Shadao

In your tradition/path, what is the word to mean your "perfect self"?

The version of you that is the true you, pure, clear of any imperfection or condition.

The version of you that you try to achieve even when you don't know it, the one that has the qualities you wished you had.The one that is so far above your current self that you have difficulty even trying to imagine such perfected self still being "you".

ps: I've got no idea why I decided to write this and in such a convoluted way, just suddenly "felt like it", a bit like I was half the writer and half the reader ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're free to ignore this rambling. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shadao said:

what is the word to mean your "perfect self"?

utterly beyond the ken of any word object or mental concept to describe or encapsulate.

In the tradition I follow the closest thing to what you describe would be to transcend or release all notions of one’s self - all ideas, conditioning, habits, patterns, concepts, emotion, expectations, and so on, and to abide in what remains. It is clear, spacious, and ever-present, and cannot be named without being polluted. It can be called many things, none of which capture it, but is most often referred to as sems nyid, literally mind’s nature or essence. It’s also often referred to as Buddha nature.

https://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/sems_nyid

• Like 4

This subject was a pet fascination years ago, and I used to put pen to paper for much of the thoughts around this, and the term I had a fondness for was 'the nondescript'. It was only later that I learnt about the word 'ineffable'. lol

Edited by C T
  • Like 3

Tricky as you are asking for a  name of the  perfected self and not the process to achieve that   .

For me, the closest is  "Fravahar."   As in the sense of a  'United Fraveshi '  .  

Otherwise known as ,   in modern hermetic / western magic  tradition ( Not the name of it but the 'process' ) ; achieving the knowledge and communication of your ' Holy Guardian Angel'  - also a process of 'uniting' .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

I suppose it's getting close when it's called the I Am consciousness.  Still doesn't mean we can describe it, but rather it's something we turn into.  I think the closest we can come to describing it is to live it.  It is the light on the path.

• Like 1

On 26/6/2022 at 3:01 AM, Shadao said:

The version of you that is the true you, pure, clear of any imperfection or condition. 

སྙིང་རྗེ། 

On 7/7/2022 at 10:18 PM, Cheshire Cat said:

སྙིང་རྗེ། 

Does this mean 'That Which Knows?'

7 hours ago, manitou said:

Does this mean 'That Which Knows?'

It means “compassion” - nying je 

• Like 1

Instead of the concept Perfect Self, I like the term Complete Human Being.  There's a roundness to it.  Birth, death. Highs, lows.  Happiness, sorrow.  Sex, Celibacy.   Peace at the core.  Accepting, rolling with the world.  

What aspects of myself, do I need to work on, to be more Complete?  no stereotype.. what do I need to roll better.. to momentarily perfect my morning oatmeal.

• Like 2