Bleys

Newcomer with interest in Tai Chi, Nei Gong and Acupuncture, NL

Ah thank you very much for having me :) it is really nice to see a community as this, i was recently reccomended to join and cant wait to learn more and interact. 

I am originally from Scotland now living in the Netherlands. I found Daoism during a very painful period in my life several years ago and it has been such a beautiful influence to learn and heal through. 

I have learned Tung School Tai Chi long form for 2 years but sadly just moved to a new city where i will have to find a new teacher from a different school. 

I recently have been reccomended Damo Mitchell and his Nei Gong practices, im really enjoying his work and have started working through his internal arts academy, it has been very beautiful going back to the starting foundations of my meditations and qi gong practices.

I really look forward to hearing more peoples experience with Nei Gong and reccomendations of material to look up to support this process. 

My other passions are studying flamenco guitar and also drawing Islamic sacred geometry (and painting with watercolour).

Many Thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bleys said:

… now living in the Netherlands. …

Hi Bleys. Welcome to the forum.  I’m also living in the Netherlands. :)

• Thanks 1

On 16/11/2022 at 4:16 PM, Trunk said:

Welcome Bleys!  :D

Very nice of you to join.

Take a look around. 

(There might be a rules section in here somewhere.) 

- Trunk

Ah thank you, i have now looked through them, good to know :)

• Like 1

On 16/11/2022 at 5:25 PM, Cobie said:

Hi Bleys. Welcome to the forum.  I’m also living in the Netherlands. :)

Oh very nice :) what sort of area of Netherlands? We just moved to Arnhem from Groningen, i have really loved living in this country so far for a lot of reasons 

• Like 1

On 16/11/2022 at 6:33 PM, Wilhelm said:

samesies :D

nice to have uyou here, Bleys

Ooh very nice, are you playing flamenco yourself? It is very recently i have found Damo Mitchell, he is such a great teacher  have you practiced his methods for long?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bleys said:

Ooh very nice, are you playing flamenco yourself? It is very recently i have found Damo Mitchell, he is such a great teacher  have you practiced his methods for long?

I studied flamenco for a year, which with that teacher meant sticking to Soleares (which is apparently the classical way to learn - master loneliness then branch out).  Nowadays I don't feel lonely so often so haven't played it as much lol

And been studying Damo's material maybe 7-8 years now :) and agree with you initial assessment of him.

Hi Bleys,

Good to see you here! I’ve recently reactivated my practice of Damo’s material so we can talk about that next time we meet!

Frédéric

14 hours ago, Dlux said:

What are your guys thoughts on Mantak chia? I am also a huge fan of Damo!

Manta Chia has a bad rap here. If you want the real thing and real development, stick with Damo!