Dear Dao Bums,

I have searched and read all of the stories about Master Yuanming Zhang on this forum.

I read some stories/reports/controversies, which stated that he was actually one of the teachers of both Master Zhongxian Wu (Master Wu) and Spring Forest Qigong founder Master Chunyi Lin. Supposedly, they then took some of his teachings, went to the west and became big stars using his teachings.

I personally know nothing about this, but it's a pretty juicy story.

I hope to engage with you on the following three points (regarding Master Yuanming Zhang):

1) can you either prove or disprove the idea that both Master Wu and Chunyi Lin copied Yuanming Zhang? Or share some stories related to these reports.

2) do you have any personal experiences or stories about Yuanming Zhang ?

3) if any of you are interested in his teachings, he hosts a 2 hour zoom meeting this Sunday (17th of July 2022) on meditation.

I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say :D

Be blessed!

• Like 1

I've purchased a few of his qigong DVD's. Hard to learn from a DVD in my opinion which is a shame because I've enjoyed this master's youtube videos and believe him to have a very strong and unique energy field.

I didn't see any updates in the events section of his website. I would be very interested in attending the zoom meeting. Mind sharing the details?

Edited by Rakiel
grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuralshamal said:

I read some stories/reports/controversies, which stated that he was actually one of the teachers of both Master Zhongxian Wu

From what I can gather, he and Wu Zhongxian teach the same shamanic tiger form, although I have no idea who taught who.

I remember reading that Yuanming Zhang teaches fire dragon qigong too, although his is apparently from Lu Zijian

https://www.qigongmaster.com/articles/fire-dragon-qigong

(This is a pretty kick ass form)

I asked Master Wu if his fire dragon meridian qigong was from the same source and he said it wasn't from the same lineage. (I didn't ask him about the shamanic tiger)

Edited by Vajra Fist

1 hour ago, Rakiel said:

I've purchased a few of his qigong DVD's. Hard to learn from a DVD in my opinion which is a shame because I've enjoyed this master's youtube videos and believe him to have a very strong and unique energy field.

I didn't see any updates in the events section of his website. I would be very interested in attending the zoom meeting. Mind sharing the details?

Thanks for sharing your experiences :D

Here's the info (it's all in New York time):
20220712_141917.thumb.jpg.0dac983b5e22c4bad146f9ce0eea6294.jpg

1 hour ago, Vajra Fist said:

From what I can gather, he taught some stuff to Wu Zhongxian, for instance the shamanic tiger is very close (although Wu teaches this in a perhaps more standardised and approachable way in his dvd).

I remember reading that Yuanming Zhang teaches fire dragon qigong too, it's apparently from Lu Zijian

https://www.qigongmaster.com/articles/fire-dragon-qigong

(This is a pretty kick ass form)

I asked Master Wu if his fire dragon meridian qigong was from the same source and he said it wasn't from the same lineage. (I didn't ask him about the shamanic tiger)

Thanks for sharing the links!

Very interesting, I just watched them through :D

I think Master Wu is one of the most legit teachers out there, that I've been in contact with so far. I feel qi moving in my body with everything I've learnt from him, as does complete newbs when I teach them some of his forms.

This is in stark contrast to the forms from others teachers I've learnt and taught to others. You get a work out, you stretch your body, it gives you benefits, it feels good, but you don't feel strong vibration of qi moving (and neither do students if I teach them forms from the few other teachers I've learnt from).

I definitely think Master Yuanming Zhang looks and feels 100% legit.

I think Lu Zijian looks great :D I will watch a bit more from him.

Many different schools and lineages have many very similar concepts, even the forms and exercises can look quite similar or even have completely identical moves. So, I think it's very possible Master Wu actually did get the similar forms from other sources, and later went to experience Master Yuanming Zhang's style.

Edited by Nuralshamal

Update:

So, I did the 2 hour intro class to meditation today.

I'm very impressed!

Before his speech he did a 10-20 sec. qigong form which had several bursts of sword finger toward us, and big stares towards us (the audience), and I could feel the qi reaching me. (he sent qi through the fingers and eyes).

His qi was very powerful.

He is definitely legit :D

There were many, many similarities to Master Wu's teachings ; the use of mantras and mudras to guide the qi.

They both use the mantras "heng" to guide qi down the ren mai to the lower dan tien, the mantra "en" to guide the qi up along the du mai and spine to the head, the mantra "wung/ong" to guide the qi to the heavenly gate (crown), and mantra "hai" to guide the qi to the kidneys.

I read on their pages they have both learnt from Mount Emei. I think the mantras and mudras are from Emei.

The main difference in teaching style is that Master Wu is always focusing on the lower dan tien. He never really mentions the middle or upper dan tien, only if pressed in a theoretical Q&A session, but never in practice. However, master Zhang mentioned the third eye and upper dan tien from the very beginning, and we used it in our very first meditation. That is definitely a striking difference!

Master Wu also emphasises the form, practice, practice, practice, using the body again and again, to feel it through your body. Master Zhang spent the biggest portion of the 2 hours explaining.

So, their teaching style and personality is definitely very different (from what can be gathered after just a 2 hour intro session ;) )

But both are definitely legit, high level masters, with powerful qi, authentic methods and great teachings.

May you all be blessed :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Nuralshamal said:

Update:

So, I did the 2 hour intro class to meditation today.

I'm very impressed!

Before his speech he did a 10-20 sec. qigong form which had several bursts of sword finger toward us, and big stares towards us (the audience), and I could feel the qi reaching me. (he sent qi through the fingers and eyes).

His qi was very powerful.

He is definitely legit :D

Agreed. It was awesome! thanks for recommending this event.

@Rakiel I'm glad you liked it! :D

For the others, here's an additionnal observation from the course.

In SKY (simplified kundalini yoga), the first chakra activated is between the eyebrows, bringing the vibration of energy into your conscious awareness.

My girlfriend was in the house, while I was doing the zoom call. (there are 5 levels in SKY, I'm at level 5, she's at level 2).

She asked me later if it had been a good course, but she figured it had, because she was feeling the vibration between her eyebrows during my zoom call (she wasn't meditating or anything, just doing things around the house).

That means Master Zhang's qi transmission to me was so strong, that it also spread to my girlfriend :) Pretty interesting!

Made me happy to see Master Zhang being mentioned here. 

I have trained with Master Zhang and it was a life-changing eye opening experience. 

I fondly recall “flying kisses into the universe” if you have trained with him you will understand…

When he began his Qi healing I immediately felt significant qi movement which caused me to feel “quite different” despite being about 300 miles apart. 

I know nothing about the other teachers (I have heard of them, thats it.) but there was NO DRAMA with Zhang Sifu and honestly, that is exactly the way I like it. 

I really respect Master Zhang’s Intent and vision as far as healing and transforming using Qi. 

Blessings and luck,

Dan

Edited by cloud_hidden
  • Like 1

@cloud_hidden

Hey Dan, thanks for chipping in :D

I'm glad to hear about your very postive experience with him!

I'm definitely thinking about doing or trying a retreat with him at some point.

That could be cool :)

On 7/14/2022 at 8:31 PM, Nuralshamal said:

1) can you either prove or disprove the idea that both Master Wu and Chunyi Lin copied Yuanming Zhang? Or share some stories related to these reports.

Master Lin was trained by Master Zhang. He has talked about it in his book, and in some of his videos.

I'd be surprised to hear any copying or plagiarism, as the karmic impact would be dire.

Master Zhang seems to me to be a VERY qualified master.

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 8:03 PM, Nuralshamal said:

The main difference in teaching style is that Master Wu is always focusing on the lower dan tien. He never really mentions the middle or upper dan tien, only if pressed in a theoretical Q&A session, but never in practice. However, master Zhang mentioned the third eye and upper dan tien from the very beginning, and we used it in our very first meditation. That is definitely a striking difference!

I've generally heard that norther schools focus on the upper dantien, and southern lower, although don't have anything to support that.

It does seem like spiritual schools focus quickly on the upper dantien, examples being Yan Xin, Chun Yi Lin, Yuan Ming Zhang.

• Like 1

Hey @JohnC,

Thanks for chiming in :D

Thanks for clarifying about Zhang and Chunyi Lin!

It could definitely be related to different schools for sure :D

I too feel Zhang is very powerful and qualified :)