beyondnzt48

Semen retention debunked

I ran into a 98 year old pool player in a Boston pub - of all places 

He was Asian w jet black full hair and an white wizard-ish long whispy goat-tea

he looked like a very vital late 50s/early 60s — but again Very vigorous- to top it i observed him ordering 3 bud lights over the course of the hour

Because he looked ‘authentic’ and was wearing jeans , polo shirt but With black “kung fu” shoes , I asked him if he practiced that or tai chi

he laughed and said “yes since 15 years old … when i then asked him “just curios how old are you 

Amazed , i automatic asked him “hey is semen retention necessary to advance ??

*he said , it’s an old Chinese myth— that the ancient texts wrote that SYMBOLICALLY as to something else ,, but that tao priests and local government propagated the misconception to Control populous and behavior and inflict guilt complex alike the Catholic Church ,,, so he just said ‘instead be Free of restrictions/constrictions practice moderation but Do find and realize the true qigong…..

that is as basically it before his break over and literally obliterated his opponents and stayed amused doing so..

** chiDragon - I think he’s only one on forum that mentioned something similar ? Would love if could expand more , would love even more of anyone every heard or ran into this guy ! ?’

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, beyondnzt48 said:

… ** chiDragon - I think he’s only one on forum that mentioned something similar ? Would love if could expand more , would love even more of anyone every heard or ran into this guy ! ?’

@ChiDragon 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, beyondnzt48 said:

… semen retention … it’s an old Chinese myth— ancient texts wrote that SYMBOLICALLY as to something else …

I would agree.  Hi be48. Welcome to the forum. :)  

Edited by Cobie

13 hours ago, beyondnzt48 said:

I ran into a 98 year old pool player in a Boston pub - of all places 

he looked like a very vital late 50s/early 60s — but again Very vigorous- to top it i observed him ordering 3 bud lights over the course of the hour

Because he looked ‘authentic’ and was wearing jeans , polo shirt but With black “kung fu” shoes , I asked him if he practiced that or tai chi

he laughed and said “yes since 15 years old … when i then asked him “just curios how old are you 

Amazed , i automatic asked him “hey is semen retention necessary to advance ??

*he said , it’s an old Chinese myth— that the ancient texts wrote that SYMBOLICALLY as to something else ,, but that tao priests and local government propagated the misconception to Control populous and behavior and inflict guilt complex alike the Catholic Church ,,, so he just said ‘instead be Free of restrictions/constrictions practice moderation but Do find and realize the true qigong…..

that is as basically it before his break over and literally obliterated his opponents and stayed amused doing so..

** chiDragon - I think he’s only one on forum that mentioned something similar ? Would love if could expand more , would love even more of anyone every heard or ran into this guy ! ?’

Welcome :)

It isnt so much that semen retention is a myth as it is misunderstood.

Ill try to make this very simple as you are new, and im not sure of your background :) 

In neigong and neidan, ejaculation has a depleting effect on both the Yin and Yang aspect of the Jing

The thing is, that the Yin aspect of Jing is replenishable via food etc

The Yang aspect of Jing, that's a different story.

Thats what is used in neidan, but it isnt only lost through ejaculation, its also lost through arousal, and not just sexual over-stimulation of any of the sense faculties will do it. Moreover so do things like certain habituated actions and so forth

This is one of the reasons that you see in neidan training, periods of celibacy, strict plain diet, restriction from media and other forms of stimulation, its to allow the jing to be stilled, so that "Yang" aspect can be extracted and worked with

Moreover, in terms of neigong, ejaculation has an effect on the Lower Dan Tian, and if you were doing this excessively, it would make it impossible to get anywhere (and drain you) :) 

So its not so much about celibacy in the beginning, its usually a case of moderation, and there are periods of celibacy as you move through the process. This becomes a bit different later on.

But thats not important for now. 

Nice to have you here :) 

• Like 4

Maybe his ' vigor'   was due to  all that  " goat- tea "  he had  ?

On 12/24/2022 at 8:52 AM, beyondnzt48 said:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Kb9OAw8XyLBttNEa4vtolgHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=d9febf5cc8ef1223abe81c8b22c09b27a736f52980c80424d340806fd06d8321&ipo=images

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/23/2022 at 1:52 PM, beyondnzt48 said:

Okay! here is the story.

Semen is the body fluid in the reproduction system. In Chinese, semen is 精液. During the course of sexual activity, each time, semen was released. In the ancient, Taoists did not know that the sperm ever existed. They only thought that semen is part of the in 精氣神. However, 精(jing) in 精氣神(jing, chi shen) is different from sperm(精子) and semen(精液). Somehow, both 精液(semen) and 精(Jing) in 精氣神 were obfuscated by the Taoists. Once, Taoists thought that the quantity of 精(Jing) will be diminished if the semen were disposed from the body. Hence, it will lose the ability for longevity. They figured that if the practice of semen retention will prolong life. Sorry to say, in real life, it is not the case. Indeed, it was an old Chinese Taoist myth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/12/2022 at 1:03 AM, ChiDragon said:

Okay! here is the story.

Why get into all the bother and complexity of actual Daoist theory when there are very smart Communist cultural reformists who’ve done all that hard work for us already…

Not only that, but they’ve made it all very conveniently available on the Chinese internet! Saving us all the headaches of independent inquiry 😬

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, freeform said:

Why get into all the bother and complexity of actual Daoist theory when there are very smart Communist cultural reformists who’ve done all that hard work for us already…

Not only that, but they’ve made it all very conveniently available on the Chinese internet! Saving us all the headaches of independent inquiry 😬

Please explain to me what do you mean by all that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, freeform said:

Why …

Sarcasm, conveying contempt, imo used by people that feel insecure.

Edited by Cobie

38 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

Please explain to me what do you mean by all that?

Are you honestly confused by this Chidragon? :D

He's telling you that thers an error in your thinking trying to reduce it to a myth. The reality is much more nuanced than this

The actual Daoist understanding, particularly as it pertains to neidan is in the rather simplified description I gave the poster

Here is the great thing...Instead of arguing with me about this, you can just start doing neigong and neidan, and you too can learn about the part of the Jing we extract :) 

Easy right? 

10 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Why indeed use sarcasme? Sarcasm, simply a way of covering contempt or hate.

Read more at: https://www.scienceofpeople.com/sarcasm-why-it-hurts-us/

https://www.scienceofpeople.com/sarcasm-why-it-hurts-us/ 

Probably because it was a light hearted joke, with an important message inside it :) 

Its curious this bothers you all of a sudden? Its rather odd, given sarcasm is one of the defining traits of your posting habits. This is bad behaviour all of a sudden to you? If you are going to criticise someone for something, it probably shouldn't be something you do yourself, or are we just going to gloss over that point?

You should also know, light-heartedness and humour are very much emphasized by Daoists,. They aren't so much on the SJW vibe of being offended by small, insignificant things :) 

Also, the "science of people" is anything but scientific. If anything, humour is used as a bridge to traverse socially awkward situations, especially between cultures

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-78280-1_3

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cobie said:

@Shadow_self  the post you quote had been amended by me, before you quoted it. To use the old version is not appreciated by me. 

Fortunately, anyone can still read your new post, so its no harm really :) 

• Like 4

I think @Shadow_self gave a very good introductory explanation of the nuances around the whole thing.

I’d just add that the CCP has been waging a decades-long propaganda war against anything they deem a challenge to their power…

Destroying shrines, temples, meditation caves… they've created all-powerful sports federations and cultural heritage federations that have eviscerated all internal arts of anything actually internal… The majority of actual masters of the arts have moved to other countries or have gone ‘underground’.

99% of what’s available in China is now basically either acrobatics/gymnastics for show… some has become like very light exercise (with no internal anything) for old people and anything remotely spiritual became a disneyfication of spirituality - so that people can take pictures of all the cultural paraphernalia as a kind of entertainment - a spectacle… like those pretend medieval villages you get in the US - where actors walk around wearing imitation clothes of the period and talk in pretend ye olde english to entertain tourists.

This is ‘cultural heritage’.

Nothing genuine has been left behind - and it’s for a very good reason - because true spirituality will always butt heads with political power. And communism cannot stand any challenge to absolute control.

The majority of what you talk about, @ChiDragon is taken from the ‘cultural heritage’, gymnastics and light exercise understanding of these arts.

You seem to think that because you get your information from the Chinese internet, you must be going ‘straight to the source’. But in reality you’re just getting the propaganda created by the CCP.

It’s fine if you think Wushu looks cool or whatever - but don’t confuse real internal arts with what you’re being fed by Chinese propaganda!

Stuff like Qi = breath - it’s like being told the ‘birds and the bees’ story - and thinking that’s actually how human reproduction works!

So when I disagree, it’s not coz I have anything against you - it’s just you’re like a megaphone spouting Chinese propaganda, while people who are interested in actual internal arts are discussing genuine concepts.

You're free to discuss CCP based stuff of course. I’ll just point out whenever you do so in opposition to true classical understanding of the arts. Sometimes a bit harshly (sorry about that!) - again, I mean no ill will against you… it’s just bullshit propaganda needs to be pointed out as bullshit propaganda sometimes!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, freeform said:

The majority of what you talk about, @ChiDragon is taken from the ‘cultural heritage’, gymnastics and light exercise understanding of these arts.

You seem to think that because you get your information from the Chinese internet, you must be going ‘straight to the source’. But in reality you’re just getting the propaganda created by the CCP.

It’s fine if you think Wushu looks cool or whatever - but don’t confuse real internal arts with what you’re being fed by Chinese propaganda!

Stuff like Qi = breath - it’s like being told the ‘birds and the bees’ story - and thinking that’s actually how human reproduction works!

So when I disagree, it’s not coz I have anything against you - it’s just you’re like a megaphone spouting Chinese propaganda, while people who are interested in actual internal arts are discussing genuine concepts.

You're free to discuss CCP based stuff of course. I’ll just point out whenever you do so in opposition to true classical understanding of the arts. Sometimes a bit harshly (sorry about that!) - again, I mean no ill will against you… it’s just bullshit propaganda needs to be pointed out as bullshit propaganda sometimes!

I don't know why this subject is so political motivated? I think it is taking off in the wrong direction. I shall stop here from going any further with this. I still stand what I had said. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiDragon said:

I don't know why this subject is so political motivated? I think it is taking off in the wrong direction. I shall stop here from going any further with this. I still stand what I had said. Thanks!

It’s not this particular subject that’s of concern - it’s pretty much every one of your informational posts I’ve read…

The politics is not the big issue - it’s the source of your info.

If you were clear (or as clear as reasonably possible) about the source of your info, I’d have no issue.

For example consider the difference between these:

1. Cures for AIDS and all cancers have just been discovered!

2. According to North Korean news sources, scientists in North Korea have discovered cures for AIDS and all cancers.

Context makes a big difference. 

So if you say “according to CHQA - the official Chinese Health Qigong Association - Yi Jin Jing is a set of 8 gentle stretches” - then that’s fine. If you say it as a fact (without citing the source of your info) then it’s problematic.

You don’t even have to go as far as naming the exact source… even ‘according to a search I just did on the Chinese internet’ would do :) 

I always try to give some hint of a source - I say according to what I understand, or my experience, or what my teacher said, or the Longmen Pai tradition etc etc. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, freeform said:

You're free to discuss CCP based stuff of course. I’ll just point out whenever you do so in opposition to true classical understanding of the arts

Westerners have no idea about "true classical understanding of the arts" they think that   deracinated nonsense they buy from the western seminar sellers is the real thing. Then, in their rightful indignation they turn around and attack "CCP based stuff " which is rooted in the real thing. As usual it is hilarious to watch.

11 hours ago, freeform said:

the Longmen Pai tradition

thats a good one;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

As usual it is hilarious to watch.

I guess everyone has their favourite form of comedy :) 

I prefer the tragedies…

Like the one where smart people who infer cultivation methods from arcane texts (that share no cultivation methods!) rather than learning actual cultivation from cultivated living humans :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

Westerners have no idea about "true classical understanding of the arts" they think that   deracinated nonsense they buy from the western seminar sellers is the real thing. Then, in their rightful indignation they turn around and attack "CCP based stuff " which is rooted in the real thing. As usual it is hilarious to watch.

Some of these Westerners did their training in Asia though, often from lines that had to leave China or to underground mid-20th century when their practice became a political target.

I can't think of a more classical way to study the art, personally.

Edit: not me, btw, I study with Western seminar sellers 😅

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

20 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

Some of these Westerners did their training  did their training in Asia

Sounds good. Whom do you have in mind?

19 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

Sounds good. Whom do you have in mind?

Some guys I like - freeform, Damo, Adam Mizner.

Some guys I don't align with so well like Bruce Frantzis, Jerry Alan Johnson, etc.

Like em or not, these guys worked their butts off (understatement) to find the heart of these arts from the successors to the traditions we all study.

Edit: and I should mention as a follow up to my first post - freeform doesn't sell seminars 😂 but if he changes his mind on this I hope he hits me up

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

..  - freeform doesn't sell seminars 😂 but if he changes his mind on this I hope he hits me up

They should call them  .....   ' semenars '   .

B)

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, freeform said:

I guess everyone has their favourite form of comedy :) 

I prefer the tragedies…

have you heard of the tragedy of darth plagueis the wise? Jk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Some guys I like - freeform, Damo, Adam Mizner.

Some guys I don't align with so well like Bruce Frantzis, Jerry Alan Johnson, etc.

Like em or not, these guys worked their butts off (understatement) to find the heart of these arts from the successors to the traditions we all study.

Edit: and I should mention as a follow up to my first post - freeform doesn't sell seminars 😂 but if he changes his mind on this I hope he hits me up

Keeping them in cigars and whisky? :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

“You’re not an adult at all - you're just a tall child holding a beer, having conversations you don't understand...” (Dylan Moran)

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1