Sign in to follow this  
almaxy

Tapping the meridians of the body

Ok, so I'm kinda famous here for training without a master(lol) that's why I want to know if tapping the meridians  - it's literally just tapping to release blocked energy channels - can cause any type of harm? Can this be practiced without a master?

Be aware of your body feeling when tapping.  The feeling will change when it is tapped out.

And the tapping ought to provide a slight sense of uplift in the body.  If not, tap elsewhere

On 27/09/2022 at 7:54 PM, almaxy said:

Ok, so I'm kinda famous here for training without a master(lol) that's why I want to know if tapping the meridians  - it's literally just tapping to release blocked energy channels - can cause any type of harm? Can this be practiced without a master?

Theres a specific way to help with breaking up stagnation and that...

Damo Mitchell recently uploaded a qi gong deviation/sickness course for free....there's an exercise set that helps with this kind of thing in it...suggest you watch the whole thing...especially if you don't have a teacher

Would also suggest you dont train any energy work without a teacher...its a good way to cause yourself harm

• Like 1

Tapping or any self massage is having a wide spectrum, from slight tapping to Yi Jin Jing's using small rocks to pounce your dantian.  If only meridian tapping is concerned.  It is no big deal because in old age association, tv, health classes... it can be freely taught for a few minutes without much background information.  A teacher is useful but a master is unnecessary.  Anyway I never read there is any harm, nor positive effect.  Most people drop out after a while.

To make this technique useful, which is highly praised in old books, some sort of Chinese medicine knowledge is necessary.   Why a person is tapping this meridian instead of another?   Why you need to tap your feet when your head is having problem?  It is similar to using herbs, much intricacies inside.  And a person's body changes every moment.   Unless there is a chronic and persistent problem, it is not recommended to tap the same one for years.

I think these Qigong massaging can be adapted to the modern context.  It is better to avoid playing with phones.  Watch tv instead.  When watching tv, these messaging techniques can be practised.  e.g. combing the hair backwards, rubbing tummies.  After a while one can be doing such as a second nature, getting reasonably benefits without the stress or stamina or time to "exercise".

• Like 1

I do think tapping the meridians is some kind of  starting point  to learn TCM and  acupuncture . For example , tapping the gallbladder meridian , one of the most common ways of learning or testing the effectiveness of the  meridian therapy , is good for your health and  your identification of  the rough  location of the meridian . The shortcomings of it are the way  just too rough , and it does not help you  identify and locate those acupuncture points , let alone the intricate relations between them and the meridians.

In fact, the mechanism of qi in our bodies can be discovered, then manipulated  when :

1) we get sick , which could be due to the imbalance  or deficiency of qi ;  and from these qi's distorted forms we learn about what qi can be   and try to cure its varied expressions (symptoms )  ;  it  can be viewed  as some kind of  way negative  for we learn qi from its abnormal forms and its negative effects on us .

2) we can initialize qi ourselves  to study its character and expressions , say , we pay attention to the inner depth of our forehead then get some feeling of qi at the abdomen..; and by shifting such attention , now  become  a consolidated no-mind , we try healing some troubles in our bodies ;  in that sense ,  it can be said as  a  positive way .

Also by acupressing points which give us  feelings of pain along the meridians  , we  can find a shortcut to learn about qi and  TCM  that many people overlook .  For example , if you get digestion problem , then likely at  Sanyinjiao (' 三陰交' ; SP6 ) , you will  get some significant pain . On the other hand , if  you feel  pain at the Qimen ('期門' ;  LR14) acupuncture point of  the Liver meridian , then very likely you are having some potential  disease related to the liver which even you have not noticed it  ..etc . Playing with them in your daily life let you take less medicine, save more money , and explore the world of qi easier . 

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

Acupressing the meridian points may cause discomfort but no permanent harm. However, if there is a pain in the body, acupressing the right meridian point may stop the pain almost instantly. For example, I had this pain in my neck for two years from throwing knives. So, I bought and studied the acupuncture book that was used in acupuncture classes in China. I used a hook-like acupuncture instrument for the hard-reaching place in the back of the body by acupressing the meridian points on my shoulder blade. I just had done it a few times and the pain in the neck was gone, instantly, and never came back.

Sign in to follow this