Learner

Qigong for Big Heart

Hi, Since few years , I have become very petty. I am also going through a lot of stress, fear and anxiety due to family troubles. I wasn't always like this. I used to think big, about doing bigger things. Now it is like I have closed my heart. I have become petty, worrying about petty matters and stuff. Is there a qigong which instills this big heart energy in us. So we can embrace ourselves, and the challenges of this world.

Qigong/meditations systems specifically for the heart are very interesting to discus. I'm curious to know if people here have had interesting experiences with that.

However, I doubt it would give you much benefit to practice these in your current situation. Your anxiety might not go away from practicing this and might even become worse.

Qigong and practice are nice but if you don't fix your daily life problems, practice, whatever benefit it may give you, will be nullified when you go back to your everyday problems. You cannot run away from these.

So fixing everyday problems is also an important part of the path! Sometimes, hard decisions have to be made ...

Do you already have a regular practice going on?

Edited by mcoolio
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mcoolio said:

Qigong/meditations systems specifically for the heart are very interesting to discus. I'm curious to know if people here have had interesting experiences with that.

However, I doubt it would give you much benefit to practice these in your current situation. Your anxiety might not go away from practicing this and might even become worse.

Qigong and practice are nice but if you don't fix your daily life problems, practice, whatever benefit it may give you, will be nullified when you go back to your everyday problems. You cannot run away from these.

So fixing everyday problems is also an important part of the path! Sometimes, hard decisions have to be made ...

Do you already have a regular practice going on?

I am currently doing Sheng Zhen Qigong by Master Li junfeng. Sometimes I feel the effects, sometimes nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Learner said:

Sometimes I feel the effects, sometimes nothing.

Same thing for me. Some days I feel amazing during and after my practice, some days I already know before my practice that it's going to be worthless. I would say it's normal, and can probably take quite some years to stabilize. I just keep practicing everyday :) .

On the other hand, if you're not sure if the training system you are following is the best for you, I guess you can always try something else. If you decide to try out some system, I guess it's important to stick with it for some time. But after that, if you still have doubts, probably better to move on.

When you find some system and/or teacher that pleases you of course you need to commit to it for a longer period. Only then does your practice really start! No more doubting. No more yesterday it feel good why today feel bad? Simply the practice. Everyday. And if you reach this point, you will see that it possible that your practice has a positive effect on your daily life. Because every day you return to this practice. You had an argument with some family member or a hard day at work, but you know when you return home you will do your practice and it's all okay. It takes a while to reach this point and requires confidence in the system you are practicing.

All decent all around qigong systems develop the qi and this will have an overall positive effect on the system. So probably not necessary to do some qigong specific for heart or specific for whatever(certainly not in the beginning). Any decent system will do. There are a few recommendations on the forums :)

Edited by mcoolio

There's a style of meditation called Metta.  Loving kindness heart meditation.  Where you feel love and spread it out.  You can find many guided meditations on the internet, particularly Youtube.  Not that it has to be a guided meditation. 

Ajahn Brahms has some deep writings on the subject https://mettarefuge.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/ajahn-brahmavamso-teaches-loving-kindness/ and a couple of audios and youtubes.  Here's a link to a guided one  https://bswa.org/teaching/guided-metta-meditation-by-ajahn-brahm-2/

It's worth reading his essays on it. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Learner said:

I am currently doing Sheng Zhen Qigong by Master Li junfeng. Sometimes I feel the effects, sometimes nothing.

Many years ago I was lucky enough to take a few weekend workshops with Master LI.  I heartily recommend the experience if you ever have the opportunity. His movement and spirit is pretty amazing.

"Enjoy the movement, enjoy your life."

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2