Sign in to follow this  
Asher Topaz

What technique is used to achieve siddhis of super memory and intelligence

So I have been studying and reading about yoga and all practices involved in yoga. From my understanding its really a complicated science. I recently read about siddhis and how one can use samayama(dharana, dhyana, samadhi) to achieve siddhis based on the object they use for meditation. I was wondering how one can achieve the siddhis of supermemory and intelligence. My research led me to mantra from sarswati as one method that is used by yogis. I was wondering if there is an object one can use to perform samayama to achieve this siddhis like how we have samayama on the strength of an elephant to achieve supernormal strength. Or if yoga and pranayama practices can also give the siddhis of supermemory and intelligence. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Asher Topaz said:

So I have been studying and reading about yoga and all practices involved in yoga. From my understanding its really a complicated science. I recently read about siddhis and how one can use samayama(dharana, dhyana, samadhi) to achieve siddhis based on the object they use for meditation. I was wondering how one can achieve the siddhis of supermemory and intelligence. My research led me to mantra from sarswati as one method that is used by yogis. I was wondering if there is an object one can use to perform samayama to achieve this siddhis like how we have samayama on the strength of an elephant to achieve supernormal strength. Or if yoga and pranayama practices can also give the siddhis of supermemory and intelligence. Thanks.

Imo, The yoga sutras were written during times where those who took up that practice had less distractions, therefore, less mental/physical gunk. Lives were simpler, and people had less overall blockages. Conditions then for applying the principles of the sutras were therefore more conducive. In this age, more is required in terms of ground-clearing to first establish a firm and proper foundation for siddhis to manifest. One of the simplest ascertainment is the question: Are you able to consciously control and direct your dreams? Its important, because if you cannot consciously and lucidly develop the strength of an elephant in the dream world at will, it is infinitely more difficult to cause fruition in physical reality. So incorporating dream yoga, in some sense, is logical, and an essential prerequisite to siddhi development. However, its important to note that ultimately thats not the primary service of dream yoga. But its a good foundation to prepare one for siddhi cultivation in this current age. 

For example, your goal is to tap into the potentiality of super memory. Odds are you're finding it challenging in this current bodily realm, otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread. Dream yoga provides an optimal training ground whereby you can launch a systematic and concerted program to become omniscient (as the ultimate fruition in that dimension). By the time you fully master this in the dream dimension, you will know with conviction whats essential to attain a similar mastery in the physical realm. 

(Btw, super memory is just an off-shoot of the power of omniscience. Therefore in the dream dimension, its best to aim for the highest, and be as free and adventurous as possible. Even if you miss the ultimate fruit, you will still come away with consolation prizes.) 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this