shidoin

John Changs 1st Westerner student

Searching hard enough for who TRUTH? David's Students? Are you a student of David's?

Many stories, the B.S. gets thicker by the day

1. David is no longer a student of sifu. He was kicked out because he was charging lots of money, for people to get treatment or just see sifu. There is no way sifu to help verdesi in his "chi cultivation". Verdesi also bought keris and resold it to his students for shitloads of money.This guy is so sought after money.

2. I'm a student of Kostas since 1992. I have never met here in Greece Sean. He claimed to have learned level 2a from Kostas. This is a LIE!!

Don't get fooled by these "immortals". They only talk, and charge. If you have a credit card, you are his

David has never sold keris and I'm not claiming to have learned level 2a from Kostas or Victor. Nor am I claiming to be level 2a.

:)

David has never sold keris and I'm not claiming to have learned level 2a from Kostas or Victor. Nor am I claiming to be level 2a.

:)

You did state you learned from Kostas

Victor Wooten is a grammy award winning musician. I was just with him in Portland this May. You can contact him through his website and he will confirm that he trained me and that I was in Athens. Again my training in Wenwukuan was nothing special, I was just a beginner and hardly a martial artist, but I was there.

Again, this is an old issue, all kinds of people coming out of the woodwork, but the truth remains for all to investigate and learn. The reason the Mo Pai closed is because of these very issues of posession. Very sad that.

You did state you learned from Kostas

I was just a student in his school briefly. Again, nothing special. It was Kostas who gave me permission to study and had the final say on my training. When I was in Athens I spent a week with Kostas' senior student Stimatus. I would call Kostas once in a while to ask questions and get corrections on the training and meet with Victor to train. After about a year, it was over and there was no more training available because of the Mo Pai closing. Rather unglamorous.

I can see why Chang closed his school. People really can't handle these things responsably it seems.

I have been shown the level 2 informally, but again, without the masters blessing, these things are dangerous and foolish to attempt.

Edward, I would also be curious to hear more of your story. As to whether I think these masters are authentic, well, I think you can guess my answer.

Edited by seandenty

That's cool about Victor Wooten. That guy is a godly bass player....being one myself (:lol: just a bass player) I definitely have heard him play :)

That's cool about Victor Wooten. That guy is a godly bass player....being one myself (:lol: just a bass player) I definitely have heard him play :)

Yeah Joeblast, Victor is Badass ! I play bass to :)

Victor is not just a genius bass player, he is a remarkable human being and has a huge heart. He runs a Bass nature camp for aspiring Bass players and just purchased over a hundered acres of land to create a retreat center for musicians. If you play Bass Victor is an awsome teacher and you should definitly check out his school.

That's awesome he does that! I've been playing 18 years...not that one can ever stop learning! I'll check into that, my son plays bass too :D

Victor is not just a genius bass player, he is a remarkable human being and has a huge heart. He runs a Bass nature camp for aspiring Bass players and just purchased over a hundered acres of land to create a retreat center for musicians. If you play Bass Victor is an awsome teacher and you should definitly check out his school.
Yea yea yadda yadda...but what level in MoPai is he? :D

And if he hasn't fused his Yin/Yang in his lower dantien yet, does that preclude him from possessing any abilities to show for it? Or would he simply have enhanced energy from packing Yang in his LTT?

Of course the point is irrelevant since David is level four now; as much as that will upset some people, I believe it's true...

These points are not irrelevant because it speaks of the integrity of a person. If all you said about David &Sifu Chang had been true, I would then believe all the other things you (David) say about Sifu Jiang/Sifu Wang/Lei Shan Dao lineages/David's accomplishments etc. Believe it or not, I have actually met David before and if he has indeed achieved Lv4, I'd be the first one here to congratulate him with all my heart.

Perhaps the main complaint from people who have associated themselves with the Mo Pai, such as yourself (although I would have trouble believing that you are even nominally associated with Mo Pai), is that I have used the 'Mo Pai' brand to advertise David.

Let's look at what is being said. David was a student of John Chang.... But when I see people attacking David and playing silly games, I feel obligated to set the record straight. If people are upset about that, that's their problem and it doesn't change the simple facts of the situation.

I am not attacking David but just to get the facts out. I haven't said much before but feel like I need to speak out now as the exaggeration is getting worse. You can say whatever you like about David and Sifu Jiang/ Sifu Wang as I have no way of checking. However, you should stop branding David as a Mopai student, past or present. If he never practiced Mopai qigong, then he was never a student...just because he met Sifu Chang does not automatically mean that he is a student.

good lord....lock this thread already. this is about the 52,937,390th circle we've gone in on this. :rolleyes:

That's awesome he does that! I've been playing 18 years...not that one can ever stop learning! I'll check into that, my son plays bass too :D

Cool, I never was very musical, but I admire people who have the talent.

LOL Joe just kick Sean off and there will be no more talk about dave!

:rolleyes: he didnt start this...and you nitpickers have kept it going to the point of just about everyone else's exhaustion.

Cool, I never was very musical, but I admire people who have the talent.

I've always loved music...my mom was in a top 40 band back when I was young, I always loved going to their practices...I had a nice sparkly orange/blue snare drum when I was like 5, 6...got an acoustic guitar a couple years after that :) if ya start young with something, it just gets ingrained in you!

Victor Wooten is one of the most amazing bass players alive.Victor Wooten Bass solo

bad. ass. thanks homes!!! I love how blazingly fast the thumb/hammer/pop sounds...I discovered that triplet when I was 18. that was a good piece, although I'm not well versed in jazz-ey language, but I'll play the shit out of ....like a d locrian or something :lol:

victor wooten the bass player?

Ok cool I know him. I have not seen him in years but he is close with friends of mine. I know he use dto do a lot of wing chun before.

Good to know he is doing Chi Kung.

good lord....lock this thread already. this is about the 52,937,390th circle we've gone in on this. :rolleyes:

It seems that the taobums are in a constant flux with new people coming in discussing things with new inspiration and frustration, while the old people drop out and discuss other things.

If it werent for people like Edward Richards, Dao Zhen, Lin and all those of their caliber I didnt mention, who suddenly steps in and gives something of great value, this would be a normal forum. But thanks to them it is not a normal forum, its a great one.

I dont think the topics on retension, David Shens prices and Kunlun debunking will ever stop being discussed. Even though its a long time since Ive seen a new Kunlun debunking thread. Or maby its just because I didnt read it...

true, but when it just devolves into a "tastes great!" "less filling!" argument with either side simply yammering back the same stuff over and over, it gets a little tiresome. only this thread doesnt have the chicks that a miller lite commercial would have :lol:

How much this thread was subconsciously inspired by the movie Forbidden Kingdom we'll never know. Still there can only be one tiger on a mountain.

How much this thread was subconsciously inspired by the movie Forbidden Kingdom we'll never know. Still there can only be one tiger on a mountain.

I just watched this movie yesterday. :D