Sign in to follow this  
Asher Topaz

What is the Daoist technique for the siddhi of super memory and intelligence

I have been studying about human intelligence for a while and ironically its what led me to spirituality. I realized at some point it wasnt just about the brain. After studying buddhist and yogi techniques I came across certain methods. In shigon buddhism there is a mantra that Jkukai used to get supernormal memory and learning. In hinduism they use the mantra of saraswati to increase intelligence and memory. In patanjalis yoga they say samayama(dharana,dhyana,samadhi) on any object can grant u siddhis based on the object. However I dont know what object they use for supernormal memory and learning. Now I was wondering what will be the daoist method. Reason why I am curious about the daoist method is because Daoists are very logical and hyper efficient in creating their techniques that their methods are one of if not the fastest amongst all cultivation cultures. The reason why I want the siddhi of supernormal memory and learning is that I noticed that in the past this particular ability was very important to cultivators and their students. It seemed to help them see through the veil of what they were being taught and obey the instructions given correctly. Today most of us are of average intelligence which makes it tough for us to understand the instructions. Also imagine if u could learn languages like pali,sanskrit and mandarin quickly so u could read classics and original documents. 

Marrow washing of brain can fuel intellect. Known as Shen Gong. Uses energy. Causes you to die faster. Some Daoist traditions are focuses on this and other things. Not the ones focused on spiritual growth.

Intellect is not viewed highly in Daoism. The intellect should be used less not more. If you study under a Neidan master, practice does not require much intellect. 

Edited by MetaDao
  • Like 1

The capability  of our mind to learn, to memorize , to separate things into parts and find  their linkages ,  to do deductive and inductive reasoning , and to do whatever abstractions necessary,,etc  come from the  meta- jing (元精)  hidden in us .   Notice that meta-jing  originates  from the pre-heavenly qi , which it is a trinity of shen, jing and qi  ,  inseparable .  Only  after  its embodiment in the human body ,  we get things and terms such as meta-shen (元神) ,  meta-qi  (元氣)   and  meta-jing ,   telling us their  respective  primordial character and  role played in us .

The more jing ,  explicit form of the meta-jing , we  accumulate , the smarter  and good -memory we become. So the technique of retaining  more jing is  also the technique of  attaining super memory and intelligence.  However , it lies in transformation , not simply accumulation..

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this