Ajay0

Sadhguru on the cause of violence and its solution

8 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

https://www.news18.com/news/india/no-land-encroachment-intrusion-into-elephant-corridor-by-isha-yoga-centre-tn-govts-reply-on-rti-4544348.html

https://thelogicalindian.com/trending/sadhguru-isha-yoga-center-32581

In the last few years, the Isha Foundation published their blogs online, refuting these claims. "Isha Yoga Center is not constructed on forest land or elephant corridor. It is constructed on 100% Patta land. ( Patta means land ownership approved by the government legally)

In 2013, the Tamil Nadu Forest Department officials verified this and clearly documented that the centre is only on Patta land and has not infringed on the forest land," the post said. Further, they called this 'slander sans substance.' With the RTI reply in the news, the claims about the Yoga Centre encroaching upon the Nilgiri forest lands has been put to rest. The state government's response to the said query is an attempt towards refuting the claims about the same and setting the record straight about what actually happened.

The claim that Sadhguru's center has encroached on any forest land is incorrect according to the government's own records that have been made public.

Also Sadhguru and his volunteers have converted many acres of arid land into lush forests in India bringing about great ecological gains in the process benefiting India.

Sadhguru has a world record in his name for planting saplings in his efforts for ecological preservation.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/over-8-lakh-trees-planted-in-one-day-in-tn/articleshow/2191748.cms

On 17th October, 2006, 256,289 volunteers working on 6284 sites spread across Tamil Nadu planted a record number of 852,587 saplings in a single day.

He has similarly worked and executed other nature related projects in India and around the world and has created awareness on them through his talks and discussion sessions.

Edited by Ajay0
  • Like 2

In no shape or form have I ever heard Sadhguru deify himself. The quotes posted here are taken from longer talks and are completely out of context.

Edited by skyblue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Amazing how much followers he managed to amass. And he seems to have huge influence and does lot's of good stuff in the world.

His Joe Roegan interview is interesting though, especially towards the end. Shows me that he is still human.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 2:19 AM, skyblue said:

In no shape or form have I ever heard Sadhguru deify himself. The quotes posted here are taken from longer talks and are completely out of context.

His followers have done it for him

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Aeordimm said:

His followers have done it for him

Only to the extent of gratitude and authority given to your teacher. I have taken angamardana, surya kriya, inner engineering (twice), bhuta shuddi, and been to several satsangs. 

There is usually a picture of Sadhguru present, and an altar with a linga and incense. There were lessons on reaching the divine, and self-realization. He never really ever held himself "above" anyone or anything else other than a teacher to help you. All the staff (with the exception of the teachers I don't know if they are paid or not) were volunteers. Additionally, his hatha and kriya yogas share similarities with Sivanada's, Iyengar's, and even Paramahansa Yogananda's, three very well respected yogis. In a sense he is a vehicle that energetically helps us develop, similar to Chunyi Lin of SFQ. All of his students I met, were just grateful to have an authentic practice, one that we believed could help us advance spiritually. Perhaps that gratitude is what others think of as "deifying," but it did not seem that way then, nor does it now as I look back years later.  

I would still be practicing his stuff now, but his public offerings require a certain level of strength and vitality that I lost through life circumstances. 

Perhaps this small testimonial will sway you (and others) a bit. =)

• Like 1