Sign in to follow this  
ChiDumbass

Can someone explain to me those experiences ?

I dont really know how to explain it, but I've been doing chi kung since around 2015, going on and off, and about 3 years ago I started to be able to move this tingly feeling around my body that feels like static eletricity and sometimes I feel pain and pulsation in places that I focus . I also do feel some of this static when I move one of my hands next to another or to any more "sensitive" part of my body, such as arms, legs and lips .

I dont need to think about the part Im directing this feeling direct or make a "path" inside my body. For example, if I bring my awareness from my head to my feet, I will feel it on my arms if my arms are resting on my body . Also, I can kind of imagine a "ball of awareness" or something like that and move it around outside of my body, and every time it comes near or pass throught my body I feel the same static feeling .

What is that, and does it have any utility ? Its also the same feeling I get on my hands and other parts of the body when I practice chi kung.

Edited by ChiDumbass
  • Like 2

Hey there!

In Qigong that's called Yang Qi.  Probably some of the other bums will have different models for understanding it, but I was taught it's analogous to electricity as the energy the moves throughout your nervous system - which is why you don't have to create a path for it to move from A to B.

The utility shifts with the system you're studying, but in Qigong/Neigong it's very much the energy of life that's directed, thickened, refined and stored to increase the efficiency of your health overall.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

Hey there!

In Qigong that's called Yang Qi.  Probably some of the other bums will have different models for understanding it, but I was taught it's analogous to electricity as the energy the moves throughout your nervous system - which is why you don't have to create a path for it to move from A to B.

The utility shifts with the system you're studying, but in Qigong/Neigong it's very much the energy of life that's directed, thickened, refined and stored to increase the efficiency of your health overall.

thanks for your input.

I don't actually have a system, can I continue harnessing my sensitivity to it? Can it be dangerous ?

And what about Yin Qi ? I cant seem to find much information online .

Thanks again

Edited by ChiDumbass

Yin Qi in a generic Qigong sense is the 'magnetic' counterpart to the 'electric' Yang.  It helps to organise the Yang Qi in different areas i.e. the lower abdomen.

I'm not qualified to give practical guidance here, though a couple of guys on the forum might pop by with more information for you.  I'd just say in general that in my opinion sensitivity as an experience is overrated insofar as it's interesting to gain exposure to a subtle form of sensory experience, but without additional practices for organizing and thickening the energy you might find that the sensitivity becomes a double edged sword - I.e. you'll experience more subtle things (like people's emotions) without building the energetic strength to temper those influences (like getting sucked into people's emotions).  Does that make sense?

On 11/18/2022 at 12:20 PM, ChiDumbass said:

I dont really know how to explain it, but I've been doing chi kung since around 2015, going on and off, and about 3 years ago I started to be able to move this tingly feeling around my body that feels like static eletricity and sometimes I feel pain and pulsation in places that I focus . I also do feel some of this static when I move one of my hands next to another or to any more "sensitive" part of my body, such as arms, legs and lips .

I dont need to think about the part Im directing this feeling direct or make a "path" inside my body. For example, if I bring my awareness from my head to my feet, I will feel it on my arms if my arms are resting on my body . Also, I can kind of imagine a "ball of awareness" or something like that and move it around outside of my body, and every time it comes near or pass throught my body I feel the same static feeling .

What is that, and does it have any utility ? Its also the same feeling I get on my hands and other parts of the body when I practice chi kung.

Concise (artsy, free) internal arts primer blog I wrote.  Couple of pages especially pertinent:

Hands stuff

https://johndaoproductions.wordpress.com/2017/08/11/qi-sphere-beginning/

Pearl stuff

https://johndaoproductions.wordpress.com/2020/04/20/enso-emptiness-and-the-deep-centers/

You might look at "common fundamentals", also, to get super concise generic overview, could be applied to any system.

https://johndaoproductions.wordpress.com/

jadesutra_deep-center.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/19/2022 at 6:20 AM, ChiDumbass said:

able to move this tingly feeling around my body that feels like static eletricity and sometimes I feel pain and pulsation in places that I focus

Pushing life force around the body is important for ensuring that the body works properly.  Warm tingles are typical for absorption of the life force.

Energy blockages restrict the flow of life force.  Some blockages are internal trauma including emotional from past lives.  Some are external interferences with incoming dark energy flows

Edited by Lairg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this