Chang dao ling

How to project qi from the hands

Short answer - not like that

Long answer - maybe?  :P

Does the book list the progression like that?  Step 1 open small heavenly orbit, step 2 project?  If so I think a few pieces are missing (how do you get the voltage to open the SHO, where is the projected Qi coming from etc)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Short answer - not like that

Long answer - maybe?  :P

Does the book list the progression like that?  Step 1 open small heavenly orbit, step 2 project?  If so I think a few pieces are missing (how do you get the voltage to open the SHO, where is the projected Qi coming from etc)

Step 1 is meditation on lower dantian meditation step 2 SHO  and 3 is project

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chang dao ling said:

Wrong

On 12/20/2022 at 1:57 PM, Chang dao ling said:

I read in a book

No wonder.

1 hour ago, Chang dao ling said:

Can you explain please explain what are the steps

Learn from a qualified teacher.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

As far as I understand projecting Qi is possible at any stage of development, but for a long time you've not got enough 'juice' in your system to affect anything outside of yourself. 

Consolidating and building the Dan Tien as well as opening the Du and the Ren meridians are great things that take quite a bit of time to do, but as Earl Grey was suggesting there's more too it than is commonly found written down, but luckily there's some teachers who specifically teach the method for this (Rudi from authenticneigong.com comes to mind).

If that specifically what you're trying to accomplish that'd be a great place to start.  Even though the Dan Tien and SHO are probably prerequisites it's really hard to convey all the things you'll need to develop them in books.

• Like 2

As far as I know (book knowledge)

Small orbit stays constrained to yourself. It's benefits are limited because you are working with your own energies, some of which is bad. Once you master the small orbit to a certain level it will start to spill over and you can move on to the large orbit which is an extension of the small orbit to include the outside world.

This outside exchange is very much connected to the heart center and by extension also to the 5 gates: palm of hands, bottom of feet and the last one perineum, or crown of head.

Large orbit and small orbits are tools, but as far as I know the key to project to and (and absorb from) outside is really the opening of the heart center. But I assume you always get that once you get the large orbit.

So I guess once have an open heart center you could start thinking about how to use that for healing with palms. I expect it to be more complicated then simply opening heart center though. But I assume that would be a start.

Feel free to correct my ramblings.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mcoolio said:

As far as I know (book knowledge)

Small orbit stays constrained to yourself. It's benefits are limited because you are working with your own energies, some of which is bad. Once you master the small orbit to a certain level it will start to spill over and you can move on to the large orbit which is an extension of the small orbit to include the outside world.

This outside exchange is very much connected to the heart center and by extension also to the 5 gates: palm of hands, bottom of feet and the last one perineum, or crown of head.

Large orbit and small orbits are tools, but as far as I know the key to project to and (and absorb from) outside is really the opening of the heart center. But I assume you always get that once you get the large orbit.

So I guess once have an open heart center you could start thinking about how to use that for healing with palms. I expect it to be more complicated then simply opening heart center though. But I assume that would be a start.

Feel free to correct my ramblings.

Thanks for answering. Can you explain difference between small and large orbits

21 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

As far as I understand projecting Qi is possible at any stage of development, but for a long time you've not got enough 'juice' in your system to affect anything outside of yourself. 

Consolidating and building the Dan Tien as well as opening the Du and the Ren meridians are great things that take quite a bit of time to do, but as Earl Grey was suggesting there's more too it than is commonly found written down, but luckily there's some teachers who specifically teach the method for this (Rudi from authenticneigong.com comes to mind).

If that specifically what you're trying to accomplish that'd be a great place to start.  Even though the Dan Tien and SHO are probably prerequisites it's really hard to convey all the things you'll need to develop them in books.

Thanks for answering. I am thinking about Wang yun ( author of qingching book series) taking as my master. Thanks again

• Like 1

As my master said, chi is the manifestation of power . It isn't really a ability you cant get with specific training(actually can, but I will explain it later). Everyone who excels in their field emits chi in their own way. A succeswful chess player emit chi in his plays , a champion fighter with his punches, a surgeon with precision, a politician with his words. That's the principle of chi emission .

If you want to emit chi do those 2 things :

1- Have a lot of sex. At least 3 times a day if possible, when you are tired you can do some more until your body aches, then you do some more

2- Be better than other people. Basically you want to be on the top of the totem pole. More status = more chi . Wonder why high priests are more popular than regular ones ?? Its status, status is power and power is chi.

Emiting chi as chi is another question . You need to be good at being good. Imagine that every other skill is a software of a computer, that can be updated and improved. Your chi ability is your operational system, you can improve it but its much harder, but , in other hand, improving it will make much more impact than regular programs. Every single program will work better. And, at some point, you will be able to do stuff regular people can't.

My master would beat the shit out of me if he saw my nerdy analogy(he has a lot of sex and multiple kids), but that's about it .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Thanks for answering. Can you explain difference between small and large orbits

Don't know more than what I already said above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiDumbass said:

As my master said, chi is the manifestation of power . It isn't really a ability you cant get with specific training(actually can, but I will explain it later). Everyone who excels in their field emits chi in their own way. A succeswful chess player emit chi in his plays , a champion fighter with his punches, a surgeon with precision, a politician with his words. That's the principle of chi emission .

If you want to emit chi do those 2 things :

1- Have a lot of sex. At least 3 times a day if possible, when you are tired you can do some more until your body aches, then you do some more

2- Be better than other people. Basically you want to be on the top of the totem pole. More status = more chi . Wonder why high priests are more popular than regular ones ?? Its status, status is power and power is chi.

Emiting chi as chi is another question . You need to be good at being good. Imagine that every other skill is a software of a computer, that can be updated and improved. Your chi ability is your operational system, you can improve it but its much harder, but , in other hand, improving it will make much more impact than regular programs. Every single program will work better. And, at some point, you will be able to do stuff regular people can't.

My master would beat the shit out of me if he saw my nerdy analogy(he has a lot of sex and multiple kids), but that's about it .

Your master is absolutely based af I bet he could kick my master’s ass 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChiDumbass said:

edit: nvm.  not a fan of pile-ons.

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ChiDumbass said:

…  power ...  a lot of sex … Be better than other people … beat the shit out of me … 

On 19/12/2022 at 12:35 AM, ChiDumbass said:

... multiple children around the world …

Enough said.

On 19/12/2022 at 12:47 AM, ChiDumbass said:

My master is a Neidan master

I think otherwise.

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

I now think I understand your choice of username, very apt indeed for one choosing a master that imo is a total arsehole.

:lol: imo far from it.

25 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

a student always surpasses his master

I would report those posts to the mods because that's cyberbullying, but my master don't recognize bullying as a legitimate complaint and also is against talking to 3rd part to solve our problems, we solve this type of thing with our fists .

… we solve this type of thing with our fists .

This rather supports the point I made. Anyway, I have removed the text you found offensive. :)  

Edited by Cobie

Qi are like cars on a highway, and Qi channels are like a highway.
Is it a good thing that there are too many cars and congestion on the highway?
Modern people pursue a strong sense of qi, just like a traffic jam on a highway, but they do not know that smooth qi channels are the key.
It is more important to open Goung關 and the heart竅 than to have a strong sense of Qi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, awaken said:

Qi are like cars on a highway, and Qi channels are like a highway.
Is it a good thing that there are too many cars and congestion on the highway?
Modern people pursue a strong sense of qi, just like a traffic jam on a highway, but they do not know that smooth qi channels are the key.
It is more important to open Goung關 and the heart竅 than to have a strong sense of Qi.

Thanks