I will become immortal 😠

I want to become powerful

Generally I don't see 'power' as a good destination to point at, though with a good art, long term sincere practice it may be a side gain.  On the other hand a very interesting read is Glenn Morris's book.  I don't like the title but the stuff in there might be up your alley to get a glimpse of the esoteric side martial arts.- https://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Strategies-American-Ninja-Master/dp/1883319293

• Like 1

In the power-over-oneself department, I'm intrigued by this: https://www.breathholdwork.com/.  Not so much in order to increase my breath hold time per se (I'm no freediver) but for the meditative possibilities.  The guy whose offering a course is Erwan Le Corre, founder of Movnat.  Could be interesting...

If I become powerful, I'll let ya know...-_-

• Like 2

@Mithras   I cannot understand what you write. I read the first post you made (10 February 2020) and that one is understandable. So I think maybe you now have an underlying medical problem (e.g. aphasia/receptive dysphasia) worth checking out. Be well. :)

Edited by Cobie

15 hours ago, Cobie said:

@Mithras   I cannot understand what you write. I read the first post you made (10 February 2020) and that one is understandable. So I think maybe you now have an underlying medical problem (e.g. aphasia/receptive dysphasia) worth checking out. Be well. :)

Who are you even expecting to mess with? I obviously wrote the message for someone else, and clearly explained what ego is. Ego does not need to respond to expected recoveries but it can still consider what it has done. And now you’re offering thanks while saying someone has a medical disposition!

I’ll fairly take both diseases but can you imagine not having intelligence or being supported by your environment. How does a psychic frog float in the sea, and by what limits is a psychic frog in a well subjected to when considering psychic power?

Just think about mass mind if you want a good answer. Just “Mass Mind”. 

@Mithras The last time you had a ‘like’ for a post was on 10 August 2021. Before that time your posts were getting plenty of ‘likes’. Seems people stopped understanding your posts at the beginning of August 2021. That’s why I think you may have had brain trauma around that time. I think you are intelligent. But your expression of language seems faulty (maybe ‘receptive dysphasia’). Worth seeing your GP imo. Be well. :)  

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

th?id=OIP.ePaQST0lIdH__FgJOyQdUAAAAA%26p

A frog telephones a psychic hotline and is told: “You are going to meet a beautiful young girl who will want to know everything about you.”

“Great” says the frog.

“Will I meet her at a party?”

“No,” replies the psychic. “Next year, in a biology class.”

• Haha 2

Is igniting a brown paper bag, (theatrically) power?

Are parlor tricks, power?

Do the members who arrive at this site, entering these gates, the ones asking, some demanding, for “power”// do the members doing this become long term members of our community?

Do they know what “ power” is?

How would anyone know if they wanted it if they don’t even know what it is?

Power seekers kinda confuse me 

( well, not really )

why don’t they go to online political forums and ask for power there?

ah yeah, that ain’t power either.

And these members never specify which skills or virtues they desire, or why or how they would use such a thing or such things, they simply ask for “power”

and expect everyone to jump at the opportunity to be the power supplier.

ok, some have over the years. Jumping to the front of the line to supply power to the ones jumping to the front of the line seeking it. That all went well, worked out alright didn’t it? No?

good grief dudes, all I asked for was “power” give it up and cya already, I ain’t got time to waste, except unless, it’s the real power, you know, hurry up hand it over.

does this ever work or ever work out?

can a member, seeking “power” here be identified as one who attained this power?

if so, please share your experience.

I think I must’ve missed it when that happened.

it never inspires me. 

what a difference IMO it would be if new members came here asking about virtues or skills; and a few have actually, not nearly as many it seems as the ones seeking “power”

or if there were many passing through our gates asking for ways to help others, heal themselves and then be able to be of service healing others or that sorta thing, or show sincere respect, open mindedness, steady consistency, at least///

and again, we’ve had those types too. Personally, I find those a bit more interesting and may follow some of their posts.

and I’ve even tried ( often successfully) to provoke these in some way. For my own reasons (rightly or wrongly)

and a few of the few do hang around despite the various antics, insults, ego battles, etc and become lights of our community. I thank them, kinda, (may take years for me to do so, ) ( The ones who don’t need thanked or acknowledged I find more interesting)

has anyone arriving here, immediately asking or demanding power to be handed to them, actually become part of our community?

If so please step forward and accept a door prize

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

why don’t they go to online political forums and ask for power there?

Magick and martial arts, two other big vectors for this in my experience ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Magick and martial arts, two other big vectors for this in my experience ;)

Right, and as the song goes, "some do magic and some do harm"

My definition of magic may be different than other folks have. 

What meaning does magick have for you?

On 12/7/2022 at 4:12 PM, liminal_luke said:

In the power-over-oneself department, I'm intrigued 

I like this intrigue of power over oneself.

And i have a friend used to post prolifically and profoundly on this site that introduced me to the hold breath stuff.  I imagine it is useful for some in a few regards. 

I am in the camp of never forcing breath or energy

On 12/7/2022 at 4:12 PM, liminal_luke said:

If I become powerful, I'll let ya know...-_-

Don't think a few of us haven't noticed your (power) growth.

• Like 1

Right, and as the song goes, "some do magic and some do harm"

My definition of magic may be different than other folks have. 

What meaning does magick have for you?

For me, it’s that whole post-Crowleyian project of projecting your will onto the universe, commanding spirit forces, and so on…

Others may see it differently :)

• Like 2

… I am in the camp of never forcing breath or energy ...

me too. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zerostao said:

I like this intrigue of power over oneself.

And i have a friend used to post prolifically and profoundly on this site that introduced me to the hold breath stuff.  I imagine it is useful for some in a few regards. 

I am in the camp of never forcing breath or energy

Don't think a few of us haven't noticed your (power) growth.

Thanks zerostao!  :wub: 

I know of several practices that have breath holding components so I'm intrigued by the possibility of increasing my breath hold time, but also wary of possible adverse health outcomes.  Holding the breath provokes stress -- obviously.  My understanding is that the breath hold course teaches people to become relaxed and comfortable in that stressful condition, and that with practice the ability to be calm under pressure generalizes to other stressful conditions in life.  If true, that would be a cool thing.  I don't see myself buying the course anytime soon though as I've already gathered more than enough stuff on my practice plate.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

Another example of crazy power. Cobra handling? :lol: Pet king cobra? There are many paths to the dark side and some are just nuts!

On 11/29/2022 at 10:37 PM, I will become immortal 😠 said:

Pls give me techniques for becoming powerful. I have done every possible things in the modern world to be come powerful and now when I looked through ancient ones i found daoism and I have already done some breathing techniques but i don't feel any different because i don't know the science behind it. If any senior can help me I am willing to do anything 

Chant this mantra "Sri Rama Rama Rama"  you will become powerful. There is another mantra " Sri Rama Jai Rama Jai Jai Rama" if you chant this mantra 13 crore times you will get boon from God. If you have any questions ask me

3 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Chant this mantra "Sri Rama Rama Rama"  you will become powerful. There is another mantra " Sri Rama Jai Rama Jai Jai Rama" if you chant this mantra 13 crore times you will get boon from God. If you have any questions ask me

Isn't it "Om Sri Rama Jaya Rama Jaya Jaya Rama" though?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Isn't it "Om Sri Rama Jaya Rama Jaya Jaya Rama" though?

Yes it is the mantra. But what i gave his is the nama ( means name) nama can chant without initiation but for the mantra we need intiation

18 minutes ago, Chang dao ling said:

Yes it is the mantra. But what i gave his is the nama ( means name) nama can chant without initiation but for the mantra we need intiation

Not true according to Thomas Ashley-Farrand and what I and a few others in that practice have accomplished, but you do you.

On 12/17/2022 at 9:41 AM, liminal_luke said:

Thanks zerostao!  :wub: 

I know of several practices that have breath holding components so I'm intrigued by the possibility of increasing my breath hold time, but also wary of possible adverse health outcomes.  Holding the breath provokes stress -- obviously.  My understanding is that the breath hold course teaches people to become relaxed and comfortable in that stressful condition, and that with practice the ability to be calm under pressure generalizes to other stressful conditions in life.  If true, that would be a cool thing.  I don't see myself buying the course anytime soon though as I've already gathered more than enough stuff on my practice plate.

I think when people hold their breath, the first instinct is to hold tension in the throat, which pushes pressure up to the head.

I have found that holding pressure in the abdomen is easier and not as stressful.

Maybe some people can hold their breath without being tense anywhere. Maybe I should give Wim Hoff a call.

Edit: Changed "pushed" to "pushes".

Edited by EFreethought
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EFreethought said:

I think when people hold their breath, the first instinct is to hold tension in the throat, which pushed pressure up to the head.
I have found that holding pressure in the abdomen is easier and not as stressful.

You are right. The former is exactly what happens. The latter is correct to hold the breath, but require some practice.

This is not for anyone that can do it from a cold start. It requires to practice the breathing method in high level.  The goal is  "sink chi to the dantian(氣沈丹田)" level. I gathered most people do not understand what that means, thus cannot accomplish holding the breath successfully.

FYI To sink chi to the dantian(氣沈丹田) with reverse breathing can hold the breath longer. At the same thing, one should know how to regulate by moving the breath up and down in the trachea. It is a very high level of practice in meditation.

It took me awhile to accomplish "sink chi to the dantian(氣沈丹田)." It was fastening when I had accomplished that the first time.

If someone interested in that, I am glad to share it. There are a lots of wild stories about "sink chi to the dantian(氣沈丹田)." One can only do it right by knowing its real definition. Otherwise, one just going in circles and practicing something in the blind and accomplish nothing.

14 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Not true according to Thomas Ashley-Farrand and what I and a few others in that practice have accomplished, but you do you.

When you add Om to the god or goddess name it will become mantra. A mantra cannot be learn without the master. This is very important rule. In the Mahabharata lord Narayana himself created this rule. Which is followed by all Hindus today. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

When you add Om to the god or goddess name it will become mantra. A mantra cannot be learn without the master. This is very important rule. In the Mahabharata lord Narayana himself created this rule. Which is followed by all Hindus today. 

“Your lineage”. 

• Like 1