.  

Edited by Lairg
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Thanks for answering.  So we need to concentrate on 2 inches below the navel can we do this meditation without teacher? Me and my friend is from India we don't have Qigong masters

India has a deep practice tradition, no less than the Taoist practice tradition

The light in the chakras of India is the same as the black liver light of Taoism

The mandala in the Indian chakra is the same as the lotus in Taoism

As for some Taoist practitioners who focus on the lower abdomen, it is purely a misunderstanding

And this misunderstanding has persisted for thousands of years

The first step is to start by observing the breath, but the breath does not have to be in the lower abdomen

Some people's breathing is relatively shallow, so they will be in a relatively high place

Breathing is the means of triggering Qi, Qi is the means of triggering light, light is the means of triggering golden elixir

There are three levels of Taoist cultivation, not just a single level of breathing and qi

印度有很深的修行傳統,不亞於道家修煉傳統

印度的脈輪當中的光,跟道家的烏肝光是一樣的

印度脈輪當中的曼陀羅,跟道家的蓮花是一樣的

至於某些道家修煉者把注意力放在下腹部,純粹是一場誤會

而這種誤會則持續了上千年

剛開始的下手是從觀察呼吸開始沒錯,但是呼吸不一定是在下腹部

有些人的呼吸比較淺,就會在比較高的地方

呼吸是引發氣的手段,氣是引發光的手段,光是引發金丹的手段

道家的修煉是有三個層次的,並非只有單獨一個呼吸引發氣的層次而已

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 3:59 AM, Chang dao ling said:

Hi, i have a doubt some Qigong masters say dantian is situated in navel chakra but many masters says below the navel which is right. My friend is interested in navel chakra meditation if anyone knows please give instructions.

The navel chakra and lower dan tian are two different “things.” In the Tibetan Bön tradition the navel chakra is associated with with the process of digestion, processing, and assimilating. It is associated with the fire element and the seed syllable RAM. Working with the navel chakra is not a comprehensive practice and generally not done in isolation other than to address blockages of this chakra. It is part of a more comprehensive practice, for example that of the 5 Warrior Seed Syllables. I can recommend a book to your friend called Tibetan Sound Healing.

There is also a series of free online videos describing the practices. Here is a link to the first in the series - 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steve said:

The navel chakra and lower dan tian are two different “things.” In the Tibetan Bön tradition the navel chakra is associated with with the process of digestion, processing, and assimilating. It is associated with the fire element and the seed syllable RAM. Working with the navel chakra is not a comprehensive practice and generally not done in isolation other than to address blockages of this chakra. It is part of a more comprehensive practice, for example that of the 5 Warrior Seed Syllables. I can recommend a book to your friend called Tibetan Sound Healing.

There is also a series of free online videos describing the practices. Here is a link to the first in the series - 

Thanks you very much

Edited by Chang dao ling

On 2023/1/11 at 1:05 PM, Chang dao ling said:

Yes, can do without teacher at your side but notice that :

1) For qi cultivation :  once it is initialized ,  you should not deliberately lead it  as qi  gets  its own channels  , its own direction and time to flow .

2) For mindless cultivation :  it is same as you learn computer programming , it must be done and learnt by yourself,  hardly can your teacher do it for you except providing some guidelines. No enforcement and do it naturally is the point . Taoist mindlessness mainly uses jing and qi to 'empty' it , rather than mind's own negation ( In fact, a mind cannot empty itself ..)

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, exorcist_1699 said:

Yes, can do without teacher at your side but notice that :

1) For qi cultivation :  once it is initialized ,  you should not deliberately lead it  as qi  gets  its own channels  , its own direction and time to flow .

2) For mindless cultivation :  it is same as you learn computer programming , it must be done and learnt by yourself,  hardly can your teacher do it for you except providing some guidelines. No enforcement and do it naturally is the point . Taoist mindlessness mainly uses jing and qi to 'empty' it , rather than mind's own negation ( In fact, a mind cannot empty itself ..)

Thank you very much.  Once qi initialized means small heavenly circuit starting to work?

Edited by Chang dao ling