daojones

Advice for magic/talisman for bad timing

I'm going through a process that has been extremely long and excruciatingly painful on all levels of my being, and hoping there is some uhhh magic solution to try that someone more knowledgable in this area would know.

A key component of it is timing and making the wrong choice that then sets of a long sequence of events that somehow manage to get intertwined even if the original issue was unrelated.

Now in this choice making errors, there's really nothing to go off of. It's just a by chance best estimate as to what could be the best option at the point in time, which inevitably turns out to create lots of other problems that I could no way have anticipated, thought of, or even known about.

Another aspect of these thematic tribulations is that I'm kept in stasis waiting for things to happen. I get stuck in places where I can't make decisions because I have to wait so long for the next thing to happen, which when it does happen always draws out the process in some totally unexpected and extreme way. This has been going on for years, and its not like I haven't been making amazing efforts. It seems no matter what I do, the same underlying patterns continue to occur.

Last year I bought a jupiter astrological talisman, as I thought the problem was perhaps just bad luck. There's certainly been only bad luck. However, the bad luck is the kind that keeps things going enough so I'm not totally destroyed, although now its basically at the crossroads where there are simply no options at my disposal except for starting every endeavour and facet of my life from scratch. So I thought perhaps the problem I'm dealing with is bad timing, some astrological fate of mine I think. 

If timing worked out better then things wouldnt be in these prolonged states, I would have more info at my disposal to make actual informed decisions, and so on. There's overall just been so much subtle stuff going on to throw things into chaos that its clear this is some spiritual/magic/astrological/other worldly problem. I have massively failed to fix it despite astounding efforts.

Was wondering if anybody had ideas here on how to deal with this? If the issue is timing, is there any magic or talisman or something that will help me get better timing of events? 

The concept of luck assumes that the universe has random events, but as you have discovered your life has patterns

Some people are accident-prone through trauma in the relevant chakras.  The trauma prevents smooth actions - physically, emotionally, mentally, etc... -  depending on which chakra is traumatised

There is also group trauma and group karma - in this case surrounding you.  Karmic energy is like electricity.  It follows lines of least resistance.  So the trick is not to be a line of least resistance.

So radiate light from your heart, love yourself and build right relationships with all you meet, including humans

• Like 1

I disagree on luck. Could be a perception on patterns. Having luck is being fortunate that the non-random patterns have graced you in a beneficial way.

In my case its become clear that I'm a sacrifice, magnet, or channel for collective level stuff from my family and beyond. Not really sure how to get around that as it infests my personal level problems so it makes it unavoidable that I have to solve both.

I would suggest practising 'shielding' techniques , especially if you are involved in anything like 'energetic / magical ' work .  Actually, that should be a prerequisite  or first step in any such work , rather than a talisman - especially a store bought one . 

Regarding timing, again, instead of relying on a talisman  have you checked THE timing of certain actions, impulsions, situations ? By that I mean , in an astrological sense ?  Such timings can be checked beforehand to see if they match with  any actions about to be taken  .   Plus your own transits .   This can be worked out by looking at 'return' cycles  and similar .

7 hours ago, daojones said:

Having luck is being fortunate that the non-random patterns have graced you in a beneficial way.

I knew a fellow running an esoteric bookshop.  

One day he asked about a spirit that had appeared in his meditation.  So I had a look and said:  that is a spirit used in medieval times to find buried treasure.

He replied that all his life he had won lotteries and raffles.

I don't bother with lotteries as I do not have such a familiar spirit, and in any case I do not want to win undeserved money.  The planet will just pull it back: easy come, easy go

@Nungali I'm not involved in any such work.

I've realized this kind of thing has just been happening my whole life, but has really crystallized over the last number of years and in the last year taken to extremes that cannot be ignored.

I dont know much about astrology. Any recommendations on how to learn/where to go to for decision making advice regarding timing?

11 hours ago, Lairg said:

I knew a fellow running an esoteric bookshop.  

One day he asked about a spirit that had appeared in his meditation.  So I had a look and said:  that is a spirit used in medieval times to find buried treasure.

He replied that all his life he had won lotteries and raffles.

I don't bother with lotteries as I do not have such a familiar spirit, and in any case I do not want to win undeserved money.  The planet will just pull it back: easy come, easy go

Can you tell me the name of this spirit?

When I look at the spirit now I get a structured impulse that might well be a naming, but on what level and for what purpose.  I detect no human-like syllables.  

I tried again and received that same structured impulse.

As I have indicated, if you possess things/wealth/power you do not deserve, the planet constantly works to take them off you so as to restore balance.

Better to have less and a more peaceful life.  Who needs the karma and stress?

9 hours ago, daojones said:

@Nungali I'm not involved in any such work.

I've realized this kind of thing has just been happening my whole life, but has really crystallized over the last number of years and in the last year taken to extremes that cannot be ignored.

I dont know much about astrology. Any recommendations on how to learn/where to go to for decision making advice regarding timing?

According to your birth chart , certain configurations (aspects) can create 'tendencies'  that may effect you your whole life . Knowing the nature of these is the first step to managing them .  I recommend  a trusted known person  for an astrologer .... or plunge into the field yourself .

There are sites with a chart generator you can drive by entering your detail , the results will also tabulate aspects . 

It IS a bit of a study program ... but as they say 'physician, heal thyself '  and as the arch over the door to 'the mysteries' says 'Man, know thyself.'  I find such  things as 'psychological astrology' a very valuable tool for managing one's  tendencies and  'recurrent themes ' .

You could try starting here .

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/aspects-in-astrology

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

@Nungali have had a couple of natal astrological readings, but I didnt learn anything about myself that I didnt already know through all my extensive spiritual work that didnt involve astrology. 

I was told I have a very difficult chart. It doesnt really seem like anything I do helps all that much, its just a very very slow march of minimal progress.

What would be useful perhaps is somebody who could help me make decisions based on whatever the current configurations are that are involved in my current decision and how my decision could change or what it could change in my future. 

I find astrological study daunting, and I'm no slouch to esoteric study. There's just so much who knows what out there, and seems like a guessing game with all the different schools etc...Yes general themes can be extracted but getting specifics accurately is obviously the holy grail that seems to be non-existent.

2 hours ago, daojones said:

What would be useful perhaps is somebody who could help me make decisions based on whatever the current configurations are that are involved in my current decision and how my decision could change or what it could change in my future. 

How are you getting on with loving yourself and building right relationships?

4 hours ago, daojones said:

@Nungali have had a couple of natal astrological readings, but I didnt learn anything about myself that I didnt already know through all my extensive spiritual work that didnt involve astrology. 

I was told I have a very difficult chart. It doesnt really seem like anything I do helps all that much, its just a very very slow march of minimal progress.

I find astrological study daunting, and I'm no slouch to esoteric study. There's just so much who knows what out there, and seems like a guessing game with all the different schools etc...Yes general themes can be extracted but getting specifics accurately is obviously the holy grail that seems to be non-existent.

if you didnt learn anything about yourself that you didnt already know ... I'd say it was a shallow reading .  Specifics are from natal aspects X current transits  ... but I wont go further as I see that  you feel  astrology probably would not  help you .

Edited by Nungali

@NungaliI actually am super interested in the astrological component. My spiritual visions led me to the realization of Saturn for me, and how much my life is just straight up under control from the planets.

I dont know if its that I went to lame astrologers or if I'm just so attuned to my spiritual path that I didnt learn anything. Generally, I tend not to learn much from people unless theyre the best of the best of the best. Not a brag, and it applies to regular non-spiritual stuff as well. Just the conclusion after many years of being a seeker and problem solver. 

I'm familiar with liz green's psychological astrology if that's what you are referring to. She wrote a couple of absolutely amazing and academically phenomenal books on Jung that I recommend (but are expensive and worth every penny). 

Edited by daojones

I posted here above, but then removed it completely because it was assuming lot's of stuff and we don't know much details of your situation of course. Why not share a little bit more? Perhaps then people here can offer better suggestions for the right tools to help you?

I'm a noobie practitioner with my own problems so my advice is probably not the best there is. Anyways ..

Have you tried other astrology type such as bazi to find explanation for your problems.

Or perhaps YiJing can provide guidance.

You seem to be certain that it is all due to bad luck. Is perhaps possible of course, but is there any aspect of yourself that you can change such that you can pull yourself up out of your situation?

Best of luck.

Edited by mcoolio

@mcoolio I appreciate the humility in deleting your post.

No idea what bazi is. Assuming YiJing is another user?

I'm at this point where I've done everything I can. I'm not a noob in that sense and I've been at this for many many years. That's why the only thing left I can think of is astrology, which I learned aligns with my path. 

I guess people have different underlying concept of what luck means, which is fair. For me luck is the manifestation of astrological probabilities and fate. 

Yea, sorry bout that :)

Bazi is a form of chinese astrology, also called four pillars of destiny. I would say it's a little bit simpler than most forms of astrology. Doesn't explain everything, but can still give you a good idea of yourself, your problems, your strengths. Year cycles and 10 year cycles indicate how your 'luck' can change.

With Yi Jing I mean I Ching divination tool. Good chance you already know it, and perhaps have even tried it.

Since you talk about making wrong decisions and timing problems. Both are in my opinion good tools that can give you guidance in making right decisions. You have to develop a relationship with these tools of course (especially the I Ching), but they are simple enough that you can almost immediately start playing with them.

I still consider myself a beginner in both of these but they have definitely been of use for me.

No worries.

Despite getting good recommendations, I've failed to find people to offer much help.

The best I got, which was true, was that I'm basically just going to suffer for a particularly long period of time, which may come to end of that process in the next 6 - 24 months. That predication was made about 2 years ago, and I've already been well into the pit of shit.

That guy was otherwise wrong about everything else he said, so not sure what to believe. 

I've gotten a lot of fake outs. Like things look like theyre about to change and then it just all shits the bed. Its comedic b/c the exact same events transpire each time, and fail differently each time. Like it looks like im about to heal my illnesses or im on a path to do so, i meet a girl and then it all falls apart within some short time period.

16 minutes ago, mcoolio said:

Yea, sorry bout that :)

Bazi is a form of chinese astrology, also called four pillars of destiny. I would say it's a little bit simpler than most forms of astrology. Doesn't explain everything, but can still give you a good idea of yourself, your problems, your strengths. Year cycles and 10 year cycles indicate how your 'luck' can change.

With Yi Jing I mean I Ching divination tool. Good chance you already know it, and perhaps have even tried it.

Since you talk about making wrong decisions and timing problems. Both are in my opinion good tools that can give you guidance in making right decisions. You have to develop a relationship with these tools of course (especially the I Ching), but they are simple enough that you can almost immediately start playing with them.

I still consider myself a beginner in both of these but they have definitely been of use for me.

When you say bazi, are you referring to the tung shing almanac?  

4 minutes ago, C T said:

When you say bazi, are you referring to the tung shing almanac?  

They are closely related, share the same chinese metaphysics concepts as a base, and same calendar also. Tung shing or often written tong shu is date selection system to specifically find good and bad dates for stuff like wedding, ...

Bazi is the astrology component. https://bazi-calculator.com/ is probably the most popular online calculator for it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, daojones said:

No worries.

Despite getting good recommendations, I've failed to find people to offer much help.

The best I got, which was true, was that I'm basically just going to suffer for a particularly long period of time, which may come to end of that process in the next 6 - 24 months. That predication was made about 2 years ago, and I've already been well into the pit of shit.

That guy was otherwise wrong about everything else he said, so not sure what to believe. 

I've gotten a lot of fake outs. Like things look like theyre about to change and then it just all shits the bed. Its comedic b/c the exact same events transpire each time, and fail differently each time. Like it looks like im about to heal my illnesses or im on a path to do so, i meet a girl and then it all falls apart within some short time period.

Perhaps you're that kind of person that has to do/study it all by themselves. (can also sometimes see this from your bazi chart) For both systems there is a good amount of information available on the internet/books and there are somewhat active communities that can aid in the learning process and make it more fun.

Anyways western astrology and divination systems offer more or less the same. Gotta find what suits you off course.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daojones said:

No worries.

Your healing from an illness  all falls apart .... from 'meeting a girl'  ?    :unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Your healing from an illness  all falls apart .... from 'meeting a girl'  ?    :unsure:

And you find that unusual?

6 hours ago, natural said:

And you find that unusual?

Yep .  

Ohhhhh ......    'meeting'  ?  Ohhhhh .....  'girl'  ?

I thought 'introduction' was meant,   not a .......   meeting of ......  ' parts '  with a woman  .  A ....... one might say .... '   conjoining of yin and yang '  ....  or 'yon and wang '   .   

If that is what is meant ?