Swami Jai

What is the Kunlun Energy

^ Actually, I don't even have time for the next few weeks/months...so maybe 15 biz days is fine, lol.

They have one simple thing wrong with LOA. You have to do it from the pure feeling level. Feel inside what you feel when you meet a hot babe and bring that feeling within along with all the visual. You just let it come and then let it go as a cloud passing by. Thats all you have to do and then nature responds. But may I emphasis feeling. feel the love, feel the touch of here hand on your hand, feel her breath upon your skin, so forth and so on. But nature is only going to give it to you if you are sincere in your practice.
Thanks!

Maybe I will try this and make some time tho...just to test it out. I want to get the LOA down and in effect!

My experience so far is that kunlun is love..

... like being in love with everyone and everything. Tingles and a lot of happiness :D:wub:

Thinking comes from a different (much shallower and more limited) part of you than does 'Intention'.

When you focus your awareness with thinking, you will only be present to a minute proportion of what's already here, and you end up missing that which you're looking for...

imagine yourself on a completely dark football pitch, searching for your car keys - would you rather use a beam of light the size of a laser-pointer beam or the sun which illuminates the entire pitch?

'The Law of Attraction' as you depict above comes from the thinking mind... you could call it false yang...

Intention.... mhm ;)

I`ve been working with the law of attraction for quite a few years now, and I only see result when I "give in" , and by simply knowing and feeling you have that power to attract whatever you like. And I think that , sadly enough, the secret kinda messes up the law of attraction.

Things happen at their exact right timing, and even the law of attraction can`t escape the fact that time doesn`t exist, and people tend to be too impatient. If you truly want something, with all your heart, then just ask that it happens if it`s the best for you and KNOW that the universe will serve it to you when you are ready.

It`s funny how we think we know what will make us happy,

that if a new car falls into your lap that must be god`s will. But, it`s your will, itsn`t it? How about realizing that we`re much more than what could fit into this body, that maybe we could simply wish for "happiness" and not all the things we think leads to it?

To me, this is all about being concious about the choices we make all the time. There are always hints and feelings that can tell you which choice will benifit you the most, but it`s much easier to constantly ignore them. I assume most people doesn`t even know they have the ability to find the answers to everything within themselves. Those concious choices also leads to a way of creating your own reality that is amazing, where you meet people through simply following your heart and a life that feels so right.. because everything flows naturally.

Whatever you are, whoever you are, like attracts like.

A pretty scary thought though, since I work like a magnet on totally crazy people and have experienced so much shit in my life. None of us like to think that we were partly "fault" in all this ourselves :lol:

It`s funny how we think we know what will make us happy,

that if a new car falls into your lap that must be god`s will. But, it`s your will, itsn`t it? How about realizing that we`re much more than what could fit into this body, that maybe we could simply wish for "happiness" and not all the things we think leads to it?

That's really what it comes down to - the part of you that thinks it knows what makes you happy is such a small, limited collection of blockages... Imagine you've been a prisoner all your life, living in a dank, dark, smelly cell - and all you want, all you think will make you happy would be a paint job and a pot plant - so much more is available to you, but you (or what you think yourself to be) can't see past the prison... by improving your prison cell you end up re-inforcing your identity as a prisoner... this is the problem with all goal-setting type methodologies (which is what the Law of Attraction (as it is sold to us) really is)

What Kunlun practice seems to do (for me) is that it teaches you to get out of your own way! It allows a far greater part of You to express itself... The tricky bit is that we're so used to controlling our life from that limited self that it becomes very difficult to let go of control... The real Law of Attraction is about the Tao manifesting its perfection through you - there is no conscious control in this - control is contrary to this flow. The the real law of attraction is far, far simpler than what it's made out to be - much simpler and far more difficult. It's not what you think, because thinking is not part of it.

Anette, what has been your experience with the Law of Attraction?

What a great post freeform

My experiences with the law of attraction originated from quite a different source than the secret, so I guess those words I read gave me a little insight on the fact that I did have to let go in some way. To tell the truth, it completely changed me. I felt I was always at the right place at the right time, and I was happy. Somehow it wasn`t enough though, cause I always ended up having down-periods after a while and then the climb up to happy-go-lucky-Anette was pretty rough. I don`t really know what happened, but I started getting sloppy and felt it required a lot from me to always be positive.

I believe that the law of attraction can be summed up in once sentance, it`s no hocus pocus. It simply tells us that like attracts like, and that positive thoughts, actions and intentions vibrate much higher than those of negativity.

I do think that the law of attraction is a great tool, one path that is worth walking, but I love how easy kunlun is. I love what you wrote: "What Kunlun practice seems to do (for me) is that it teaches you to get out of your own way!". That is a beautyful way to put it. Kunlun is still very new to me, but I also feel that it works that way. I`ve always lived in my head, and been told that I need to stop thinking so much. I felt that this was corrected, but I`ll admit it kinda pissed me off too, `cause what was I if I was not my thoughts and feelings? I feel kunlun helps you see past all that in a way, helps you let go... go with the flow :) Or maybe it was max, with all his "let go of your mind" talk. hehe

And with pure intent and trust in the fact that everything you need will come to you,

you might not have to think your way to everything in life? :)

How long have you been doing kunlun freeform?

Cool... a law of attraction/Kunlun thread!

I think of the law of attraction as simply the law of karma rearticulated in today's terms. When I first learned the law of attraction I was pretty stoked that all I needed to do to change the world is to change my thoughts and feelings. True enough, but how do I do that??? The pursuit of that question I think leads to the practice of Kunlun, meditation, chikung, etc.

Another idea commonly embedded in the teachings of law of attraction teachers is a huge faith in the goodness of the universe, which is very present in Max's teachings. I've not heard Max chat about the LOA, but I have heard him say to only do Red Phoenix when you are in a good mood as it has a lot of power to manifest things into your life, so you want those to be good things.

From what I've gathered, Max's teachings are very compatible with law of attraction teachings. Also, since Abraham is such a major LOA teacher, it helps people get used to communicating with the non-physical realm which is a component of Kunlun, so that's a plus.

Just reading a little bit of this i thought i would immediately point out...

Taoism is about understanding what effects comes from a practice, and finds the usefulness of the practice within its effects.

--There is no usefulness in getting stuck on a practice, its the fact you got stock on the practice that it requires change on your part so you are still continuing your way on your goal.

I'll give a small example of two different practices which lead to two different people explain it in a completely different way. As if they had difference in opinion on the same matter (which wasn't the same matter at all).

Thinking comes from a different (much shallower and more limited) part of you than does 'Intention'.

When you focus your awareness with thinking, you will only be present to a minute proportion of what's already here, and you end up missing that which you're looking for...

imagine yourself on a completely dark football pitch, searching for your car keys - would you rather use a beam of light the size of a laser-pointer beam or the sun which illuminates the entire pitch?

'The Law of Attraction' as you depict above comes from the thinking mind... you could call it false yang...

My take on it is that usually by thinking of it, you are taking your intent off of that which actually fuels the manifestation. A generalization, 'dont pay attention to the scenery.' Its like if you feel qi flow here or there - you dont want to focus on the qi or the flow or the here or there, because you are taking emphasis off of that which is making you feel the qi flow in the first place.

edit: "There is no usefulness in getting stuck on a practice" is referring to getting addicted to a feeling, enjoying a sensation and/or continuing to drive for that sensation, the thought of only wanting to have a so and such feeling. Thats what i mean getting stuck. Its not continual growth. That evolves, or as taoists say "changes".

Edited by WhiteTiger

So do so many people who practice Kunlun seriously not know what Kunlun's energy is, and whether or not it is qi? Is it just qi, but with a few extra doses of magnetism and bliss?

exactly...try explaining red to a person that's been blind his whole life, just as easy. its experiential.

Guest winpro07

It's a true alchemilcal process having it's beginning, and completion in source.

It's the completeion that many people want to know in advance.

If you let go enough to become intuitive about it -you might get an answere that requires no questions.

I was of the former, but my heart, and its source would not let me deny.

Love has always been enough. There has always been a 'way,' but it is not in the mind -not in the body.

We all undersatnd the truth very plainly, and no more arguments need be made.

How many of us have the faith to seek what is already so very very close to us?

For my self, All praise to Max, and company for all they have done, and all they will do

So... in other words, Kunlun is magic and different from everything else. Its energy is different from every other energy, and nobody is really sure how compatible it is with other practices. I guess Kunlun is so clear and simple that nobody seems to know anything about it...

:unsure:

With the respect due to joe and others whose points are well made, I've explained something which many others have not experienced, CCO, and have provided hypotheses for the neurochemical mechanics of their occurrence. The closest to similar that Chris or Max through Chris has provided is a statement of "it feels like flying" sans substantiation for how or why said feeling occurs. Until a more substantive offering is provided I think styrofoamdog has provided the most definitive description, "...Kunlun is magic..."

Nice try.

Following that logic: Love is "magic"

Opening your body to it's highest potential and experiencing your own divine fundamental nature is something to be EXPERIENCED.

Kunlun IS Taoism.

Cut your head off and then you can begin to understand the Tao.

Cut your head off and then you can begin to understand the Tao.

I was thinking of just posting that since that's what Max told me at the first workshop I did. "I tell my students to cut off thier head".

But I didn't think that would work for some of these guys.

But I like it :)

I was thinking of just posting that since that's what Max told me at the first workshop I did. "I tell my students to cut off thier head".

But I didn't think that would work for some of these guys.

But I like it :)

Yes I used to say shit like that about twenty years ago but since then I've become enlightened. So by all means cut your head off, just like a chicken! Have you ever noticed how most humans look like chickens?

Patrick,

Many people here have and continue to have profound experiences studying with Max. It's not make believe.