admin

Resources: Books, Links, Articles, Movies, etc.

yep, i have the Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming dvd and i always like anything by Dr. Yang.

my friend lazy cloud and his teacher and teacher's teacher etc,

have a 5 animal frolics far more complete than i have seen elsewhere.

there is a live set of the 5 animals, then a dead set , then a spirit set , and the original hwa t'o posture too.

and lazy cloud's set is the same 5 animals that Dr. Yang illustrates.

of course there are other 5 animal sets with different animals.

there is a standardized set. like lazy cloud will say, zerostao will never give him undue credit.

in this case his school has the top shelf goods.

at one time i thought that with the hwa t'o and xingyiquan would be the path i took.

and it woulda been a great choice.

if someone needs some great health and a medical qigong, this one should be considered.

excellent for the lymph systems.

you have piqued my curiosity and got me searching, what is the Hwa T'o (Hwa Tuo) posture and spiritual set?

Edited by Desert Eagle

Resources to learn the qigong methods used by the allegedly 250-year-old Master, Li Ching-Yun:

Daoist Seated Qigong and Practices

i think its awesome that LCY lived to 256 practicing daoist energetics, diet, and 8 pieces of brocade.

you would think he would have some super secret qigong routine that was really esoteric... lol but nope its 8 pieces of brocade

this book is one i always mention, and has a recipe for LCY's spring wine, an herbal vodka that prolongs life, in it... Daniel Reid's "Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity".

• Like 3

this book is one i always mention, and has a recipe for LCY's spring wine, an herbal vodka that prolongs life, in it... Daniel Reid's "Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity".

That is the most freakin tonic I've ever seen. Ingredients from sea horses to human placenta! During the birth of one of my kids I thought I should grab some of this bloody ropey slime.

I could just see the doctor saying 'Here is your new boy son' and me saying 'Hold on, I'm just getting some of this placenta off the floor! I'll need to dry it for a tonic' :o Hello State Child Services Parole.

i think its awesome that LCY lived to 256 practicing daoist energetics, diet, and 8 pieces of brocade.

you would think he would have some super secret qigong routine that was really esoteric... lol but nope its 8 pieces of brocade

he played some baguazhang too

edit> and at that time baguazhang was big time esoteric

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

.................................................................................................

The deceptively simple 8 Strands of Silk Brocade contains all of QiGong.

dynamic meditation:

simplified condensed version:

what i do when i'm depressed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnC_VsEcFiM

original instructions: www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6tE2fyCfLk

the osho vibe song on spotify OshO – Third Stage

=======

======

=====

====

alexander lowen:

confidence exercise (the bow):

interview snippets:

=======

=====

===

william reich room: http://massfree.com/MFT_products.shtml

========

======

=====

TED talk body position effect on the mind: http://www.ted.com/t...ho_you_are.html

=====

===

==

Edited by Desert Eagle

http://www.amazon.co...ds=juice, taiji

I am finding this book to be very usefull and wonderful for tai chi practice.

Tumoessence, thank you very much for this recommendation! Meredith's descriptions of energetic development in Juice: Radical Taiji Energetics, are the first I've read that actually describe what has been happening in my practice over the last few years! This book is a huge help in watching and moving the energy, finally offering a(n unusual!) framework that fits the way my practice has already been developing. I'm psyched! Anybody else fascinated with Chuang Tzu's statement that "The Ancient Ones breathed from their heels", check this one out.

• Like 2

I'm on Sounds True email list. They often have well known teachers giving free downloadable lectures. I'm listening to Robert Moss on Active Dreaming in the Multiverse now, and its very good, not at all an info-mercial, Two weeks ago they gave out 6 decent guided meditations, all free, pieces from larger works.

They have a wide variety of offerings, probably something worthwhile for most. SoundsTrue.com.

Damo Mitchell's newest book is out! Heavenly Streams: Meridian Theory in Nei Gong. Here's the blurb:

"The art of connecting with, feeling and adjusting the energy body using the consciousness is a key aspect of Nei Gong and Qi Gong. It sits somewhere between Qi Gong, meditation and the lesser-known art of Shen Gong, and although it is known in China it has never before been written about in an accessible way in the West. Damo Mitchell provides step-by-step instructions on how to experience the various elements which make up the energy body, explaining how to identify and feel these, and how to diagnose imbalances and restore harmony. He describes the nature of the five elements, the meridians and the meridian points, inviting the reader to experience them through guided internal exercises using the body, breath and mind. Instructional drawings and photographs are included throughout the book. Connecting the fundamentals of Chinese medicine with the lesser-known spiritual and esoteric aspects of practice, this book will be of great interest to intermediate and advanced practitioners of Qi Gong, Nei Gong, Taijiquan and Chinese medicine."

Edited by cheya

There is a great youtube channel of Alan Watts lectures (audio only), it also features a lot of material on Daoism. I usually download them using the firefox add-on youtube mp3 podcaster and listen to them on my mp3 playerhttp://www.youtube.com/user/AlanWattsLectures

And the website of publisher Golden Elixir press offers some free materials on academic studies of Daoism:

http://www.goldenelixir.com/index.html

The British website Tao Directory has loads of information and free articles by well-known authors and masters such as Dan Reid, Michael Winn and many others

http://www.taodirectory.co.uk/

41QqW-DXuhL._SY346_PJlook-inside-v2,TopR

177 of 182 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A method to the madness?, November 27, 2004

Okay, I bought this book because of the "Engrish" translation. It appears to have been laterally translated from Japanese to English (like the Japanese term for "Carousel" is literally "pony toy go round"). I read it, and I had quite a few laughs, mainly at the surrealism of the language.

But I decided to try the methods described in the book. Anal constrition and stomach compression, 100 times a day for several days.

At the risk of seeming disgusting, permit me to say that several days after I started this practice, I experienced what was probably the largest bowel movement in my life. I've also lost a few inches around the waistline and my energy level seems to be rising.

Perhaps there's some wisdom in this book after all!

Edited by Desert Eagle

Anyone read this? It just came out...

http://www.amazon.com/Decoding-DAO-Meditation-Complete-Comprehensive/dp/1478703946/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_283155_b1_1_p?ie=UTF8&refRID=0S0Y74ABTR6DNHT57VWG

Seems like it's going to be the same regurgitated information from all the other books like it. 446 pages too... :o

It seems suspicious that this book is comprised of 9 lessons and I have to wonder if it is based on the old, and very informative, Chinese National Chi Kung Institute Chi Kung Correspondence Program.

If that is the case this program can be obtained for free at http://www.scribd.com/doc/85575747/Chi-Kung-Correspondence-Course-Chinese-National-Chi-Kung-Institute

As you point out the information is all out there already and is not difficult to get hold of. The difficult part is finding the time and discipline to do the work necessary to make progress.

• Like 2