Sign in to follow this  
NoOne

My Opinion of Something of This Entire Subject As a Newcomer Looking In

1 hour ago, freeform said:

While I think teaching your own stuff for free is admirable, doing what you say above would be deplorable… as well as illegal (rightfully so).

I was thinking maybe Damo was a bit rash to kick you out - but his decision seem pretty wise right now!

Ah just because something is illegal, that makes it wrong?

What about children who must steal to survive? Is such an action karmically wrong or simply ethically wrong according to societal standards?

3 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

You, dummy.

Not if no one knew it was me 🤷‍♂️

Also, if they wanted to press charges or try to do something to rectify it, it would be even more publicity for Neigong and the Daoist spiritual arts. Spreading it more. Even better!

I think your views of morality are simply immature 

Edited by MetaDao
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MetaDao said:

immature 

I'm not talking about legal consequences.  Do you really think this would be a net-positive for your development?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

I'm not talking about legal consequences.  Do you really think this would be a net-positive for your development?

It would be a net-positive for others’ development. Mine doesn’t matter.

Is it not a core tenet to place others’ achievement of Dao over your own?

You see, here are the flaws of your teacher.

He is attached to money, power, and fame.

My solution takes all three of those away, and so, he gets angry calling it deplorable :) 

So, who really, is causing harm to his own practice in this scenario? I’d say it is the one still attached to fame, power, and money who refuses to place others Dao above his own. It goes against the spiritual advice of all past masters.

Those in opposition to such a solution are

1) Benefitting from the current system 

2) Currently learning from the teacher in question with enough money to pay the fee

3) Scared the teacher will kick them out if they share the same view

I am highlighting the flaws of the system. I think they are fairly clear to see. Damo chooses of his own free will to maintain the fee because of his attachments to fame, money, and power.

When someone like me says such things, his personality will get angry because he knows it’s true.

Edited by MetaDao
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

iimmature 

So your plan to get back at the man who called you childish and entitled is to steal his content while knowingly harming your own development because you've got some vague ideal of martyrdom?

1 hour ago, Wilhelm said:

I think you're a clever and well-intentioned guy,

I take it back :P

9 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

development. Mine doesn’t matter.

Not to you, it seems!

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

From what I’ve seen - lots of people know exactly who you are…

And the more you talk, the more you reveal about yourself.

For people wondering why teachers are selective about who they teach - here’s a prime example!

:rolleyes::lol:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, freeform said:

From what I’ve seen - lots of people know exactly who you are…

And the more you talk, the more you reveal about yourself.

For people wondering why teachers are selective about who they teach - here’s a prime example!

:rolleyes::lol:

He reveals his hypocrisy and identity in one post!

Oh, the irony 😜

Edited by MetaDao

9 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

So your plan to get back at the man who called you childish and entitled is to steal his content while knowingly harming your own development because you've got some vague ideal of martyrdom?

I take it back :P

Not to you, it seems!

I see you fall into both the second and third categories.

Wanting to appear well-intentioned to your own teacher to gain his approval and willing and able to pay the fees :) 

1 minute ago, MetaDao said:

He reveals his hypocricy and identity in one post!

Oh, the irony 😜

Well... I hope you don't, anyways.  It won't matter to Damo, or me, or anyone here but you - so if that's the hill you want to die on 🤷 gl with immortality

• Like 1

Just now, Wilhelm said:

Well... I hope you don't, anyways.  It won't matter to Damo, or me, or anyone here but you - so if that's the hill you want to die on 🤷 gl with immortality

Oh, but it will matter! To the people it benefits!

Thanks! You as well!

• Sad 1

Just now, Barnaby said:

Some people say that on this night, angels appeared saying: Peace, and goodwill to men.

Just saying…

Yeah, you're right.  Not the night for this sort of business.  Thanks man :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Some people say that on this night, angels appeared saying: Peace, and goodwill to men.

Just saying…

And they did it without asking for nickels and dimes! 

8 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Sounds to me like you already got your spiritual practice together :)

a married couple, friends of mine :

" We dont get all this religious and spiritual stuff , its too complicated and confusing , we just do our best to help our family and any extra 'left over' we direct to others in need . "

:wub:

.....  'not spiritual '   :) 

one example was in a mutual friend of ours ; she has , sometimes, pretty intense psychological issues  ( to put it mildly ) . The spiritual and religious people didnt help much , my friends offered her a  caravan next to their house to stay in when she able to leave the psyche ward after one episode  IF she could get accommodation   .... them realizing full-well what hassles might arise from that .

Last heard, she ran off and married an evangelical pastor  .... as my friend said ;  '' If you dance and rant in the street in strange languages and say  God and the angels are talking to you ..... that's crazy .... but if you do it in a church, that's religion . "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MetaDao said:

Ummmm     ....   :D  

Well ... it   would have been anonymous  ... until you posted about it  ! 

Also, if they wanted to press charges or try to do something to rectify it, it would be even more publicity for Neigong and the Daoist spiritual arts. Spreading it more. Even better!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Ummmm     ....   :D  

Well ... it   would have been anonymous  ... until you posted about it  ! 

Hahha, you suggest I was serious and not simply bluffing to draw anger.

Also, I am still anonymous as only a few on here know who I am :) 

Also, if a YouTuber has videos on weightlifting, stretching, how to do pull-ups, is it illegal to post videos with the same exercises? I think not. This is simply societal morality that tells you it is wrong.

A more serious dilemma, if you are in the wild and someone threatens to kill your family to take your food, is it wrong to kill to prevent it? Sure, it creates karma. But, this is simply self-preservation. A core tenet of Dao.

Edited by MetaDao

The secrecy thing .... its been a big issue in the past as one tradition I was involved in was a 'secret tradition' .... that 'held a central secret' .  Boy would people bitch about wanting to know what we did, what the secrets where and what right we had to with hold secrets from them .  Well, they where available , but by membership  and  certain rites did come with a fee  BUT  membership was very minimal , it is an international organization and some costs are involved in continuing and supporting it * . With any fees they are to cover costs of ceremony , they forbid the exchange of money for teachings though .

Still , not enough  " I want it all now ! With no conditions ! "    Every sort of  reasonable explanation was shut down by some type of self centered outburst .

* One example is in the case of traveling inspectors ( trusted members  of high degree )   , checking conformity , to make sure people who even where qualified and certified to operate to not start changing things , becoming corrupt, charging money unnecessarily or for teachings , doing  their own trip in ceremonies , adding stuff, making deletions, etc .  ... and they are kept 'in check' by the head of each country ... and if that head becomes  corrupted, inactive, weak, etc ,  a council of inspectors can depose them and elect a new one .

Of course that does not stop corruption , there have been some breakaways , some very weird manifestations , they mostly soon die out .  Although some have gone on  to 'greater things ' ( but still now manifest as 'Internet Orders'  that require 'money orders'  eg . AMORC .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MetaDao said:

Hahha, you suggest I was serious and not simply bluffing to draw anger.

Huh ?    I did laughing smilie first ... is that not the appropriate 'cultural signal' nowadays ?  

Of course you would not advertise IF you where going to do it  .... 

Like the guy that used to 'threaten'  to ... no ....joke about it  ....  " It would be a real shame if your ....... git accidentally smashed ."

Me; 'Yes, and if it does .... you will now be the first person I will take it out on .... even if it wasn't you ....  because from now on .... I will always be suspicious and think of you when any 'accident' happens . "

Its good to have a ' scapegoaty '   ..... you might be it now    ;) 

Also, I am still anonymous as only a few on here know who I am :) 

yeah but they are such blabbermouths .... now its all over the PM system here ! 

and naughty people have published that info all over the internet ... 'cause they dont like keeping secrets   ;) 

Also, if a YouTuber has videos on weightlifting, stretching, how to do pull-ups, is it illegal to post videos with the same exercises? I think not. This is simply societal morality that tells you it is wrong.

I think I will leave that dilemma to this new generation that wants to deal with such youtube matters .   Back in my day, we learnt stuff a different way .

But you go right ahead doing what ever you want , learning weights or even boxing from you tubes ... what would us old guys know anyway ? 

14 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Every sort of  reasonable explanation was shut down by some type of self centered outburst .

Mhmm. Exactly. Happens with most secretive traditions. Just a bunch of self-deceptive rationalizations and anytime someone speaks against it, they are turned on.

It’s pretty funny actually

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

yeah but they are such blabbermouths .... now its all over the PM system here ! 

And this is how future generations will find me. I have intentionally left a trail of breadcrumbs :) 

7 hours ago, MetaDao said:

I wouldn’t as they have free will.

However, I’d work to persuade them that their current solution might be flawed. 

Competitive advantage is also a good persuasive technique. Why pay for something that elites are paying for when you can get it for free?

For example, I’ve often thought of buying a subscription to the IAA, ripping all the videos, and releasing them on google drive for people to use freely. Maybe not the best decision karmically, but hey, maybe it benefits people 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, MetaDao said:

Eh! I still might just rip them and put them somewhere.

It would be easy enough.

Lmao! I’m just saying, think about it. Who does it hurt? 

Only thing it hurts is the profit margin of Damo and whoever he is paying. People would still have to pay him for workshops and in person training.

Could even use A.I to replace him with an animated avatar and do voice overs. 

Place all the recorded videos he’s posted on a video streaming service on the blockchain where they can’t be taken down. YouTube alternative. Pretty simple.  

Anyone with the link could access all the public teachings for free. 

Competitive advantage.

He has used the competitive advantage principle as an inherent marketing tactic. Oh I’m so selfless! I’m giving you these arts I had to pay a shit ton for for a cheaper price than anyone is offering. Competitive advantage marketing tactics.

Wouldn’t harm my practice at all 🤷‍♂️

You see, here are the flaws of your teacher.

He is attached to money, power, and fame.

My solution takes all three of those away, and so, he gets angry calling it deplorable :) 

So, who really, is causing harm to his own practice in this scenario? I’d say it is the one still attached to fame, power, and money who refuses to place others Dao above his own. It goes against the spiritual advice of all past masters.

Those in opposition to such a solution are

1) Benefitting from the current system 

2) Currently learning from the teacher in question with enough money to pay the fee

3) Scared the teacher will kick them out if they share the same view

I am highlighting the flaws of the system. I think they are fairly clear to see. Damo chooses of his own free will to maintain the fee because of his attachments to fame, money, and power.

When someone like me says such things, his personality will get angry because he knows it’s true.

5 hours ago, MetaDao said:

He reveals his hypocrisy and identity in one post!

Oh, the irony 😜

5 hours ago, MetaDao said:

I see you fall into both the second and third categories.

Wanting to appear well-intentioned to your own teacher to gain his approval and willing and able to pay the fees :) 

I am asking you, in the spirit of peace, nicely to be respectful to people here.

They have been incredibly tolerant of you

I could put a lot of information out there about your teacher, much that would cause you to have a very chasmic shift in your perception of him (and his teacher too). In fact I feel almost obliged to, but I have refrained from doing so (despite the fact it is incredibly on topic).

You'd probably have see it had you not told me, in no uncertain terms to f*** off.

@freeform @anshino23 @Wilhelm @Earl Grey and a few others would tell you, I generally try to help people where I can.

I dont say that as Im some sort of expert (im a beginner imo) but I have been very fortunate to meet good people, good teachers, and most importantly good friends. The only reason I am even posting again is for that very reason. To try and be of service, in whatever little way I can.

You seem overly concerned with hearing your own voice rather than listening to others and learning. Thats fine, except you are  placing yourself in an echo chamber, and cant hear the well meaning words of others (including mine). Believe me when I say this, nobody here wants to see you in a bad position, but you seem hellbent on placing yourself in one

You are making no friends for yourself here

Despite the fact I seen your interaction with one of my teachers, I would have given you the same respect, and probably would have happily pointed you in the direction of someone else who could help you. But you are burning bridges before they are even formed

You were removed from Damos IAA for a reason. You deserved it, 100%.

There is nothing (and I mean nothing at all you can do to defend this).

You are there to learn. That's your job as a student. Nothing else, nothing more

I told you many posts back you had a chip on your shoulder, a bruise on your ego, and you were being taken advantage of. You dont need to believe me (its totally fine if you dont) , but I gain zero by saying this, and zero by interacting with you.

Every harsh word your type, and every malicious scheme your are plotting is hurting yourself primarily

If you want to go about fixing the mistakes you've made. You can make friends here, people will help you. If you just want to hear yourself talk, criticise a person who helps thousands of people and generally generate conflict. Then I suggest you take a good hard look at yourself friend. You may think you are cultivating spirituality, instead you are just feeding your ego

All of this is said in the spirit of perhaps hoping that you might turn a new leaf. Im not going to hold my breath, but I have nothing but well wishes for you friend, despite what you may think

To finish up, my final piece of advice :

Please stop getting in your own way, and use this platform the way it should be used

Meet people, make friends, get introductions, perhaps get introduced to lineages, or steered in the right direction, help someone, let them help you. This is what this forum should be used for.

I look forward to the year ahead, and hopefully meeting some of the friends Ive made here. I hope with some changes you might find yourself in a similar position

Happy Christmas to you and yours! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Man I fucking love TDB, Merry Christmas everyone! I hope Santa brings pirated copies of all your favourite cultivation manuals down the chimney tonight 

Ooooh   OOOOOH *  ... see me in 'Chat'   > 

th?id=OIP.Auy675SdqIKHmoOq9UmhUAHaKI%26pid=Api&f=1&ipt=14ff3292881e505e6adad763350064aef3144a40c10a728ccba465430317a9e3&ipo=images

• Haha 1