What is your intention? What do you want from such a course?

These things:

• 100 days meditation challenge
  • One Powerful Exercise
  • Train your mental body daily like in a Gym
  • Boost concentration and effectiveness
  • Develop mental clarity

...can be accomplished by anyone with the discipline to meditate in open awareness daily for a month, let alone 100 days. There are teachers everywhere that would guide you in such an endeavor for free. There IS no "secret".

Dharma is everywhere, has never been hidden, and costs nothing. What is actually fundamentally important is utterly simple, though few will have the discipline or trust to try it. 

So close you can’t see it.
So deep you can’t fathom it.
So simple you can’t believe it.
So good you can’t accept it.

– Kalu Rinpoche, Four Faults of Natural Awareness

1. The nature of mind is just too close to be recognized. Just as we are unable to see our own face, mind finds it difficult to look into its own nature.

2. It is too profound for us to fathom. We have no idea how deep it could be; if we did, we would have already, to a certain extent, realized it. 

3. It is too easy for us to believe. In reality, all we need do is simply to rest in the naked, pure awareness of the nature of mind, which is always present. 

4. It is too wonderful for us to accommodate. The sheer immensity of it is too vast to fit into our narrow way of thinking. We just can't believe it. Nor can we possibly imagine that enlightenment is the real nature of our minds. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stirling said:

These things:

• One Powerful Exercise
  • Develop mental clarity

...can be accomplished by anyone with the discipline to meditate in open awareness daily for a month, let alone 100 days. There are teachers everywhere that would guide you in such an endeavor for free. There IS no "secret".

Dharma is everywhere, has never been hidden, and costs nothing. What is actually fundamentally important is utterly simple, though few will have the discipline or trust to try it. 

I think the best people to make that assessment are those who’ve taken the course or are assigning it like @Aeordimm.

Just to restate my point:

These things:

• One Powerful Exercise
  • Develop mental clarity

I AM the best person to make this claim. I have guided many students down this road. Anyone who chooses to dedicate this amount of time could do this for themselves... these claims are not at all extravagant, in my opinion. 

Notice - I make no claims about the efficacy of the program. 

10 hours ago, stirling said:

Yes, those things are indeed nice but what caught my eye is the promise of a foundation for any other practices after all my scrolling and book reading it seems this secret is safer than the U.S nuclear football. This would be my main reason to do so and after all those books and all the knowledge I have obtained I still have no path in sight. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, stirling said:

Notice - I make no claims about the efficacy of the program. 

Then you didn’t answer his question and demonstrated something else about yourself and your practice as a result.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WitheringTree said:

Yes, those things are indeed nice but what caught my eye is the promise of a foundation for any other practices after all my scrolling and book reading it seems this secret is safer than the U.S nuclear football. This would be my main reason to do so and after all those books and all the knowledge I have obtained I still have no path in sight. 

Which secret are you after? The scrolling and book-reading is often a barrier. It could be that what you are looking for isn't knowledge in the conventional sense.  

I actually think that the course description tells you what you might need to do to get the benefits of the "Challenger" level for free: "100 Day Meditation Challenge". Anyone doing this will absolutely benefit in the described manner, as long as the practice that is the way IN to the meditation is dropped once understood. 100 days of meditation, depending on how that is done, is very likely to establish a good foundation. In-person work with a dedicated teacher that has a real lineage would also be worth consideration.  

The practice is the path. Establish a practice, and you have a path. If you are really drawn to this, DO it. It may still be a cul-de-sac. This is also part of the "path".

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

Then you didn’t answer his question and demonstrated something else about yourself and your practice as a result.

I appreciate your concern. In deference, I went ahead and reread my post. I am satisfied that it says what I intended.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stirling said:

100 days of meditation, depending on how that is done, is very likely to establish a good foundation

In what way would u recommend it be done?

8 minutes ago, stirling said:

I appreciate your concern. In deference, I went ahead and reread my post. I am satisfied that it says what I intended.

Sure.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WitheringTree said:

In what way would u recommend it be done?

I would:

Establish a meditation practice with the help of a teacher. Choose as an object something simple to start, like the breath or putting your attention on an object, to concentrate on.

Meditate until you notice that sometimes your concentration on the object drops out and there are "gaps". 

Have a qualified teacher give you "pointing out" instructions so that you can recognize the gaps for what they are. This might take several attempts.

Learn to rest the mind in open awareness. 

Ideally, sit a retreat schedule for your 100 days. 

Check in with a realized teacher who can talk through your experiences with you. 

This is sufficient for a small population of practitioners to have complete realization. 

-

There is more to it to that, but it is the basic idea.

23 minutes ago, stirling said:

I would:

Establish a meditation practice with the help of a teacher. Choose as an object something simple to start, like the breath or putting your attention on an object, to concentrate on.

Meditate until you notice that sometimes your concentration on the object drops out and there are "gaps". 

Have a qualified teacher give you "pointing out" instructions so that you can recognize the gaps for what they are. This might take several attempts.

Learn to rest the mind in open awareness. 

Ideally, sit a retreat schedule for your 100 days. 

Check in with a realized teacher who can talk through your experiences with you. 

This is sufficient for a small population of practitioners to have complete realization. 

-

There is more to it to that, but it is the basic idea.

If I may ask, what practices do you do? Seems like you know a lot about what the ancient masters course does. Is your practice similar?

• Like 1

I now primarily rest in non-meditation most of the time. 

I won't say I am any knowledgeable about the particulars of the "Ancient Masters" course (they aren't really shared as far as I can tell) but the broad outline of the overall "Paradigm" is absolutely familiar. 

Edited by stirling

On 16/09/2022 at 2:45 PM, WitheringTree said:

I came across this link I belive here in the bum's but I would like to hear your opinions on weather paying for it is worth it and is it authentic 

https://ancientmasters.org/

A better question to ask is what are you looking for?

Regards building a foundation...A foundation for what? What is the aim?

There is enough free information out there to begin this process without paying a penny to anyone being totally honest.

As for the link...Not something I'd pursue

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Regards building a foundation...A foundation for what? What is the aim

The end well not end goal of course is immortality and to gain as much knowledge that I can obtain spiritual or physical.

1 hour ago, WitheringTree said:

The end well not end goal of course is immortality and to gain as much knowledge that I can obtain spiritual or physical.

Id lower your expectations.

Immortality doesn't work the way most people think it does...Unless you want to be a recluse and monastic, expect several trips around the wheel. Even being a total monastic, one should not expect such achievements in a lifetime.

So its not a case of a to b

As for knowledge, if gaining as much knowledge of the physical world as possible is part of your aims, then you may find that is in conflict with gaining spiritual insight

Why? We interpret the world through the sense faculties. These are the same sense faculties which impede our ability to contact anything less dense that the physical world.

Gaining spiritual insight is not so much learning, as it is unlearning and decluttering

I think you need to have a good, hard, long think about what you really want, because trying to pursue both will lead to one thing...stagnancy

Find your priority, and stick with it. That doesn't mean you cant learn things about the physical world. It just means it should not be as extreme as you mentioned.

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Gaining spiritual insight is not so much learning, as it is unlearning and decluttering

Is this what they refer to as going backwards to a baby? It's mentioned a lot in all of the books I read but not in much detail.

33 minutes ago, WitheringTree said:

Is this what they refer to as going backwards to a baby? It's mentioned a lot in all of the books I read but not in much detail.

No that's just accessing memories.

What i mean is that ability to understand and contact anything related to spirit is distorted via the sense faculties....hence to have any hope of even touching on it...one needs to detach...obsessively accumulating knowledge is a surefire way for this to not happen

The reason so many arts focus on energy work is that it is the junction point between form and formless

Most people are lost in energy work though, and don't understand that the energy serves a function related to spirituality.

• Wow 1

@WitheringTree have you contacted the guys running the course yet? They are really chill and happy to answer any questions you have. I haven’t enrolled in the course as I have too many other practices that take up my time as well as my job, but when I’m more free in the future I want to take part in it.

The best thing you can do is contact them and join their free 100 day meditation, they teach you a technique relevant to what they do, then after that if you are happy with it you will know better whether you want to enrol fully or not. It’s worth a try, if you don’t like it you can just stop doing it. Not much point listening to people who haven’t done it, better to experience it for yourself and make your own decision.

Edited by Pak_Satrio
Wrong info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WitheringTree said:

What do u mean by detach? As in from self, people, emotions, can u expand on this?

Can of worms open...but however...I digress. You need to detach from the sense faculties, detach from overthinking, detach from things you are clinging too..

Magic tricks, visualizations...etc etc etc. If it is contact with spirit you want...they are a  poor use of time and effort....Just adding more layers instead of stripping them away.

If its something else you want....go nuts

If you are familiar with the terminology "turning the light around" then you should understand you are trying to get awareness to actually turn around...If your awareness is jumping around doing all sorts of mental gymnastics...that wont happen

Here's the funny thing about spirituality...its not about all these super secret magic techniques...most of the hidden stuff is actually energy work because it can be really dangerous.  A lot of the "spiritual" methods are actually in the public domain funny enough. The "alchemical" stuff just need the energy to fuel it

So you want to start building foundation? Learn to sit still without moving.....start by aiming for 30 minutes and then 1 hour. Also, begin stretching...a lot.

That's it...nothing else required for the time being...no signing up, no teachers. Just make a habit of that. Sounds to good to be true? It isnt...you'd be surprised the amount of people who cannot even make a habit of these two things, but want enlightenment or siddhi

P.S Do not attempt energy work if things "aren't in order" Energy work adds fuel to the fire...If you are having a hard time...it is most likely to get harder

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/16/2022 at 12:45 PM, stirling said:

These things:

• One Powerful Exercise
  • Develop mental clarity

As someone who developed this course, I would say there are many ways to achieve what you want. Our method is one of the options you have. You can train alone, in a group, with a personal teacher, free or paid.

In my experience, training in a group provides more discipline and motivation and makes a student stick to the routine. Sure, there's plenty of information online, but trying to use it to your benefit is a whole other thing. Usually, when there's no teacher with a stick to hit you, a student loses passion over time.

Why did I put up this course? Because it worked for me (us) to acquire mental strength and to become aware of myself as a non-physical entity. A long time ago, when I was a student myself, I had the same issue when I knew a lot of information was out there, and I tried energy stuff on my own, but I only ended up hurting myself, which took a long time to recover.

As for the financial part of the equation, to each his own, it's best to be on a sound footing and not worry about material things if you're willing to spend a lot of time in cultivation.

7 hours ago, WitheringTree said:

Regarding pursuing immortality, it's never meant in the physical sense of it (although it would've been nice). Even great masters die.

• Like 4

On 9/16/2022 at 11:45 PM, WitheringTree said:

I would like to hear your opinions on weather paying for it is worth it and is it authentic 

They have some useful material posted in their library but:

- genuine masters very rarely admit their status and then only to their most senior disciples.  A classic response to a status question is: I am an initiate of a certain degree. 

- the "ethical" requirement for not re-teaching the material is questionable.  Usually the junior initiate is cultivating others in his/her community and deciding what and when to teach.   

So I have question marks about the ultimate motivation of the course

• Like 1