Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

The Motrin Challenge

It just occured to me... know how taking asprin or motrin gives tobacco or alcohol, etc more of a kick? Why not try it with other stuff? If I can remember to do this tomorrow morning, I'll take some asprin before sungazing.

The blood thinning action may help circulate the energy through the entire body. May come in handy for practices that focus on the ends of the spine like sexual cultivation and sungazing to ensure that the joy juice gets centered and all that.

-Yoda

Just sungazed this morning after taking Motrin and didn't notice any additional benefit.

I do intend to get some willow bark and roll it into my American Spirit tobacco. They used to sell it that way... their Powow blend.

Death by asprin? While I'm extremely excited about dying--all the people I've known who have died say it's a blast-- I'll do my best to savor this life too and I won't overdo the asprin intake.

-Yoda

Yep. Many people dying cause of aspirin use every year and it is a widely available over-the-counter drug. Shitty society... trying to ban safe herbal supplements but... the problem is that it can set micro-laesions in your body...

better try to get some good enzyme supplements... Bodri is vowing for nattokinase... do not know how safe that one is though

just a thought

Harry

Just sungazed this morning after taking Motrin and didn't notice any additional benefit.

I do intend to get some willow bark and roll it into my American Spirit tobacco.  They used to sell it that way... their Powow blend.

Death by asprin?  While I'm extremely excited about dying--all the people I've known who have died say it's a blast-- I'll do my best to savor this life too and I won't overdo the asprin intake.

-Yoda

3805[/snapback]

ahhhhh, american spirit. i can smell it now. how i miss that here in china. you smoke the red or the yellow pouch? never cared for the pow wow blend except for pipe ceremonies. cant roll it with all those bearberry leaves bustin the paper.

a frienda mine sent me a pack of prerolled reds--the organic stuff. man did that have a kick. stretched it out over a coupla months.

Red? Yellow? Uh oh, I've been missing out! I can't find powwow anymore so I've just been smoking the Blue pouch. Should I get some reds? What's your address, btw... I'll hook you up.

-Yoda

I just googled american spirit and they do still sell the pow wow blend. I just haven't seen it around. Didn't find any yellow pouches, but the red is organically grown. Their mapquest showed a gas station down the road that sells it, so I'll look for pow wow there.

-Yoda

the internet'a a wonderful thing. the yellow pouch is all natural rolling tobacco. the red pouch is organic rolling tobacco. the blue pack are the prerolled regulars. a friend once describedthem as "like smoking a flower." two o those day and yer set. the red pack is prerolled organic. the other packs aren't up to snuff in my opinion. the no filters are so strong you can spend the day nursing one of um. i think they're in like a tan pack or something.

thanks for the offer, yoda man. i'll drop you a message. a yellow pouch or pack o blues would be fine.

Sorry but I'd just be remiss if I didn't urge both of you to stop smoking.

"Organic" means next to nothing in this context. Aside from being king of gross, it's a pernicious habit that -- on virtually every level -- is detrimental to your health and well being.

Not only will it shorten your life, it will make the life you have left less enjoyable, particularly in your later years.

I know, it's worth it because it gives you pleasure.

And you know, that's a crock.

OK, that's my public service anouncement. Sorry for the lecture.

One of the things I've been thinking about doing to cut back (and eventually stop) smoking cigarettes is to buy a hookah and just puff shisha every now and then. At least a little healthier being filtered through water and all ...

[edit] Oooh.... I think I'm gonna order this one next paycheck:

Pharoah (2 hose) "Genie" Hookah B)

I was a smoker for about 10 years. Started freshman year of high school and quit about 2 1/2 years ago.

For me, alot of it started with being surrounded by smokers at school and work but then got addicted myself. I was up to a pack a day at one point.

I think quitting cold turkey was one of the ebs things I could do for my life but would never turn into one of those ex smokers that tells people how bad smoking is for them.

I presume unless you have some sort of mental handicap or are unaible to read you know it's not exactly good for you B)

That said, ken Cohen makes the distinction in Honoring The Medicine, his book on Native Indian healing, that there is a big difference between smoking a cigarette and smoking the traditional Indian way. One is an addiction the other is a kind of prayer offering you only do on special occasions.

if your interested there is alot in that book on the sacred aspect of Tobacco.

cam

Sign in to follow this