natural

What is behind the compulsion to be correct? Ego?

6 hours ago, steve said:

I could never eat a crow.

They are far too intelligent and interesting creatures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was once on a beach early AM practicing qigong and taiji. A crow settled onto my backpack and watched me for a while then began imitating me, saying back and forth, bobbing up and down, and a variety of interesting moves. He then began chatting with me, I never knew crows had such a wide range of vocalizations. This went on for about 15-20 minutes! He then gave a loud call, shit on my backpack and flew away. It was magical!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, steve said:

I was once on a beach early AM practicing qigong and taiji. A crow settled onto my backpack and watched me for a while then began imitating me, saying back and forth, bobbing up and down, and a variety of interesting moves. He then began chatting with me, I never knew crows had such a wide range of vocalizations. This went on for about 15-20 minutes! He then gave a loud call, shit on my backpack and flew away. It was magical!

Taiji does encourage peristalsis…

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, steve said:

yea, probably nicer than some seagulls who will purposely drop shit bombs on people just for laughs.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, steve said:

yes ...... flew away ..... to 'report' what you had been doing .

;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

yes ...... flew away ..... to 'report' what you had been doing .

;)

Probably calls himself a teacher now…

:)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, steve said:

Probably calls himself a teacher now…

:)

Young Magpie in tree by my front 'porch' while I am sitting on the bench with morning coffee ;

Me :  " Hello magpie , you are a new one around here ."

Magpie : " Quoooo kokoolioo qwookiliiook ! "

Me :  " Quoooo kokoolioo qwookiliiook ! "

Magpie  stares at me , straightens up and  " Quoooo kokoolioo qwookiliiookookookooloo ! "

Me :  "  Hmmm .... let's see .....    Quoooo kokoolioo .... qwookiliioo   ... kookookooloo."

Magpie < glares at me >  ;  " Quoooo kokoolioo qwookiliiookookookooloo squark bibit kokooliookquoo minimini bbbt squark qwooloo SQAURK ! "

Me;  " Okay, you win . "

Magpie ;   flies off .

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2022 at 2:21 AM, Nungali said:

.... even birds like to win  :)

Birds do it

bees do it 

The self-imposed punishments one learns to give themselves in case of being wrong. It may lead to such intense self-punishing or servilience that it risks one's life.