Swami Jai

What is the Kunlun Energy

okay, so im one of those silent forum stalkers, but in a good way. Anywho, I have been doing practicing Kunlun since I learned a little over a month ago in Maui. I absolutely love the practice as it is just so spontaneous and in accord with natural law. The one thing I have been wondering lately is exactly what is the energy of Kunlun. Max says its not Chi and its not Kundalini, so what is it in taoist tradition. I remember there being something like 3 energies available to man coming from the cosmos, so is Kunlun one of those energies or is it something not really talked about in the old taoist texts?

The other question I have for the group is what other kunluners do along with their practice in terms of qi gung and tai chi. Are there any particular styles that you have found correlates with kunlun really well or maybe max has taught you some tai chi for use with kunlun.

Last I would like to find out if anyone who is studying with max resides around the Iowa area because Rich will be coming soon to Fairfield, Iowa to do a weekend workshop of Kunlun 1 and probably some other cool techniques. Maybe I'll just make a whole nother post about that.

I guess I stumped the bunch. i'll just wait it out till someone who knows, maybe if kan is out there somewhere. anyone???

Namaste Swami Jai,

I don't know what exactly the energy of kunlun is. You probably know as well as I do.

Max taught us standing 5 elements which can be more like a tai chi flow, and it is GREAT in addition to kunlun. My favorite practice! He also showed us a bagua form which also is good with it. There is a new book coming out some time which has some of the stuff in it.

I think noone has answered because you seem to have had access to the explanations, yet are looking for an explanation beyond the explanation.

I'm a beginner in K-1, but here is the explanation I observe.

Lets assume that the earth has magnetic forces and gravitational forces, and they are acting on us in ways we are generally unconscious of.

Notice how a compass only works when the needle is in the center of a fulcrum point; its balanced and needle easily moved with the slightest magnetic force.

Well sitting on a chair, in the K1 position, notice how centered yet completley ungrounded you feel, so its akin to making yourself into a compass needle. So you begin to act like a compass needle by pulling in the energy, aparently from the ground. And that perhaps explains why its the feet that shake and bounce.

Next is the psychological expectations effect. The first time I did Kunlun I thought it resembled the "tests" we do in hypnosis, where the subject is set up, tricked, to have the hypnotic expectations fulfilled, and once the subject sees the expectations fulfilled, he buys into the fact he is hypnotized--making himself in reality hypnotized. So iin Kunlun once you see yourself wobble, your mind tells you that there is energy making you do this--and this sets more conditions for the energy to actually enter you in a greater way. Therefore, this energy can be blocked or not allowed by the concious mind.

The way this energy interacts with your body once you start becoming this little antenna for it, gives the results as you know.

Edited by de_paradise

I've heard it said that Kunlun isn't an energy practice, but is rather a ling or spirit based practice. In any case, it does seem to be a different kind of practice.

okay, so im one of those silent forum stalkers, but in a good way. Anywho, I have been doing practicing Kunlun since I learned a little over a month ago in Maui. I absolutely love the practice as it is just so spontaneous and in accord with natural law. The one thing I have been wondering lately is exactly what is the energy of Kunlun. Max says its not Chi and its not Kundalini, so what is it in taoist tradition. I remember there being something like 3 energies available to man coming from the cosmos, so is Kunlun one of those energies or is it something not really talked about in the old taoist texts?

In Taoism (and i'm sure in other practices also a small but good example would be buddhism) try to listen to not the words people speak. But the meaning behind it. It is an art of using words well (or the right words) to discribe something what one means. Some words have labels or are a label. For example names are labals that are given to represent something specific. I personally know of two definitions of Kunlun. (i don't claim there the only ones) Kunlun is considered the "mastery of the head" Another name of Kunlun is the mountain range in China. (which is another a label to describe a specific mountain)

I did a fast search on google images and found:

http://www.harpercollege.edu/mhealy/geogre...eagif/chmtn.gif

Sorry I am unable to answer your question directly. Its my suspesion (just a suspesion) that Kunlun is not one of the actual defintion used. Although it still has merit because it is a label used to define soemthing (which is the meaning were talking about. To try and understand what one person says by the meaning of Kunlun)

Now I'm do not speak chinese and there are 7 different meanings for the same word said in a different tone in contonese and 4 in maderian. So the english translation of Kunlun could have many many meanings.

But, there are many different types of Chi, not just one Chi. Chi is a catagory for a bunch of different types of energies. Some would say that Chi translates to Energy in english while this is not the 100% full meaning or understanding it generally applies. I've overheard that Kundalini is actually the same as Hot Yang Chi energy. Weather that is true or not I suspect so but i have no practiced Kundalini energy so i can not say 100% for sure.

It is indeed a big question and requires lots of work to find out what Max means and the type of energy that this Kunlun energy is.

The other question I have for the group is what other kunluners do along with their practice in terms of qi gung and tai chi. Are there any particular styles that you have found correlates with kunlun really well or maybe max has taught you some tai chi for use with kunlun.

I never heard of a Kunluner talk on this board (not that i've read all the kunluners posts) that Max teaches Kunlun energy along with an art. I've heard other practices that are different that he learns and teaches.

Just trying to help out my 2 cents and i hope it helped to some degree

If definitely feels magnetic, but I didnt notice that connection until I was pulled somewhere by it :D

Wouldnt all qi kung fall into magnetic energies anyway and not just kun lun since the magnetic pull on the earth anyway?

I think its just a way to promote kunlun saying its kunlun energy which is not correct its Chi DEVELOPMENT from Kunlun practice that may feel magnetic.

Has anyone attained any abilities yet from there Kunlun practice apart Max?

WYG

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I do remember Max talking about it as not chi and not kundalini but a cooling magnetic energy flowing downward whereas kundalini is an upward moving frequency not to say they also move in other directions but thats just how they are described. On top of that maybe you all can recall the three treasures of taoism; jing, qi, and shen. Maybe kunlun is shen flowing downward. All I know is that Max described it as a downward flowing energy which is not written about previously. I am just truly looking for actual name of the energy in taoist traditions in order to understand what I have forgotten from lives previous.

Guest winpro07

its love, or light. Divine is a good word

I wonder if this might be related?

The third whole star tetrahedron is female in nature, is magnetic, is literally the human emotional body and rotates clockwise relative to your body looking out, or to put it another way, it rotates toward your right side.
The Seal of Ankhnaten depicts 2 separate Great Pyramids interlocked in total harmony. One of the pyramids is the "male" electro-mental portion of one's Light Body which rests above, or below, the "female" magnetic-emotional portion of one's Light Body depending on whether one is in a male or female physical body. Males use a logical oriented approach in problem solving and have the electro-mental pyramid on top. Females approach problems intuitively and "feel" their way through problems by having the magnetic-emotional pyramid on top. Each pyramid is half of an Octahedron.

one's male electro-mental fields and their female magno-emotional energy fields.

According to sacred geometry teachings going back to Egypt and probably Atlantis...there seems to be an association between "female," "emotional," magnetic and "downward" light energy.

merkaba.jpg

Similarly, Kunlun is also about using feeling (not thinking), women seem to naturally excel at opening faster and it involves a downward "watery" (yin) flow...

Edited by vortex

Jai,

I'm curious why you need or want someone else's name for something that you yourself can experience. Can you explain?

AugustLeo :)

I dont really know, its just my nature being in university to have these technical things. It also helps me explain things to people here in my community who are all very use to having all the details when it comes to knowledge of consciousness. I am having Rich from Maui come here soon to do a kunlun weekend seminar and I need to start hurding the troops, so to say. So I want to have a introduction before he comes and I wish to be well versed when posed with questions about the practice.

that sounds about right

Edited by Swami Jai

I wonder if this might be related?According to sacred geometry teachings going back to Egypt and probably Atlantis...there seems to be an association between "female," "emotional," magnetic and "downward" light energy.

merkaba.jpg

Similarly, Kunlun is also about using feeling (not thinking), women seem to naturally excel at opening faster and it involves a downward "watery" (yin) flow...

I love the merkaba.

Kunlun is a very female flow of something and I have fallen in love with her but in order for the relationship to work there needs to be a symbiotic understanding of both feeling and thinking. Maybe for women practicing Kunlun they are totally content with the feeling but I need to satisfy my natural urge to understand logically.

Really I was just wondering if it is one of the three treasures in Taoism or a secret treasure, a forth treasure?

Really I was just wondering if it is one of the three treasures in Taoism or a secret treasure, a forth treasure?

The Three treasures of Taoism often refer to many different things. The most populare in Neigong practice (there are two general uses of the word neigong, the people that use it to discribe its an exercise like Neigong itself, and Neigong as a name to label a specific practice that reaches Immortality. At least from my observations and what I've read.)

Anyway, I can assure you it is not exactly distinctively one of the three, Qi, Jing or Shen. As Max himself describes it as Energy. Qi is roughly translated into Energy... despite what type it is non-the-less it is energy. Not Jing which roughly translates to a person's essence or Shen which i have not yet opened my awareness to the exact experience that defines it but people that often agree with the first two translations i just said claim Shen to be spirit.

but I need to satisfy my natural urge to understand logically.

It may be normal, but I'm not convinced it's natural!

Good luck, anyway.

It may be normal, but I'm not convinced it's natural!

Good luck, anyway.

I don't think it's unnatural for modern humans, but it won't 'give' you anything.

'Logical' thoughts generally lack any spiritual nutrition - they often trap and poison - however when thoughts lose value/significance/meaning for you, they become thoroughly entertaining!

...but a cooling magnetic energy flowing downward

Someone from the Kunlun school should speak on this more? As most chi gung pracitioners will associate practice with a "warming up" as practicing progresses, differing or multiple perspectives on the "cooling" energy would be helpful ...

What Ian said. Spectrum too.

No one would appreciate my thoughts on the subject. Really.

Edited by xenolith

Hold a magnet near the fridge. Feel that? Now picture yourself as a tiny spec inside the middle of that field somewhere. You're not the fridge, nor the magnet, but you can feel whats in between. The 'energy' is 'cool' but shaking enough will make you hot :)

Hold a magnet near the fridge. Feel that? Now picture yourself as a tiny spec inside the middle of that field somewhere. You're not the fridge, nor the magnet, but you can feel whats in between. The 'energy' is 'cool' but shaking enough will make you hot :)

What happens after Hot?

"Supported by Yin, Embrace Yang."