rene

Hey -

Good to see you too, friend.:wub:

T'was your posts in the OD thread that tipped my scale to come. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

rene!!!

Hey Hi !! Delighted to see you !!

Hey Rene ,

have you ever tried blindfolded  archery  ? 

- you dont know what you're missing ! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Hey Rene ,

have you ever tried blindfolded  archery  ? 

- you dont know what you're missing ! 

I shoot instinctively - and so far I haven't missed. ;) :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rene said:

I shoot instinctively - and so far I haven't missed. ;) :lol:

Yeah... its an interesting   that .  

I and we ( a LOT of people ... all of a sudden , well, over the last few months  ) been invaded by annoying destructive bush turkeys  - they are *****   !    :angry:  So I got  a cheap bow and arrows

like the second one : 

ugvwd7enqd281.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I use blunts, intention is to scare off  turkeys, not to have them running around with arrows sticking out of them.

No matter what I do or how careful I am  I usually miss when practising   ( I got no training or instruction whatsoever ) ... yet, when I deliberately  be 'not ready' , turn/spin and quickly shoot without really aiming, I somehow manage to hit the target more .      :huh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rene said:

Nice to see you, btw; you old reprobate. :wub:

Hey !  Wait a minute !  I just looked that up ;

'a depraved, unprincipled, or wicked person'  ...... harumph !

- by the way , you still got that dorky husband ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Yeah... its an interesting   that .  

I and we ( a LOT of people ... all of a sudden , well, over the last few months  ) been invaded by annoying destructive bush turkeys  - they are *****   !    :angry:  So I got  a cheap bow and arrows

like the second one : 

ugvwd7enqd281.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I use blunts, intention is to scare off  turkeys, not to have them running around with arrows sticking out of them.

No matter what I do or how careful I am  I usually miss when practising   ( I got no training or instruction whatsoever ) ... yet, when I deliberately  be 'not ready' , turn/spin and quickly shoot without really aiming, I somehow manage to hit the target more .      :huh:

Yeah... that's kind of a 'Use the Force, Luke' thing. B)

Hey, I'm serious! We generally do better when we get our selves out of the way. ^_^

35 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Hey !  Wait a minute !  I just looked that up ;

'a depraved, unprincipled, or wicked person'  ...... harumph !

- by the way , you still got that dorky husband ?

No more dorky husband. He got killed up on the mountain late June '21.

But I am shackin up (for now) with a crazy cowboy in the deep woods of East Texas. ^_^

• Sad 1

@Shadow_self Aw.. it's okay! But I guess that was kind of a thread stopper. :rolleyes:

Tom was killed by a swarm of yellow-jackets. He'd bent over behind our cabin to lift something off the ground; they'd had a nest under it and all swarmed out and stung him on top of his head. He wasn't allergic - the coroner said it was the quantity of stings. Death sucks for sure, but this was a good one because 1) he died at home, in my arms, on our mountain, 2) death came fast - in less than 2 minutes. I had him cremated and his ashes are spread up on top of our mountain. He'd have wanted that. :)

How I ended up in Texas is a whole 'nother story. :lol:

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, rene said:

@Shadow_self Aw.. it's okay! But I guess that was kind of a thread stopper. :rolleyes:

Tom was killed by a swarm of yellow-jackets. He'd bent over behind our cabin to lift something off the ground; they'd had a nest under it and all swarmed out and stung him on top of his head. He wasn't allergic - the coroner said it was the quantity of stings. Death sucks for sure, but this was a good one because 1) he died at home, in my arms, on our mountain, 2) death came fast - in less than 2 minutes. I had him cremated and his ashes are spread up on top of our mountain. He'd have wanted that. :)

I remember Rene :( you posted this over on another forum where I happened upon it . It was sad to read.

It is nice to see you again however :) I hope you are doing better and enjoying Texas :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow_self said:

I remember Rene :( you posted this over on another forum where I happened upon it . It was sad to read.

It is nice to see you again however :) I hope you are doing better and enjoying Texas :)

Ah..right! Over in OriginalDao. I recall now telling about it, and that I was going offline for a while. I was surprised to find OD gone when I came back on recently - so decided to check in here. 

Texas is fun, and the warmer winter was nice. :) 

I sold the mountain and who knows where life will take me next... but I'm in no hurry to leave. B)

Hope all is well with you! :wub: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rene said:

Wow !  I had no idea they could do that , they look like bees . And people say Australia has a lot of things that can kill you ! Some of our wasps  are huge and ferocious looking .  So I had to look it up - not dangerous unless you are allergic .... OR  get many stings .    It does seem very strange though  ... one of those weird twists life sometimes offers us .    

That must have been some experience !  The two of you alone 'up on the mountain' and hubby dying in your arms ... still, better (IMO) than some crappy hospital room in a city with all sorts of shit going on .  But still tough . I remember years back when my young beautiful friend was dying, I was with her just beforehand and she  said

"I'm dying ."

I said , " Yeah ... I know . "  Then she said

"Who will look after my little baby ? "   - becasue she recently had a baby ... that  was tough !-anyway , I got a smiley photo of her on the window sill   :) 

Texas  deep woods in the east ?  I will have to check that out .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

@Nungali Yeah - I didn't know there were this many trees in Texas till I got down here! :lol: Plus. we're a half day's drive to the Gulf...which is also verrrry nice B)

map.jpg.c8adc3183f12128db5ae2dc013273d34.jpg

And cheers to you sir, re your young friend. Your being there helped her, I'm certain. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey hi ^_^

Time for my annual drop in; nice to see the site going strong!

Sorry to hear about Cheya - that was a nice write up for such a gentle spirit.

Gonna peek around some to see if anything has changed, or if anyone has changed their minds about anything...

Guessing not; after being in the same spot for 10+ years - why would anyone change now? LOL

I'm not one to talk, though. Still Viking, still anarchist, still raisin a bit of hell. B)

Wishing the best for everybody - 

Warm* greetings!

Rene :wub:

*Actually, hot & humid greetings; still in Texas. 

• Like 7

Harumph !     :angry:

-  its a bit like when an old friend drops in , but has to keep on going  ....

th?id=OIP.hy9Xllf9LProy8mGsGNduAAAAA%26p

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 6:22 AM, rene said:

Hey hi ^_^

Time for my annual drop in; nice to see the site going strong!

Sorry to hear about Cheya - that was a nice write up for such a gentle spirit.

Gonna peek around some to see if anything has changed, or if anyone has changed their minds about anything...

Guessing not; after being in the same spot for 10+ years - why would anyone change now? LOL

Well I have !  

I stopped having toast for breakfast .

Also my doctor asked me to watch my salt and alcohol intake  . Last time I went , he asked  " Have you cut back on salt ? "

I had to give him something ... " Yes, I have stopped salting my margarita glass ."

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2023 at 5:27 PM, Nungali said:

Well I have !  

I stopped having toast for breakfast .

Also my doctor asked me to watch my salt and alcohol intake  . Last time I went , he asked  " Have you cut back on salt ? "

I had to give him something ... " Yes, I have stopped salting my margarita glass ."

Wow! They still let you play in here?!? Good on 'em!

Grand to see you, ancient friend. :wub: