lightminefire

Dantian vs Dhammakaya light 💡 orb

What's the difference difference between light 💡 orb upper navel vs lower Dantian?
my experiences upon focusing on my dantian, I felt inner happiness(exactly if I were to smile when someone taking my picture) and bright light  off and on in my sitting meditation and wuji standing dantian meditation. 

Has anyone practice this?

The Essence of Dhammakaya

The word “Dhammakaya” is an ancient word means the Body of Enlightenment (Dhamma means the truth or the enlightenment and Kaya means body). This term was found many places in many old Buddhist scriptures both in Theravada and Mahayana schools. It is not the new term or new theory from the Teaching of the Lord Buddha.

Dhammakaya is the body that transformed Prince Sidhatta to The Lord Buddha. The enlightenment of the historical Buddha is explained as his mind became perfectly refined and purified to the same level of the refinement and purity of the Dhammakaya, and thus attains the body of enlightenment. The Dhammakaya is therefore seen as central to the Teaching of the Lord Buddha.

Dhammakaya is a source of peace, wisdom and true happiness, exists in all human beings and can be attained through the process of self-refinement and self-purification.

Dhammakaya Meditation Technique

Dhammakaya Meditation Technique was rediscovered by Luang Pu Wat Paknam, the late Abbot of Wat Paknam. With his great work of meditation, he found that the station of stillness or the gateway of The Middle Way is at “The Center of the Body” around two-finger width above the navel. And the center of the body is the best point that any meditation practitioner should lay the mind down upon.

The technique is simple but effective. Just keep your body and mind relaxed and maintain your attention slightly at the center of the body. Once you touch or feel the station of stillness at the center of your body, you will experience inner peace, true happiness and the transforming power that Dhammakaya Meditation can provide for every aspect of your life.

Although Dhammakaya Meditation was developed as a technique by the Lord Buddha, its practice is not limited to Buddhists. The practice has nothing to do with any organized religion or sectarianism. For this reason, it can be freely practiced by everyone without conflict due to race, creed or religion. People from many religious backgrounds have experienced the benefits of Dhammakaya Meditation and have found no conflict with their profession of faith.

C431A53F-F64F-43D5-BB99-5B8D3379FFD3.png

• Like 1

沒有守任何丹田也照樣可以有光

放鬆就可以產生光了

Even if you don't keep your attention in any dantian, you can still have light

Relaxing can create light

Yes, I already know about cult stuff but I wasn't asking about that and relaxing light will show up that I already know.

Upon keeping awareness on  Dantian as dantian increase qi circulation whole body, the feeling happiness awakens like shen gong and my consciousness expand. This feeling now resign anytime I place my awareness on my dantian and expanding consciousness as well.

I noticed this similar note 📝 from Dhammakaya experiences but I wanted to ask others if anyone has similar experiences.

I'm sure it's nothing new or big deal and would like to hear about it. 

thanks 

19 hours ago, lightminefire said:

Yes, I already know about cult stuff but I wasn't asking about that and relaxing light will show up that I already know.

Upon keeping awareness on  Dantian as dantian increase qi circulation whole body, the feeling happiness awakens like shen gong and my consciousness expand. This feeling now resign anytime I place my awareness on my dantian and expanding consciousness as well.

I noticed this similar note 📝 from Dhammakaya experiences but I wanted to ask others if anyone has similar experiences.

I'm sure it's nothing new or big deal and would like to hear about it. 

thanks 

法身是一種光的身體

在楞伽經裡面,佛陀講到意生身,類似四大,卻不是四大

Dharmakaya is a body of light

In the Langka Sutra, the Buddha talks about the mind-born body, which is similar to the four major elements, but not the four major elements.

看起來像人類的身體,事實上卻不是人類

Looks like a human body, but isn't actually human

在黃庭經裡面也講了很多關於『胎仙』,也就是法身

In Huang Ting Jing, it also talks a lot about the "fetal immortal", that is, Dharmakaya

Dharmakaya一直都是各個修行體系的最高奧秘,佛教經典當中的大日經也談了很多關於法身的細節

Dharmakaya has always been the highest mystery of various cultivation systems, and the Great Nikkei in the Buddhist scriptures also talks about many details about the Dharmakaya

幸福的感覺是初禪的特徵,喜覺支

The feeling of happiness is characteristic of the first jhāna, the blissful awareness factor.

When your mind is held in one place by the sense of qi, there will be no distracting thoughts, and this feeling of happiness and joy appears, which is the joy of awareness factor.

我自己的經驗,經常有這種經驗,大多發生在戶外練自發功的時候,練到某個程度,心裡面會覺得非常的喜悅,看著陽光就覺得很幸福

有時候狀況比較好,沒有練自發功的時候,也可以產生這種喜悅的感覺,但是比較少,大多是在有練自發功的時候發生的

From my own experience, I often have this experience. Most of it happens when I practice spontaneous gong outdoors. When I practice to a certain extent, I will feel very happy in my heart, and I will feel very happy when I look at the sun.

Sometimes my state is better. When I don’t practice spontaneous gong, you can also have this feeling of joy, but it’s rare, and it mostly happens when I practice spontaneous gong.

我個人比較喜歡三禪的樂覺支,當心輪鬆開的霎那,感覺非常平安,寧靜,舒適,放鬆

Personally, I prefer the joy of awareness factor of the third jhana. When the heart chakra is loosened, I feel very peaceful, quiet, comfortable and relaxed.

像是原來比較緊繃的意識狀態,一下子在心輪鬆到極點,這時候也沒有念頭,沒有自我感,沒有情緒,只有舒服的覺受

It seems that the original state of consciousness is relatively tense, and suddenly the heart chakra becomes extremely relaxed. At this time, there are no thoughts, no sense of self, no emotions, only comfortable feelings.

Edited by awaken
  • Thanks 1

On 08/06/2022 at 9:57 PM, lightminefire said:

What's the difference difference between light 💡 orb upper navel vs lower Dantian?
my experiences upon focusing on my dantian, I felt inner happiness(exactly if I were to smile when someone taking my picture) and bright light  off and on in my sitting meditation and wuji standing dantian meditation. 

Has anyone practice this?

The Essence of Dhammakaya

The word “Dhammakaya” is an ancient word means the Body of Enlightenment (Dhamma means the truth or the enlightenment and Kaya means body). This term was found many places in many old Buddhist scriptures both in Theravada and Mahayana schools. It is not the new term or new theory from the Teaching of the Lord Buddha.

Dhammakaya is the body that transformed Prince Sidhatta to The Lord Buddha. The enlightenment of the historical Buddha is explained as his mind became perfectly refined and purified to the same level of the refinement and purity of the Dhammakaya, and thus attains the body of enlightenment. The Dhammakaya is therefore seen as central to the Teaching of the Lord Buddha.

Dhammakaya is a source of peace, wisdom and true happiness, exists in all human beings and can be attained through the process of self-refinement and self-purification.

Dhammakaya Meditation Technique

Dhammakaya Meditation Technique was rediscovered by Luang Pu Wat Paknam, the late Abbot of Wat Paknam. With his great work of meditation, he found that the station of stillness or the gateway of The Middle Way is at “The Center of the Body” around two-finger width above the navel. And the center of the body is the best point that any meditation practitioner should lay the mind down upon.

The technique is simple but effective. Just keep your body and mind relaxed and maintain your attention slightly at the center of the body. Once you touch or feel the station of stillness at the center of your body, you will experience inner peace, true happiness and the transforming power that Dhammakaya Meditation can provide for every aspect of your life.

Although Dhammakaya Meditation was developed as a technique by the Lord Buddha, its practice is not limited to Buddhists. The practice has nothing to do with any organized religion or sectarianism. For this reason, it can be freely practiced by everyone without conflict due to race, creed or religion. People from many religious backgrounds have experienced the benefits of Dhammakaya Meditation and have found no conflict with their profession of faith.

C431A53F-F64F-43D5-BB99-5B8D3379FFD3.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhammakaya_meditation

Honestly, it sounds all a bit complicated and new age.

Edited by Vajra Fist

7 hours ago, Creation said:

I would hazard a guess that this is related to the yellow court region of Daoist alchemy. 

這應該只是借用黃庭這個名詞,黃庭經講的黃庭是在頭上

This should just borrow the term Huang Ting, the Huang Ting mentioned by Huang Tingjing is on the head

上有黃庭下關元

非各別位居腦中

問誰家子在我身,

此人何去入泥丸。

呼吸廬間以自償,

Above is Huang Ting, below is Gouan Yuan

Not separate, but in the brain

ask who is in me,

How does this person get in the mud pill

Breathing between the skulls to compensate,

Edited by awaken

Actually, I may have been too quick to dismiss. This is a fascinating article, about the esoteric tradition within theravada, similar to vajrayana.

https://tricycle.org/trikedaily/esoteric-theravada/?utm_content=buffere8d70&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR3vvEodpJSq7blxk9dKmEH5jZMqz4Clmk5vLeIaIMkKtYdRNNwztdl3BCQ

Apparently a lot of the practices from the Dhammakaya movement stem from this tradition.

Fascinating stuff

https://youtu.be/M1KcXP6T6ag

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 30/6/2022 at 12:02 PM, Vajra Fist said:

Actually, I may have been too quick to dismiss. This is a fascinating article, about the esoteric tradition within theravada, similar to vajrayana.

https://tricycle.org/trikedaily/esoteric-theravada/?utm_content=buffere8d70&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR3vvEodpJSq7blxk9dKmEH5jZMqz4Clmk5vLeIaIMkKtYdRNNwztdl3BCQ

Apparently a lot of the practices from the Dhammakaya movement stem from this tradition.

Fascinating stuff

Indeed. In fact, in her book she did an in depth analysis of the practices themselves, the burman and thai tradition of esoteric theravada, textual transmission, transmission to the West(and Western edition of esoteric theravada manuals) and even how these practices got into Sri Lanka and when they were lost there.

15 minutes ago, damdao said:

Indeed. In fact, in her book she did an in depth analysis of the practices themselves, the burman and thai tradition of esoteric theravada, textual transmission, transmission to the West(and Western edition of esoteric theravada manuals) and even how these practices got into Sri Lanka and when they were lost there.

Thanks, it's next on my reading list. Did she compare the historical practices to what is taught in the Dhammakaya group?

Is this linked in any way with the historical Ari Buddhism?

Edited by Vajra Fist

18 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

Thanks, it's next on my reading list. Did she compare the historical practices to what is taught in the Dhammakaya group?

Yes, I began my research in Dhammakaya practices from her book. Before I was not aware of such a body-mind practices in Theravada. 

About Ari buddhism I am not sure. I will check other chapters (I am still reading the book). But she does speak about Burman esoteric traditions but mainly quoting the French scholar, Francois Bizot. I will check later if there is something about Ari Buddhism.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

No references to Ari and very little to Weizza.

Her research is foccused on meditation (boran kammathana).

• Like 1

It's probably the same general idea as the Taoist lower dantien, just in a different spiritual system.  Similar to how zen Buddhism talks about developing "hara" which seems clearly analogous to the lower dantien. 

Pretty fascinating really that a variety of traditions have independently developed roughly similar takes on the human energy body, or they're just cross pollinating..

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dharmakaya said:

It's probably the same general idea as the Taoist lower dantien, just in a different spiritual system.  Similar to how zen Buddhism talks about developing "hara" which seems clearly analogous to the lower dantien. 

Pretty fascinating really that a variety of traditions have independently developed roughly similar takes on the human energy body, or they're just cross pollinating..

I thought the same too! But it seems the area of focus is two fingers width above the navel, rather than below (a little below the solar plexus).

That doesn't seem to correspond to the dantien, nor the chakra system. It seems very unusual in that respect

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

I thought the same too! But it seems the area of focus is two fingers width above the navel, rather than below (a little below the solar plexus).

That doesn't seem to correspond to the dantien, nor the chakra system. It seems very unusual in that respect

True, but close enough?  Sometimes I think certain esoteric systems need to be taken with a grain of salt. 

In this case Luang Pu Wat Paknam may have just been making up his own new system based on an idea he had around "the center of the body", etc.  ;)

Edited by Dharmakaya
  • Like 1

On 30/06/2022 at 4:02 PM, Vajra Fist said:

Fascinating stuff

It seems unusual indeed, but there is a reason for this (ones I wont get into).

The Dhammakaya group has missed a few of the points here. There are actually 9 not 7, so you would be correct in that respect

People still teach the Boran practices, its just rare to find it taught. And not easily accessible.  

Its also very different from Vajrayana. It is similar in that its tantric (embodied), but, there are some rather unique aspects to it. 

Nimitta is the name of the game here :)  that's what the points are for. 

Expect some of it to come to the surface soon though :) 

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 1

Yo, whatsup guys. I did a retreat at a dhammakaya temple once. And I've learned from a few monks in the tradition. Basically, you visualize a shining sun, crystal clear sphere, or buddha image two finger widths above the navel, directly on the taiji pole. (not toward the spine, or front of the stomach, but directly in the center). Anyways, I've been a Buddhist for around 11 years now. I've practiced basically every single meditation technique in Buddhism. And this was the only technique I've ever practiced that gave me so much bliss. And in such a short period of time. When I started doing this technique, only after about 2 weeks I activated an immense bliss that radiated directly out of the spot two finger widths above my navel. It was like I just did heroin lol. It was incredible. And it wasn't from samadhi. My concentration wasn't that good. It was just from activating this spot. 

I don't think that it's the lower dantian. I haven't experienced anything like this from the dantian. And dhammakaya meditators usually describe seeing Buddha images, or Buddhist stuff, radiating from this center. Haven't heard anyone say that about the lower dantian. The founder Phramongkolthepmuni did say once it's the spot where the breath enters into from the two side channels, similar to the lower dantian. But I think whichever spot you focus on in the body, if you focus there long enough, you'll feel the breath energy going in and out of it. Not sure though. I've always been curious if it's creating the lower dantian at a different spot. I actually want to restart the discussion on this topic. Because this is the most powerful technique in Theravada Buddhism. When you stay at a dhammakaya temple, it's really common to hear lay people that only meditate 20 minutes a day talking about wild experiences they have while doing this technique. The results are incredibly fast. Anyone know any Taoist sects that talk about a spot two finger widths above the navel? 

Edited by Khun Paen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 07/11/2023 at 12:55 AM, Khun Paen said:

Yo, whatsup guys. I did a retreat at a dhammakaya temple once. And I've learned from a few monks in the tradition. Basically, you visualize a shining sun, crystal clear sphere, or buddha image two finger widths above the navel, directly on the taiji pole. (not toward the spine, or front of the stomach, but directly in the center). Anyways, I've been a Buddhist for around 11 years now. I've practiced basically every single meditation technique in Buddhism. And this was the only technique I've ever practiced that gave me so much bliss. And in such a short period of time. When I started doing this technique, only after about 2 weeks I activated an immense bliss that radiated directly out of the spot two finger widths above my navel. It was like I just did heroin lol. It was incredible. And it wasn't from samadhi. My concentration wasn't that good. It was just from activating this spot. 

I don't think that it's the lower dantian. I haven't experienced anything like this from the dantian. And dhammakaya meditators usually describe seeing Buddha images, or Buddhist stuff, radiating from this center. Haven't heard anyone say that about the lower dantian. The founder Phramongkolthepmuni did say once it's the spot where the breath enters into from the two side channels, similar to the lower dantian. But I think whichever spot you focus on in the body, if you focus there long enough, you'll feel the breath energy going in and out of it. Not sure though. I've always been curious if it's creating the lower dantian at a different spot. I actually want to restart the discussion on this topic. Because this is the most powerful technique in Theravada Buddhism. When you stay at a dhammakaya temple, it's really common to hear lay people that only meditate 20 minutes a day talking about wild experiences they have while doing this technique. The results are incredibly fast. Anyone know any Taoist sects that talk about a spot two finger widths above the navel? 

Interesting! Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Are there any guided meditations online that you'd recommend as a close approximation of what you learned in person?

i've been experiencing mild to strong magnetic pulsation, a stirring or pulsation of intense bliss and bouyancy and a sensation of liquid flowing that is centered on this location for many years.  It arises and ceases tzujan (of itself) without my prompting or seeking and i do not use local awareness toward it in any way other than observing it.  i do not seek to hinder, nor bolster it... my only action is to release into awareness of it and allow it to be as it is.

There were times on retreat with Wang Liping where it became so intense it blotted out all other phenomenon or noumenon in awareness and made following or attempting the formal praxis or placing awareness on anything else, impossible.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 7:31 AM, Shadow_self said:

It seems unusual indeed, but there is a reason for this (ones I wont get into).

The Dhammakaya group has missed a few of the points here. There are actually 9 not 7, so you would be correct in that respect

People still teach the Boran practices, its just rare to find it taught. And not easily accessible.  

Its also very different from Vajrayana. It is similar in that its tantric (embodied), but, there are some rather unique aspects to it. 

Nimitta is the name of the game here :)  that's what the points are for. 

Expect some of it to come to the surface soon though :) 

Borān kammaṭṭhāna - thanks for the reference. Very interesting reading about yogavachara. Has Flavors of neidan (development of embryo.) and tantric yoga (cosmology of sound, yantra, etc.) .

I do think these rare and exotic traditions are interesting, but we should be careful about the standard daobums approach of seeking out secret super 'potent' techniques. 

Better to spend time digging a deep well closer to home than go running around in pursuit of closed door practices that - if you could just be initiated into them - would apparently cut years off your journey. 

Remember that unlike daoism, buddhism is primarily an open tradition. The real meat and potatoes is in the Pali cannon.

"I have set forth the Dhamma without making any distinction of esoteric and exoteric doctrine; there is nothing, Ananda, with regard to the teachings that the Tathagata holds to the last with the closed fist of a teacher who keeps some things back."

From what I gather, the boran teachings are different from those taught in the Thai dhammakya movement. Also, there are quite a few red flags in that organisation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

I do think these rare and exotic traditions are interesting, but we should be careful about the standard daobums approach of seeking out secret super 'potent' techniques. 

Better to spend time digging a deep well closer to home than go running around in pursuit of closed door practices that - if you could just be initiated into them - would apparently cut years off your journey. 

Remember that unlike daoism, buddhism is primarily an open tradition. The real meat and potatoes is in the Pali cannon.

From what I gather, the boran teachings are different from those taught in the Thai dhammakya movement. Also, there are quite a few red flags in that organisation.

Curious what the Buddhist lineages requiring initiation say about the closed fist comment. 

agree - secret super potent techniques are Daobums equivalent of crack cocaine!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sahaja said:

Curious what the Buddhist lineages requiring initiation say about the closed fist comment. 

I should probably qualify my comment and say 'theravada is primarily an open tradition'.

On 11/6/2023 at 6:55 PM, Khun Paen said:

How long ago was this? And are you still doing this technique?