Shadow_self

Nathan Brine Revised Material

2 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

hoping you and your house will come through unscathed

Too late. It’s a state of calamity now and the entire downstairs is flooded. We’re stranded and unable to evacuate. Thankfully we still have power in my neighborhood and some Internet.

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Too late. It’s a state of calamity now and the entire downstairs is flooded. We’re stranded and unable to evacuate. Thankfully we still have power in my neighborhood and some Internet.

Best wishes to you! I hope things will turn for the better soon. Be well.  :wub:

18 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

shit, can only hope it'll not get worse 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

shit, can only hope it'll not get worse 

There’s a study on how the Dutch approach flooding versus the Filipinos: the former is a “everyone can drown, so let’s work to prevent that” versus the latter “let everyone else (especially the poor or minority language groups in other provinces) drown first and hope we don’t”.

It’s 4 inches/10cm high from the poor foundation below now. The dogs and I are upstairs still.

38 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Best wishes to you! I hope things will turn for the better soon. Be well.  :wub:

Thanks!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

We have another typhoon now all weekend and my house has leaks, so allocating ChiDragon more time than I already have is not a priority. Hope all is well in your neighborhood and with your practice!

Be safe man, jeez, you guys really don't get a let up with the weather there :(

All is good as it can be given the circumstances, and I hope the same goes for you (unsafe weather aside that is)

He’s also not earning me any money debunking him.

Someone has to say something, lest we descend into the whole Qi = ATP thing again :D 

Rather off topic, however...I have concerns regards the whole science and spirituality thing.

As far as I can see they do not compute.

There is a somewhat well decorated neuroscientist ( https://monasobhaniphd.com/book/)  who went down this rabbit hole recently, and is now promoting the frameworks of those like Michael Newton of the New Age "belief" (https://www.newtoninstitute.org/)

I appreciate her attempt to challenge materialism, however...I think there's a lot wrong with this picture

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2022 at 2:21 PM, Shadow_self said:

Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of matters related to things like tai chi, qigong, neigong, neidan, the DDJ and so forth have spent endless hours correcting his very false assertions

Like the female Taiji master says: All the misinformation is out there to mislead the real information at the final end. So, unfortunately, the true masters become the fake ones. Thus the misinformed people are too busy denying the facts without giving them any thought or stuck what was learned in their minds at first. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Mango said:

Like the female Taiji master says: All the misinformation is out there to mislead the real information at the final end. So, unfortunately, the true masters become the fake ones. Thus the misinformed people are too busy denying the facts without giving them any thought or stuck what was learned in their minds at first. ;)

You need to be exposed to the facts before you can give them any thought

The problem is, you haven't been. The post @Earl Grey copied and pasted from your older writings makes that abundantly clear

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

… the misinformed people are too busy denying the facts without giving them any thought or stuck what was learned in their minds at first. 

Yep.

On 28/10/2022 at 9:06 PM, Cobie said:

What is the “mind”?

A pivotal question imo. 

Edited by Cobie

21 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

It’s 4 inches/10cm high from the poor foundation below now. The dogs and I are upstairs still.

thinking of you and hoping it did not get worse 

4 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

thinking of you and hoping it did not get worse 

We're fine--a few people died though as you can look up Tropical Storm Nalgae.

My home was a disaster--I may need to move actually. Hoping that the next storm this week is just typical rain.

You end up developing a cultivator and Daoist attitude out of necessity when things like this happen. Whether someone with technical skills can impart this in addition to the practice is probably the best way to get back to OP here.

Have a good weekend and good week ahead everyone!

• Like 8

Nathan now has 5 courses available on his platform...including  lesser reverted elixir and celestial eye practice

(which can be prebooked)

https://online.nathanbrine.com/

Im a bit surprised at the prices of the 3, 4 and 5 being honest.

I know he has integrated some of this into his new cinnabar platform

How much of it I don't know

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Nathan now has 5 courses available on his platform...including  lesser reverted elixir

so you pay first and then he tells you what exactly "lesser reverted elixir" is? or its gonna remain a surprise all the way?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Im a bit surprised at the prices of the 3, 4 and 5 being honest.

Ouch…

For that price… instead of buying all these courses one could chat to Neirong on his discord for a whole year!

:lol::ph34r:

But yes - it’s quite expensive isn’t it. If I was really interested, I’d save up my pennies and go and see WLP instead.

I think this move to teaching online isn’t a good one to be honest.

Though I do understand that teachers need to eat and clothe their kids…

30 minutes ago, freeform said:

Though I do understand that teachers need to eat and clothe their kids…

Yes, but do their kids need to eat at Michelin 3-star establishments and clothe their kids in Gucci and Louis Vitton?

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Yes, but do their kids need to eat at Michelin 3-star establishments and clothe their kids in Gucci and Louis Vitton?

Haha that’s true… you’d hope that’s not the case (though some Chinese teachers certainly give off megalomaniac vibes :lol:)

I doubt very much that Brine would earn enough for all that to be honest.

I think it’s up to teachers how much they charge… as it’s up to the student whether they pay for it or not.

Earning a living is a tricky part of making this stuff your life purpose - no easy answers there…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

Why can’t a teacher enjoy a good meal once in a while? And look good while doing so? ;) 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dwai said:

Why can’t a teacher enjoy a good meal once in a while? And look good while doing so? ;) 

3 hours ago, freeform said:

Haha that’s true… you’d hope that’s not the case (though some Chinese teachers certainly give off megalomaniac vibes :lol:)

I doubt very much that Brine would earn enough for all that to be honest.

I think it’s up to teachers how much they charge… as it’s up to the student whether they pay for it or not.

Earning a living is a tricky part of making this stuff your life purpose - no easy answers there…

I handle tuition for my own students simply: I ask for $1k a month to meet 1-2x a week, and then I ask them what they are able and willing to pay, given that not everyone can afford that much (and yet others are willing to offer much more). Some pay less, some pay what I ask for, but I give them the same care and attention. What is more important to me is commitment, sincerity, and respect.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

so you pay first and then he tells you what exactly "lesser reverted elixir" is? or its gonna remain a surprise all the way?

For the effort you took to write that message, you could have emailed and asked him yourself :)

Also for the effort it takes you to write you next message, the same applies

If you want the answer, ask him

If you want some non-useful interaction...proceed as always :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1