Trunk

Leo Lok: Video Presentations of Historical Texts

I met Leo Lok through the online community more than 20 years ago.  He was aware of TheDaoBums, but was pursuing various serious professional-level studies in the area of Chinese Medicine - and primarily related in that community and in service to his patients.  I find Leo to be remarkably humble and kind, as well as very serious scholar and medical professional.  I offer his video presentations of historical texts to TheDaoBums community on his behalf.

- Trunk

Leo Lok (M.Ac.O.M), a native speaker of Chinese languages, is one of the rare clinician-scholars in the world who excels in researching and translating ancient Chinese medical literature into the English language. For the past seven years, as an avid contributor of the 6180-member-group: Scholars of Chinese Medicine on Facebook, Leo has helped research and answered more than two thousand questions on the historical development, interpretations and translations of Chinese medical topics for colleagues worldwide. His track record all these years has been well preserved in Scholars of Chinese Medicine for the world to benefit from. Anyone who is interested in following his digital footprints on these various topics is welcome to join the group.

First is the Qi Emission Therapy class:

This is a 23-minute, 8-part video course on Qi Emission Therapy, also called External qigong or Medical qigong or Wàiqì Liáofǎ 外气疗法 in modern Chinese.

If you’re ever curious about how qigong therapy was delivered in the last 1400 years in premodern China, you will love this class.

This class presents the historical textual accounts of five daoist healers and their Qi Emission Therapy stories between the 11th and the 18th century. They treated children, adults, ordinary people and royalty. The illnesses they helped healed include cataracts, lower limb disability, tuberculosis and terminal illnesses.

And finally, for the prerequisites and technical training of ‘Qi Emission Therapy’, we examine protocols from two qi cultivation manuals from the Tang dynasty (7th - 9th century).

I will read to you many of these passages aloud in Mandarin Chinese followed by their English translations for the first time in history.

Please join me to find out more! I’d love to have you in my class!

https://vooma.thinkific.com/courses/qi-emission?ref=b202a2

$9.99

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Trunk said:

for the prerequisites and technical training of ‘Qi Emission Therapy’, we examine protocols from two qi cultivation manuals 

erm, Qi Emission=qi cultivation? Why these manuals are called "qi cultivation manuals " and not "qi emission manuals "? So first we cultivate qi then we throw it out? Makes sense.