Lois

hippie

On 04.11.2022 at 3:31 PM, Cobie said:

‘Hippies’ was most definitely a “counterculture”. Using mushrooms/LSD for years, I hardly remember anything at all. Anyway. I was living in squats, getting chased out by thugs. No jobs, some did drugs-trafficking or prostitution for money. Lived in the Bhagwan ashram in Poona, saw mental illness around me. See no merit now in any of it.

Do you know this girl?

https://fastpic.org/view/120/2022/1105/_be8d8972ba58ff43893a9e395ac7fd3d.png.html

11 hours ago, old3bob said:

ok, just that the previous sarcasm sounded that way...

To you .    I   in no way mentioned any of the things you suggested

Actually, try reading the longer  post with the pictures ... thats a War Veteran of THREE WARS  .... yes, a Boar War Veteran too  -   I helped look after him ,  he was also big in the pace movement  / anti war protests .

2 hours ago, Lois said:

I've been involved with hippies long before the internet came along... .

Arresting them  ? 

Come on Man , tell us one of your hippie stories then  . 

Did you have a 'hippy chick harem '  ?

31 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Arresting them  ? 

Come on Man , tell us one of your hippie stories then  . 

Did you have a 'hippy chick harem '  ?

Here is my story

Future modeling! This practice consists that the person makes model of the future, and then this model already without its direct participation is realized in a reality. It becomes as follows: at first the person develops idea which he wants model. Then starts to develop the details accompanying this idea. Then, when the model is ready it concentrates on it, with that intention that this model was carried out in the future. Final concentration usually very short. The person himself feels, when modeling is finished. For example, when I for the first time modelled the future I simply wanted that to Russia there could arrive teachers from India and that it was possible to leave freely abroad.. As a result of intense intellectual work, I have come to a conclusion that Soviet Union should collapse on the different countries and should the system will be replaced. When I could make completely model, I have concentrated, that it has occurred. This work is very interesting also the creative. A year later the program was carried out! This work is very interesting also the creative. A year later the program was carried out! Another time it wanted to me to meet very serious philosopher. I began to develop idea and have come to a conclusion that is necessary замоделировать Philosophical Academy. When, I modelled it, there was such impression that I carried on with someone negotiations for Academy creation. As a result of this modeling there was In the REALITY a Philosophical Academy in which I began to study and has met this philosopher. There was still a set of other programs. For example, I have wanted to meet one girl from the rock music world. I model club where rock groups could act and after any time have got to this club and have met this girl. Also, a series of pictorial works which after some years has been written by me oil, though I in painting a full zero . And these works have turned out very high level. I think model it is possible anything you like. And thus the free will remains

21 hours ago, Nungali said:

Thats tough !   Here we got supported for being hippies ,   via social security .

You would go to the 'dole office'  ; " Got any jobs ? "

" No.  "  

"Okay , here is my form. Can I have a cheque please ? "

" Here ya go. "

Ohhhh Man .... gotta go to town once a fortnight and hand me form in ...... hassles !   Then they let us post it in .   OH, Man ... hassles ! - getting to the post office once a fortnight .   WELL  ?   Just leave the letter in your  mail box and the post man will collect it .

Ohhh Man ..... hassles  have to go down my mail box once a fortnight and post the form in  !  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPPEky6vhMMxKe0Rb6_yJ

just you in print and posted picture

Hippies?  Haha, my friends Dad was a real hippie, went to Woodstock, protested the war and all of that.  He had some good stories, still kept the clothes he wore during that time...

The hippy culture appeared to have made some good social progress but also declined some social progress.  Through the hippy movement, many new ideas were spread of course - peace, love, etc.  And new ways of experiencing life were explored.  I believe exploring things is a positive to a point.  The hippies were instrumental in challenging the staunch conservative view of life that was widespread throughout the developed world.  

Unfortunately, the hippy movement was so counter-culture in the sense that they denied living in society on its terms that a lot of them devolved into criminals, prostitutes, drug addicts, etc. The ones who didn't basically get out of it according to my friends Dad.  They all got jobs by the 70's.  Haha, protest against the very fabric of society can only go so far for so long...

Jimmy Page had a take on the hippies in SF - he said he traveled there thinking it would be like a cool collection of creative people sharing ideas and creating art together, but what he found was that it was just a bunch of people doing drugs all the time and riffing on nice sympathetic philosophies.

Hippies pioneered free love - but it wasn't really love was it?  The idea of having sex with multiple people together at times while on drugs - is more like a nice lustful pleasure to fulfill oneself temporarily.  Actual love is more about commitment, support, embracement, and true intimate connection.  It'd be interesting to look up the stats on single mothers and unwanted children relative to the availability of birth control... if you ask me - that was a double edged sword.  More people felt empowered to live their live freely, but society probably felt the brunt of more unwanted/accidental children, who when not properly raised- hold high risks of becoming criminals.

Turns out my friends dad's son - basically turned into a modern day hippy.  He loved being high on psychedelics... so much so that he was at risk for needing mental therapy.  He's a real nobody now - waiting tables and doing drugs all the time.  Oh, what a life to be a hippy....   when you take away the drugs and attempts at living together what do you see?  A failed system of life because they denied some truths about life and relationships that the conservative majority knew and embraced.  Like - choices have consequences that you're responsible for that reach far into the future.  Like, not everyone can live together forever - just not possible.  The hippies were basically stuck in their own dream, some of them woke up...some did not.  

I mean to me - if you have to do drugs to open your mind, you're already behind.  You've already committed to becoming a heavy user right away.  Opening your mind is a noble and admirable thing to do, but giving drugs the power to do it for you is the absolute worst way to practice it...thats the beginning of developing an addiction.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jadespear said:

Hippies?  Haha, my friends Dad was a real hippie, went to Woodstock, protested the war and all of that.  He had some good stories, still kept the clothes he wore during that time...

I mean to me - if you have to do drugs to open your mind, you're already behind.  You've already committed to becoming a heavy user right away.  Opening your mind is a noble and admirable thing to do, but giving drugs the power to do it for you is the absolute worst way to practice it...thats the beginning of developing an addiction.  

1 minute ago, Lois said:

... dude this song sucks.  

The world is already perfect in a sense.  Just because things happen that are not super awesome blissful experiences all the time doesn't mean its not perfect in its own way.  Life and death rule everything, unity and division create the rhyme and rhythm that pulses evolution forward.  The law of karma is utterly perfect and always occurring.  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, old3bob said:

just you in print and posted picture

You cant help yourself can you    :D 

21 hours ago, Jadespear said:

... dude this song sucks.  

The world is already perfect in a sense.  Just because things happen that are not super awesome blissful experiences all the time doesn't mean its not perfect in its own way.  Life and death rule everything, unity and division create the rhyme and rhythm that pulses evolution forward.  The law of karma is utterly perfect and always occurring.  

:D

Just because hippydom didnt turn out " super awesome blissful experiences all the time doesn't mean its not perfect in its own way."

You guys are funny .

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

You cant help yourself can you    :D 

you can't admit to the sarcasm in the quote you posted, is that some kind of a pattern?

6 hours ago, old3bob said:

you can't admit to the sarcasm in the quote you posted, is that some kind of a pattern?

What  'quote I posted ' ?   Be clearer ..... if you have a point .

I have no problem admitting to my own sarcasm  - anyone should be able to see that .    

• Sad 1

Gray skies are gonna clear up,
Put on a happy face;
Brush off the clouds and cheer up,
Put on a happy face.
Take off the gloomy mask of tragedy,
It's not your style
You'll look so good that you'll be glad
Ya' decide to smile!
Pick out a pleasant outlook,
Stick out that noble chin;
Wipe off that "full of doubt" look,