Woodlander

Walking my path, often alone

Hi folks!

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I have been a long time lurker of various topics here, the most common being ZZ and internal alchemy.  I would like to thank so many of you for sharing your thoughts so freely over the years. I can see there are a number of truly developed masters amongst this crowd.

At this stage in the game, I do not have a master. I did once. High level tai chi master. The real deal. Rare. Authentic lineage. That path had it's baggage though- power, money, control, ego. (Kind of reminds me of the Sith a bit for those Star Wars fans). It turned me off to the master-student idea. I told myself I would roll solo, "go ronin" so to speak. I know that practice on my own- whether that be ZZ, alchemy, meditation- can only go so far with books, online resources, etc. 

There is just SO MUCH information out there and many teachers claiming that their way is THE way, that I often throw my hands in the air and tell myself to keep it simple: sit, stand, walk, run, lift, love, share... all with attention, intention, and heart and it will all fall into the place. Not sure if I'm deluding myself. Not sure if I am actually following my formula.

Here I am, still searching, or at least looking for help. I guess I would like to find a teacher but it's hard to trust again.

So here I am with the lofty yet simple goal of "health, wealth, and longevity" however the details of that go deep. I hope my time here can help me walk the path a bit better than I've been... 

Thanks for reading!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woodlander said:

Hi folks!

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I have been a long time lurker of various topics here, the most common being ZZ and internal alchemy.  I would like to thank so many of you for sharing your thoughts so freely over the years. I can see there are a number of truly developed masters amongst this crowd.

At this stage in the game, I do not have a master. I did once. High level tai chi master. The real deal. Rare. Authentic lineage. That path had it's baggage though- power, money, control, ego. (Kind of reminds me of the Sith a bit for those Star Wars fans). It turned me off to the master-student idea. I told myself I would roll solo, "go ronin" so to speak. I know that practice on my own- whether that be ZZ, alchemy, meditation- can only go so far with books, online resources, etc. 

There is just SO MUCH information out there and many teachers claiming that their way is THE way, that I often throw my hands in the air and tell myself to keep it simple: sit, stand, walk, run, lift, love, share... all with attention, intention, and heart and it will all fall into the place. Not sure if I'm deluding myself. Not sure if I am actually following my formula.

Here I am, still searching, or at least looking for help. I guess I would like to find a teacher but it's hard to trust again.

So here I am with the lofty yet simple goal of "health, wealth, and longevity" however the details of that go deep. I hope my time here can help me walk the path a bit better than I've been... 

Thanks for reading!  

https://forum.alchemical.garden/threads/172/

https://forum.alchemical.garden/threads/83/

• Like 1