Jedi777

Sifu Max Christensen videos

Jedi,

Those vids are not distributed with Max's permission so Chris has requested that we not purchase those.

Yoda

Oh WOW sorry!! Thanks for the FYI!!

For the people that have contacted me here is a quick review on Advance thunder breathing of MAX LAMA!

Visualizing the Varja spining in the heart center

Visualizing a storm spiraling from you

you becoming a Thunder God

purfication mantra

long life mantra

bringing the storm and energy u created with your mind back into u

That was a quick breakdown, although MAX WARNS on the dvd that if u @#%# it up u bring on the fire and says that its between you and the other side he will not get involved. ( so why teach it if you going to hurt people, mentally, spiritually, emotionally)?

I thought it wasnt bad he talks alot and gets caught up in telling stories too much which was annoying! For the price though i think it would be worth having if you are a Max follower!!!

WYG

Curious, are there associated postures (standing or seated) taught with each section of practice? Is there an actual breath demonstrated/taught or does he guide through visualizations?

Edited by Spectrum

YES, i forgot to mention during the thunder storm u do like a bellows or fire breathing 12 breaths x 12 sets and call on the Thunder god "Om Vajra Kilikilaya sarva bing nam hung pet" 3 times.

Its all done seated on the earth full or half lotus, but he mentions he has down it in his bath tub as no one is to be near you. And that after it the cool down there might come some lighting or glowing spheres called Tiglas (spelling) that you created from your mind.

Why you ask spectrum?

I guess the thing with visualziation meditations is depending on how imaginative you can make the images and feel it happening it will become REAL to you!

Worth getting for the money or you could buy Tai Chi for enlightenment from Mr Winns rpimordial chi kung which someone is selling for 20 bucks! :o Max also mentions that the Thunder breathing was created by the Tibetan ancestors if you look them up it will give you something to think about.

Sounds similar to the fire breathing we practice.

I'm not one to subscribe to the notion that humans have invented ... well ... anything really, especially all the different ways there are to breath... such precious previous treasures looking for ways to be expressed. It's all within us already, just a matter of remembering, or being coincidentally in the right place at the right time for this spontaneous knowledge to surface.

This is like waiting until the very very very last moment to release the whips crack. If you think about it, it's to late. Good learning is not layering layer atop of layer, it is a daily decreasing of what we think we already know.

Wun I have paid attention to your posts over time, I think you are already familiar with these concepts/practices. I enjoy reading your posts.

Sounds like Chunk found his way into Mikey's Dads attic!

410capture_goonies01.jpg

Edited by Spectrum

What do you study Spectrum?

Max says that Thunder Breathing was before Kundalini came to tibet or other practices and not to mix it with kundalini as its a fire practice and Thunder brings down the lighting!

Wun Yuen Gong,

who is selling DVDs? I have seen only video tapes on the net..

I have watched his Thunder Breathing dvd from a friend that bought it!

He says its the Highest practice he has apart Phurba!

I got all of Sify Max's tapes back in 1999 (?). His experiences in the Tibetan temple are very interesting and you can see the side of him that is completely different from his current videos.

call on the Thunder god.

Does the video explain who the Thunder god is and give any information on his mythology?

Based on the mantra posted, its not a really thunder god, but Vajrakilaya also known as Dorje Phurba. He is one of the more wrathful yidam in tibetan tantric practice. His practice is most often used to destroy obstacles to practice or manifestation of the kleshas.

He starts off with a Tibetan Deity then switches it to Lei Kung (Taoist Thunder god) statue.

The storm intensifys as the lighting strikes you and the storm around then spirals back in towards you at this time you have wings and flying in the storm.

Not bad but im not sure what it would do for you, possibly energize and break up obsticle as thunder and lighting does in the sky.

WYG

Different in what ways, smile?

What videos u get?

WYG

I would say he was more innocent and gentle.

All the videos from the innerselfcenter.com.

Based on the mantra posted, its not a really thunder god, but Vajrakilaya also known as Dorje Phurba.
He starts off with a Tibetan Deity then switches it to Lei Kung (Taoist Thunder god) statue.

Thanks guys! Vajrakilaya and Lei Kung are seriously heavy duty; Lei Kung in particular punishes evil at heaven's request. Perhaps this is why Max hasn't authorised the sale of the video.

Does the video mention any prerequisites that ordinary mortals must fulfill before they can approach these wrathful manifestations? I doubt just buying the video is enough - fascinatingly tempting though it is.

Edited by rex

Does anyone have this DVD if so I will buy it off you...PM me.

Sorry, I know this is a very old thread but there still might be a chance.

Thanks.