Sign in to follow this  
Mango

Chi Gong Lovers

Those who are interested in QiGong should watch this video. You may skip to 1:26:00 to get a general idea from the horse's mouth.
The video talks about QiGong(氣功), and the breathing was emphasized for more than an hour. Let's have the reader determine what Chi Gong is all about.

Edited by Mango

Do you think 'maniac' is a bit strong maybe?  :lol:

I watched from about 1:23:00, and though he does things differently from how I was taught (for example he talked about breaking Qigong down into breath, movement and intention) I prefer these sorts of approaches to those that lean heavily on the imagination.  In this case the students might not develop a massive amount of Qi but I didn't hear him say anything that would be particularly detrimental to his students.

Ive seen this fellow pop up on Reddit a fair bit.  He's clearly very popular and on a superficial level seems to be good natured and concerned about his students' health.  Is it 'authentic Qigong'?  Ive seen his Yi Jin Jing video and it didn't seem to include the principles I was taught were fundamental to that process, but if he's associated with the Shaolin Temple then maybe that alone makes him more 'authentic' than I will ever be.  :D

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Like 2

I will change the title to read "Chi Gong Lovers".

7 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

he's associated with the Shaolin Temple then maybe that alone makes him more 'authentic' than I will ever be. 

In Eastern society, people have practiced martial arts following the described principle here. I am using the same breathing method in my Taiji and meditation practices. I have discovered it is very effective to improve the health of my body.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this