Hannes

Meaning of breaking glass.

I went to the gym today and i was putting my bag down when my glass bottle hit a wooden bench in a weird way and the bottle just shattered.

Normally i would say, though luck, shit happens. But at the same time i got a strong intuition this is an omen of something.

Anyone has an idea what it would symbolize?

Strangely i was just rhinking of taking my personal practices more serious and integrate them more. 

Strange, very strange. I don't normally read too much into things but this seemed different. 

Like it is trying to tell me something, or changing some coursenof events.

The old glass "witch ball" hanging up at my in laws house broke the morning of our wedding. 

Mazel Tov!

Always took it as a good sign.

• Like 4

I think breaking glass can be interpreted in different ways. A shattering of expectations, a restructuring, breaking something down to allow something new to arise, or letting go of something bottled up or contained. At the end of the day it’s good to turn inward and be very quiet inside and see what comes up spontaneously and effortlessly for you. I think signs are very personal and accepting the interpretation of others can be misleading.

• Like 7

Not exactly "breaking glass" but once, when I was studying in another university than the one I do now, I remember that  that day I was going to do a test and, I kid you not, I had just stepped on the first step of the stairs to enter the building when the bracelet that I had on my right hand(one made entirely of stones that resembled a starry night...I think it is a stone called "Blue Goldstone") just snapped open(it was a nylon string)and some stones went flying around while the rest just fell to the floor.

I never was one to believe in "signs", but I guess that what happened had to do with the fact that someone there had made "magic work"(I think it was a hex?) against me earlier in the semester.

By then, though, I was already protected from it, but I ended up taking this as a sign that "whatever they did or was left over from it was transfered to the bracelet".

Don't know if it was indeed this, but I like to think that the bracelet took on something that was supposed to go to me.Better it than me.

It is supposed to signify the aversion of a misfortune, according to many traditions.  The item belonging to you is, in a certain not-entirely-material sense, an extension of you (feng shui knows all about it), a bit like a family member interacting with you in whatever way your relationship has been established.  A breaking glass item of yours is like a self-sacrificing relative taking your impending mishap onto itself.  Some types of belongings are particularly significant in this respect and can avert big trouble -- a jade bangle bracelet, e.g., is normally pretty unbreakable (unless fake), but if it does crack, it means that you were in grave danger, averted by its self-sacrifice.  Another such item would be a feng shui mirror -- if it falls from its spot and breaks, you need to replace it pronto because the danger may be ongoing.  (There's a story a feng shui master tells about the death of Bruce Lee...)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, steve said:

I think breaking glass can be interpreted in different ways. A shattering of expectations, a restructuring, breaking something down to allow something new to arise, or letting go of something bottled up or contained. At the end of the day it’s good to turn inward and be very quiet inside and see what comes up spontaneously and effortlessly for you. I think signs are very personal and accepting the interpretation of others can be misleading.

Oh yeah !  I have seen some shockers in that regard !   Two things come to mind ;

1) Tarot readings and card interpretation - I have seen some 'readers'  virtually implant  their 'own stuff'  into a susceptible 'client' .

2)  Doing a months long, one night a week group  workshop on reading your own natal chart . No one else can really have an insight into yourself, past , connections, internal realms   like you can have  .

• Like 2

On 11/9/2022 at 3:00 PM, Hannes said:

Anyone has an idea what it would symbolize?

It's a broken vessel = missed opportunity