Sign in to follow this  
Earl Grey

Temporarily deactivate account not delete

Hi admin, I was wondering if deactivating an account is possible, similar to a suspension, but more voluntary, rather than deleting or banning.

I'm asking because while I am at least enjoying some private message exchange from people, I need to keep offline for a while.

You might say just to disable notifications and not log in, but I need this to be a two-way thing because I don't want to be rude for anyone trying to contact me and me being unable to respond such as when I came back from a suspension before and saw a flooded inbox from others.

I'm thinking of deactivating my account for 6-12 months and returning when I'm in a better state to participate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

.. if deactivating an account is possible, similar to a suspension, but more voluntary, ..

Yup.  That, exactly; it's been done before.

Sure, no problem.  B)

Just let me know for how long, whenever you decide.

• Thanks 1

I’ll let you know soon how long I need this voluntary leave. Will also leave my contact info to the few people asking. So that they don’t wonder how to find me.

Thanks!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi admin,

Please deactivate my account from the time of posting this message until at least March 15, with the option to extend as requested. I was originally going to ask to have this until November, but I will see how things are by March.

Need a break to handle some important things. Anyone who needs to get ahold of me can go to AG (also taking a pause, but keeping account active for emergencies) or contact the user pak_satrio.

Any FP-related stuff, I trust him to answer questions in my absence or tell me if it's really important.

Happy holidays.

A late message, but just posting to say thank you to the mods for granting my request to restrict my access here for my voluntary exile. The clarity and peace of mind after working on several life projects has been immensely helpful.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this