Sign in to follow this  
Cultivation1

Help with reversing effects of visualization

Hi everyone, 

I would like to know how to reverse the effects of this visualization I did. I did this visuazliation where I would visualize chi entering my head on inhales. Now chi enters my head on inhales automatically. It's pretty uncomfortable, My eyes have started to get strained I think because of it because they have light red lines now. How would I reverse the effects of this visualizaiton so that when I breathe chi doesn't enter my head, and I breathe normally ? It also gives me headaches, I'm 24 if that matters.
Thank you.

• Like 1

Steps to follow:

1. Asian squat (daily)

2. Stop doing any visualisations

3. Take it easy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cultivation1 said:

Hi everyone, 

I would like to know how to reverse the effects of this visualization I did. I did this visuazliation where I would visualize chi entering my head on inhales. Now chi enters my head on inhales automatically. It's pretty uncomfortable, My eyes have started to get strained I think because of it because they have light red lines now.  

first of all you need to understand that your visualization is not the cause but a consequence. The cause is your innate energetic structure which makes you prone to fantasizing about galactic beings, neigong, orbits, qi emission, visualisations, parasite and other new-age delusions like that. These are all delusions which exist only in your head as clots and congestions of energy causing all the ill effects AND more fantasies in a vicious circle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zou_huo_ru_mo

The only way to cure this is fasting and long walks keeping attention on your feet but primarily -  getting rid of the delusions.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

first of all you need to understand that your visualization is not the cause but a consequence. The cause is your innate energetic structure which makes you prone to fantasizing about galactic beings, neigong, orbits, qi emission, visualisations, parasite and other new-age delusions like that. These are all delusions which exist only in your head as clots and congestions of energy causing all the ill effects AND more fantasies in a vicious circle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zou_huo_ru_mo

The only way to cure this is fasting and long walks keeping attention on your feet but primarily -  getting rid of the delusions.

I’ll try what you recommended I’m 24, have been doing meditation/qigong for two years and this started  3-4 months ago. I’m curious why would fasting cure this ?

Edited by Cultivation1

Practice breathing meditation "anapanasati style" while focusing on the point between the nose and the lips. You can visualize that point, but don't move/spin/vibrate anything: just keep the attention there.

Moustache meditation.

That should relieve the pressure in the eyes.

Edited by Cheshire Cat

On 7/25/2022 at 11:17 AM, Cultivation1 said:

I would visualize chi entering my head on inhales. Now chi enters my head on inhales automatically

So you have trained your body to do something.   Perhaps you should train it to do the opposite.  

The problem may be that the Chi is not quite what you think.   As you may know, all energy is naturally intelligent and typically driven by a higher intelligence with its own agenda.

I have known several martial arts practitioners to have significant problems with energy entering the head.  The issue seems to me to be that Chi is a subset within the cosmic out-breath and in-breath, that was primary in a most ancient era but is no longer central to the intent of the solar system.  Management of Chi is now part of the systemic "subconscious". 

Human consciousness is better directed to the current systemic learning/intent.

The concept of pralaya is relevant as is tzimtzum (minus the religious context)

Edited by Lairg

22 hours ago, Cultivation1 said:

I’m curious why would fasting cure this ?

your head is clogged. food clogs your belly.  if you relieve one clogging it will help with the other.

12 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

focusing on the point between the nose and the lips.

three-stooges.gif

On 7/26/2022 at 1:03 AM, Lairg said:

So you have trained your body to do something.   Perhaps you should train it to do the opposite.  

The problem may be that the Chi is not quite what you think.   As you may know, all energy is naturally intelligent and typically driven by a higher intelligence with its own agenda.

I have known several martial arts practitioners to have significant problems with energy entering the head.  The issue seems to me to be that Chi is a subset within the cosmic out-breath and in-breath, that was primary in a most ancient era but is no longer central to the intent of the solar system.  Management of Chi is now part of the systemic "subconscious". 

Human consciousness is better directed to the current systemic learning/intent.

The concept of pralaya is relevant as is tzimtzum (minus the religious context)

Hi,

If I visualized chi coming into my head with every inhale, how would you suggest training my body to the opposite ? 

The problem is that chi carries intent or agenda from the entity within which the practice exists

The entity within whose aura/lightbody most martial arts practice is done, is from a previous solar system and carries the spiritual learnings of that era - when our god was a god of intelligence and energy

In this solar system  that god has become a god of love.  Thus for most Earth humans it is important that their spiritual practices support the primary learning agenda in this solar system - right relationship.  Right relationship is not about force.

The core practice for humans in this era is drawing Divine Light from our god of love.  It is vertical stream with parallel sides that enters the top of the head, generating consciousness in the brain - with its main anchor in the heart. 

My limited observation is that proud/committed martial arts practitioners find it very difficult to heart-anchor the Light of our god of love.  

Each chooses their own future.

Severe autism cases do not get a consciousness anchor in the brain because the brain is unsuited.  There are other circumstances that reduce the sensitivity of the brain to spiritual flows.  I have often observed such including in some martial arts types.

In the next solar system, our god will become a god of intent/will.   The human race will need to be very coherent and integrated to cope with that pressure - hence the current urge to develop right relationship with all intelligences.

Edited by Lairg

On 7/24/2022 at 9:17 PM, Cultivation1 said:

Hi everyone, 

I would like to know how to reverse the effects of this visualization I did. I did this visuazliation where I would visualize chi entering my head on inhales. Now chi enters my head on inhales automatically. It's pretty uncomfortable, My eyes have started to get strained I think because of it because they have light red lines now. How would I reverse the effects of this visualizaiton so that when I breathe chi doesn't enter my head, and I breathe normally ? It also gives me headaches, I'm 24 if that matters.
Thank you.

Was this exercise given to you by your teacher? What were you trying to accomplish?

Order of practice always matters. If your channels are not trained, working with chi on one part of the body can do great harm. You may have put a permanent strain on your muscles that will be hard to get rid of. Visualizing reverse action may do very little help, I wouldn't put my hopes on it. Follow Gerard's advice, and check back in a few months.

On 9/29/2022 at 7:48 AM, Aeordimm said:

Was this exercise given to you by your teacher? What were you trying to accomplish?

Order of practice always matters. If your channels are not trained, working with chi on one part of the body can do great harm. You may have put a permanent strain on your muscles that will be hard to get rid of. Visualizing reverse action may do very little help, I wouldn't put my hopes on it. Follow Gerard's advice, and check back in a few months.

I don’t have a teacher I was just meditating everyday for 15 minutes with celibacy. Who is Gerard?

• Haha 1

Practicing without a teacher always leads to one or another issue. You have no idea what you are doing and why, no path forward, no progression, no siddhi, and it will probably take as much time if not more to undo what you have done to yourself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neirong said:

Practicing without a teacher always leads to one or another issue.

i am curious. i understand you are a teacher. if a student under your teaching develops "one or another issue" how much cash  compensation will you pay to the said student?

36 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

i am curious. i understand you are a teacher. if a student under your teaching develops "one or another issue" how much cash  compensation will you pay to the said student?

No cash can compensate for internal damage, mental deviation, or being stuck in cultivation for a lifetime.

Similarly, no cash can be equalized to a genuine siddhi, third eye opening, awakening, or enlightenment.

How much would you pay for immortality? Being able to preserve self and continue path through the cycle of rebirth?

With an experienced Master, you learn how to become strong, so you can solve your issues and not be a fragile glass cannon, who breaks under pressure, and relies on external help. Who is clueless about the path and does random practices from internet forums or random books.

People often come to us with "one or another issue" even before they start training. Mundane life in samsara is a breeding ground for issues.

Proper training can correct many of those problems and internal issues on the way, which is priceless and cannot be evaluated in paper value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neirong said:

No cash

then you admit that having a teacher is not a guarantee from having issues. 

4 hours ago, Neirong said:

Practicing without a teacher always leads to one or another issue

Meaning that both having a teacher and not having one is the same as far as the issues are concerned. Hence teachers only pretend to add value but actually they do not right? 

Hey dont blame me, i am just asking innocent questions here.

2 hours ago, Neirong said:

Proper training can correct many of those problems and internal issues on the way, which is priceless and cannot be evaluated in paper value.

It cannot? Then how come you charge paper value? It is based on some kind of evaluation right?

15 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

Meaning that both having a teacher and not having one is the same as far as the issues are concerned. Hence teachers only pretend to add value but actually they do not right? 

Hey dont blame me, i am just asking innocent questions here.

Asking questions is the right thing to do, having a critical thinking ability also should be encouraged.

So why even go to school? Or university? Why learn maths and physics from Teachers? Why train martial arts or sports with professional coaches? You see no value in it, so why humanity has been doing this "nonsensical pretense" for generations?

Clearly you are smarter than everyone else ever living on this planet and can cheat your way through any art or field of knowledge without a Teacher.

It's for me however when I go train martial arts I take a service of experienced MMA fighter, and pay 250-300$ per month just for few training sessions. Because I value my time and I want optimal results from training.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

I don’t think that’s a fair assessment :) 

A teacher who is genuine (and has achieved the things that they teach) will be able to clearly distinguish the causation chains that lead you to positive growth as well as the causation chains that lead you to creating issues.

It’s like a boxing teacher who sees their student telegraphing their punches… from the student’s perspective their form is generating the maximum punching power possible… but from the much more experienced teacher’s perspective, they know that power doesn’t matter when the act of generating it opens you up for a counter. Knowing this causation chain they can adjust the student’s form accordingly.

I know we see things differently, @Taoist Texts - but I don’t believe scripture is an adequate teacher. Not even close. It’s a one sided relationship.

That’s of course my personal perspective - and I’d be happy to be proven wrong :) 

But regarding teachers - there’s a caveat.

A major one.

A bad teacher is even worse than no teacher - when it’s to do with spiritual growth. 

A teacher with just a bit of knowledge and a lot of hubris can (often unknowingly) cause serious issues (to the student as well as themselves) that take lifetimes to overcome.

The stakes aren’t the same as causing your student to lose a round of boxing…

I’m always shocked and surprised how readily people become ‘spiritual teachers’. I don’t think people quite get the level of responsibility required to be a spiritual teacher. 

The vast majority I’ve met have never even accessed Spirit once - let alone cultivated it to any degree. Yet by moving goal posts and getting some reading and theory in their heads they delude themselves into a teacher role.

A genuine teacher is open about their name, their own teacher’s names and their specific level of attainment. They’re clear about what they’ve been allowed to teach (and what they haven’t).

In genuine spiritual lineages (at least Daoist… but I’ve heard it’s also the case in some others) a teacher will demonstrate their level of attainment… usually in such a way that leaves no room for doubt.

And as a student, you’ll normally need to demonstrate your level of commitment as well as whatever prerequisites the teacher deems appropriate. You have to earn your opportunity to be assessed as a potential student. No one is going to demonstrate anything just coz you ask… or you wave a handful of cash about.

I don’t think this discussion was really about money… but it’s something that comes up often.

If you’re not able to compensate the teacher in a way that’s of value to them (sometimes money, sometimes with labour or many other ways) - then you’re a parasite.

Don’t be a parasite :) 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, freeform said:

I don’t think that’s a fair assessment :) 

mine was not an assessment. mine was logic. you know, 'a cause-effect' critical thinking

A teacher who is genuine (and has achieved the things that they teach) will be able to clearly distinguish the causation chains that lead you to positive growth as well as the causation chains that lead you to creating issues.

If i develop issues while fully complying with the teacher's guidance it is not i who created issues. It is he who created my issues right? (logic here)

I know we see things differently, @Taoist Texts - but I don’t believe

and i wish you all the success and happiness friend. its just i dont do beliefs. i am a logic dude

I don’t think this discussion was really about money…

of course it is. The money that is taken under the false guarantee of safeguarding from issues.

If you’re not able to compensate the teacher in a way that’s of value to them (sometimes money, sometimes with labour or many other ways) - then you’re a parasite.

Don’t be a parasite

this one does not make sense at all.  If the teacher teaches me without getting any compensation from me then it is his decision. How does that make me a parasite? Why would he teach a parasite? If he does not consider me a parasite how reasonable it is for any third party to judge me a parasite? Any hang ups maybe on their part? (you know, logic)

Edited by Taoist Texts

34 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

mine was not an assessment. mine was logic. you know, 'a cause-effect' critical thinking

Logic is useful. But just coz it's logical doesn't mean it's wise.

Many of the world's big atrocities were the most 'logical' decision possible by the perpetrators.

There is 'conditions' in between cause and effect... :)

If i develop issues while fully complying with the teacher's guidance it is not i who created issues. It is he who created my issues right? (logic here)

Wrong.

It's not possible to 'fully comply with a teacher's guidance'.

For a start, all communication is faulty to some degree. The student will undoubtedly misunderstand at least some of the guidance from their teacher. And the teacher will undoubtedly miss some feedback from their student.

However communication between two living beings is still far more effective than between a human being and a text :) 

That's the power of a two way relationship.

I've met people damaged by teachers... I've met people damaged by self-directed practice...

I've also met people with attainment - and they have exclusively been ones that have been guided by teachers.

I've never met anyone with genuine attainment who have come from self-directed practice. 

That's of course just my limited experience. (though over the last few decades that experience has grown to be significant).

The money that is taken under the false guarantee of safeguarding from issues.

I've never seen a genuine teacher make any such a guarantee.

If the teacher teaches me without getting any compensation from me then it is his decision. How does that make me a parasite? Why would he teach a parasite? If he does not consider me a parasite how reasonable it is for any third party to judge me a parasite?

Pretty big logical leap for a strict logician as you my friend!

If an attained teacher doesn't consider you a parasite then you're not a parasite. 

(an unattained teacher may well unknowingly engage in a parasitic relationship as a result of some internal karmic melodrama though)

A parasite is one that expects to be taught without providing value of some sort. There are many entitled people who expect this. To be fair, they don't tend to get far with a genuine teacher... (and often develop a knee-jerk dislike for teachers.)

Value doesn't need to be monetary... sometimes the value you provide is your level of engagement and dedication to the practice. (Often this is far more 'expensive' than monetary value.) The value for the teacher is that their precious art is kept alive through their student.

• Like 5

I don’t know how my headaches got like this, all of did was meditate daily for 15 minutes a day for two years. I didn’t do anything advanced. 🥲

On 8/15/2022 at 6:45 PM, Cultivation1 said:

Hi,

If I visualized chi coming into my head with every inhale, how would you suggest training my body to the opposite ? 

What goes up must come down. The chi orbit moves up the back over the head and down the front of the body generally speaking. The descending channel is just as important as rising energy up the spine.

Yin and yang complete each other otherwise energy stagnates. Thinking and controlling stagnates energy. The mission is to follow chi and raise awareness. inhale is rising chi, exhale is sinking chi. make the breath and flow smooth. A single thought can alter the breath give your mind a rest, follow, observe.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen

On 25.7.2022 at 3:17 AM, Cultivation1 said:

Hi everyone, 

Thank you.

How are things going with this issue? Has it been sorted out?

Sign in to follow this