awaken

The reason why a person who only has qi in his lower abdomen can't understand the WuZenPian

13 hours ago, Master Logray said:

Who is Wang Che in Chinese?

Not this chap for sure

7 hours ago, C T said:

Not this chap for sure

Classsssssssssssssssssssssic :D

But a little bit different from Mr. 王喆...... 王重陽 Wang Ch'ung-yang

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 鞏三孝 said:

Classsssssssssssssssssssssic :D

But a little bit different from Mr. 王喆...... 王重陽 Wang Ch'ung-yang

😅

He was such a massive name back in the 80s. Majorly popular all over Asia, and a bit. Couldnt walk into any pub or karaoke in those parts without at least one of his hits being heard. 

Edited by C T

21 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

image.png.c5f725e7df0c9952f22a07a13a18bcce.png

image.png.2c9f909788710413455812076e340bed.png

seems you could use a 3rd eye;) (hey 大哥 please do not take offence ok? i enjoy our chatting) 

Oh so time consuming to do 'pointing out' for you... Time I do not have today, or tomorrow, or Sunday when I plan to be at the beach :lol: I will explain what you are not seeing when I am back... Before then, your homework:

1. Review the three tzu lyric poems where 先須保身潔淨,內常懷、愍物慈悲。挫剛銳,乃初心作用,下手根基 comes from. They are to the ancient tzu tune 聲聲慢 but called 神光燦三首 in 磻溪集卷五. Qiu Chang-chun wrote these to address challenges you now face at this very time, but which many people have always faced. You know old Taoists wrote tzu lyrics for people to sing together at gatherings, so maybe you can try to sing them to see if they effect you more. Of course sing alone unless you have a beautiful voice, then we would love to hear, maybe everybody together at KTV and then I'll sing that Dave Wang song (protect your ears B)
  2. Review all of the poems by Wang Che speaking of 開心 or 心開. If you still have more questions about what is the meaning then we can discuss some more

I don't only give homework, but do it too... if you have a link please direct me to a historical document about the raining and flooding. I always wish to learn more about Qiu Chang-chun but mangas from China are not so useful, like learning history by watching kung-fu films... :ph34r:

(ps this homework is not for the sour old part of you that will ignore this suggestion and not even bother to look at the poems and lyrics. It is for the sweet young part of you that is always full of curiosity and flexibility... refreshing openness like a blue sky over a field, not the stale locked up castle. I am talking to the part of you that is excited to learn new things, not the part that is excited to poke people and see if they flinch. Each heart has a bit of both, but proportions will differ in everybody. luckily, they can change too!) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 鞏三孝 said:

Oh so time consuming to do 'pointing out' for you... Time I do not have today, or tomorrow, or Sunday when I plan to be at the beach :lol: I will explain what you are not seeing when I am back..

there is no rush, please take your time, i highly appreciate what are you doing. by the way what taoist school you belong to now, and for how long did you practice altogether?

1 hour ago, 鞏三孝 said:

challenges you now face at this very time,

hey you do have a third eye! i hope i smell good.

1 hour ago, 鞏三孝 said:

Review the three tzu lyric poems where 先須保身潔淨,內常懷、愍物慈悲。挫剛銳,乃初心作用,下手根基 comes from. They are to the ancient tzu tune 聲聲慢 but called 神光燦三首 in 磻溪集卷五. Qiu Chang-chun wrote these to address challenges you now face at this very time

I translated  磻溪集 from cover to cover 5-7 years ago. thanks for an excuse to brag about that!

1 hour ago, 鞏三孝 said:

if you have a link please direct me to a historical document about the raining and flooding. I always wish to learn more about Qiu Chang-chun but mangas from China are not so useful, like learning history by watching kung-fu films... :ph34r:

Oh i see you did learn something new about Qiu's open heart! Very good! so you suggest somebody made that story up? somebody just jumps up and goes 'hey let me make up a story about how Qiu cursed a bunch of people and let them be buried alive under a mudslide'? who when and why would make up a ghastly story like this? 

1 hour ago, 鞏三孝 said:

I am talking to the part of you that is excited to learn new things,

为学日益,为道日损。

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 鞏三孝 said:

I don't only give homework, but do it too... if you have a link please direct me to a historical document about the raining and flooding. I always wish to learn more about Qiu Chang-chun but mangas from China are not so useful, like learning history by watching kung-fu films... :ph34r:

happy to oblige. lets ask baidu. 

https://baike.baidu.com/item/山塌金斗王/15437588

值得人深思的还不仅如此,历史上出现过很多类似的故事,例如在南宋时期还出现过一则丘处机救人的故事,佛教中也有“红眼石狮”的传说,其情节都非常类似,最后都只有相信的人得救了。

very many such stories in circulation throughout the history. Since Song times* this story was associated with Qiu, there is a similar 'red eyed stone lion' legend in Buddhism.

Is this historical? there is no such thing as history. it is all legend. Were the innumerable Chinese who with hope and admiration transmitted and listened to this legend for a 1000 years kind and kaixin? yes, just not in the role-playing way.

*T宋    南宋    Nán sòng    the Southern Song dynasty (1127-1279)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C T said:

😅

He was such a massive name back in the 80s. Majorly popular all over Asia, and a bit. Couldnt walk into any pub or karaoke in those parts without at least one of his hits being heard. 

Not me. 

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 9:00 PM, Taoist Texts said:

there is no rush, please take your time, i highly appreciate what are you doing. by the way what taoist school you belong to now, and for how long did you practice altogether?

I think I need an even longer vacation...

In practice am in the way of 趙友欽 Chao You-chin, quite a few years~ In researching kind of in the footsteps of Lee Fong-mao

hey you do have a third eye! i hope i smell good.

That is for the third nostril to decide :wacko:

I translated  磻溪集 from cover to cover 5-7 years ago. thanks for an excuse to brag about that!

This is the 'pity' I mentioned about before. So close to the well. Even translating the sign next to the well ('how to obtain and drink water') into other languages, so very smart. But you forgot to drink? Oops!

Pretty lucky for you, the water is still waiting for you to take some sips. But only after you realize that uncomfortable feeling you feel is called thirst......

Since you don't mind to brag, you must be a bold and confident gentleman. This is a good thing! You won't mind to share some of your translations of the poem from Qiu Chu-chih that I have asked you to review 10 days ago. It will be nice to see how you understand this poem, and then we can discuss the details together. 

Oh i see you did learn something new about Qiu's open heart! Very good! so you suggest somebody made that story up? somebody just jumps up and goes 'hey let me make up a story about how Qiu cursed a bunch of people and let them be buried alive under a mudslide'? who when and why would make up a ghastly story like this? 

Mr Louis Cha Leung-yung made up many silly stories about Wang Che, Qiu Chu-chih, Ma Yu and Sun Pu-er...... These stories made him very rich as well. You think nobody else in Chinese history ever made up a story????  :rolleyes:

On 7/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, Taoist Texts said:

happy to oblige. lets ask baidu. 

Oh no....

https://baike.baidu.com/item/山塌金斗王/15437588

值得人深思的还不仅如此,历史上出现过很多类似的故事,例如在南宋时期还出现过一则丘处机救人的故事,佛教中也有“红眼石狮”的传说,其情节都非常类似,最后都只有相信的人得救了。

very many such stories in circulation throughout the history. Since Song times* this story was associated with Qiu, there is a similar 'red eyed stone lion' legend in Buddhism.

*T宋    南宋    Nán sòng    the Southern Song dynasty (1127-1279)

You are a Researcher/Translator/Expositor of classical books and you make conclusions from one sentence in a Baidu article? It's just a little bit of a surprise to me :(

If this 'history' or 'legend' or "story" has been 'in circulation throughout the history since Song times', please provide links to classical documents, such as

神仙傳記

方志

集 of legends 

Even ancient plays or novels

or modern academic research

Otherwise how do you know this idea was not the random invention or mistake of the Baidu writer, probably some underpaid and overworked 9-9-6 young graduate in suburbs of Beijing?

Is this historical? there is no such thing as history. it is all legend. 

You mean "here is evidence, I admit it is not convincing evidence unless you are pretty drunk, so I will remind you actually there is no such thing as history at all so I will still get all the points." Philosopher! Always thinking of a way to wiggle, your teachers must have written Naughty Boy on your homework until their pens ran out of red ink :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 4

三才相盜食其時,道德陰符顯聖機。

萬化既安諸慮息,百骸俱理證無為。

I am writing my new book about WuZenPian.

I think it is a more constructive action then to struggle here

I'm writing this now
It is estimated that the book should be finished in ten days.

I know I type fast, but typing fast is no excuse for wasting time
It is hoped that the publication of the second book will allow those who are truly interested to obtain real cultivation knowledge
Instead of seeing a lot of questions from the messy transfer method practitioners here

集體的霸凌行為是明顯而易見的

我對於錯誤路線的批評也是明確的

我不對個人做批評,只對修行路線做批評

但是有一群人卻是對我個人的人格做批評

這種集體霸凌行為如果被管理員忽視

那我也只能表示遺憾而已

Collective bullying is obvious

My criticism of the wrong line is also clear

I don't criticize individuals, I only criticize the practice line

But there is a group of people who criticize my personality

This collective bullying behavior if ignored by administrators

Then I can only express regret

我所做的路線批評,在所有的經典裡面都曾經清楚的描述過

並非我個人的見解

如果這個論壇連這一點都無法容忍

講尊重也只是虛假的話而已

The line criticism I have done has been clearly described in all the classics

not my personal opinion

If this forum can't tolerate even that

Talking about respect is just a lie

萬物芸芸各返根,歸根復命即常存。

知常妙道人難會,妄作招凶往往聞。

All things return to their roots, and when they return to their roots, This is how nature works
It is difficult for people to know the often wonderful Taoism, and it is often heard of rash actions.

凶 is to against the way of nature.

for example, Using acquired thoughts to force the sense of qi to bypass Ren Du is 凶

Edited by awaken

我知道我做的事情非常艱難

因為當我在寫悟真篇的時候,我看到各家的註解是這樣的亂寫

特別是陳致虛,幾乎是胡說八道

反而是夏元鼎比較符合事實

陳致虛就是把南宗北宗合成一宗的人

我認為他某一個程度上,為了追求權力,而篡改傳承

為了他想往北宗的權力靠攏

我也為了翁葆光感到遺憾

他沒有把張伯端的真理講清楚,卻導向錯誤的搬運法

我所做的事情,在清朝劉一明寫了幾本書之後,就很少看到有人去清源正本了

我覺得我與其在這邊好心分享,卻被一群人霸凌,不如把書一本接著一本寫出來

I know what I'm doing is very hard

Because when I was writing WuZenPian, I saw that the annotations of various schools were written like this.

Especially Chen Zhixu, it's almost nonsense

On the contrary, Xia Yuanding is more in line with the facts

Chen Zhixu is the one who combined the Southern Sect and the Northern Sect into one

I think he to some extent tampered with inheritance in pursuit of power

Because he wants to move closer to the power of Beizong

I also feel sorry for Weng Baoguang

He did not explain Zhang Boduan's truth clearly, but led to the wrong method of transfer method

What I did, after Liu Yiming wrote a few books in the Qing Dynasty, I rarely saw anyone going to the original.

I think instead of sharing kindly here, but being bullied by a group of people, I might as well write one book after another.

我看過一些丘處機的書,這個人的道行不高

但是因為他和政治高層關係良好,所以他的重要性被抬高了

我還是建議各位閱讀悟真篇和參同契

I have read some of Qiu Chuji's books, this person's level is not high

But his importance was exaggerated because he had good relations with the top political leaders of the Yuan Dynasty.

I still recommend that you read WuzhenPian and Shentongqi

• Confused 1

我可以感覺到有一群人,因為我反對後天運作的搬運法,而想把我趕出去

我對此感到十分遺憾

這樣一群人的集體霸凌,竟然在號稱尊重的論壇底下,這些人完全不用被處理

只處理我一個人

尊重的定義似乎應該被重寫了

I can sense a group of people who want to kick me out because I'm against the transfer method that works  by acquired consciousness

I'm very sorry about that

The collective bullying of such a group of people is actually under the forum that claims to be respectful, and these people do not need to be dealt with at all

just deal with me

The definition of respect seems to be overridden

不管是悟真篇,還是道德經,陰符經,參同契

都有共同的特點,就是反對後天意識為主的修煉方式

如果要練的是氣功,那當然是後天意識為主

如果要練的是丹道,卻把後天意識拿來當作主人

這當然是錯誤的方式

我把錯誤的方式講出來

卻被一群人霸凌

而管理員不處理那群人,只處理我一個人

這樣的處理方式真叫人眼界大開

Whether it is Wuzhen, or Daodejing, Yinfujing, CantonQi

They all have a common feature, that is, they are opposed to the cultivation method based on acquired consciousness.

If you want to practice qigong, then of course acquired consciousness is the main

If you want to practice Dan Dao(Alchemy), but use acquired consciousness as the master

This is of course the wrong way

I speak the wrong way

was bullied by a group of people

And the admin doesn't deal with that group of people, just me

This kind of treatment is really eye-opening

我在你們掙扎著該如何處理我的這段時間

已經把悟真篇寫了三分之二了

希望今年就能把書放在amazon or google book store

While you're struggling with what to do with me, I've written about two-thirds of the book, WuZenPian

Hope to put the book on amazon or google book store this year

If you are interested in my book, you can search with my Chinese Internet name

藍石

Edited by awaken

1 hour ago, awaken said:

I am writing my new book about WuZenPian.

I think it is a more constructive action then to struggle here …

Exactly, far more “constructive’. Best wishes for your new book. :wub:

2 hours ago, awaken said:

… the annotations of various schools were … almost nonsense

… tampered with inheritance in pursuit of power

… led to the wrong method

… I rarely saw anyone going to the original …

Exactly. :)

When I was translating the 大學 , I realised only the first part is a true teaching.  The rest of it, the added commentaries, are imo just a load of bollocks. So I think you are doing the right thing by going to the original text.  

Edited by Cobie

1 hour ago, awaken said:

… his importance was exaggerated because he had good relations with the top political leaders …

Yes, that’s what happens sometimes. 

Edited by Cobie

6 hours ago, awaken said:

… bullying …

You turned the negative into a positive (it got you spending more time on writing your books), well done. :wub:

Saint Albert the Great, he once wrote that a day without being bullied is a wasted day. :lol:

Edited by Cobie

1 hour ago, awaken said:

I also feel sorry for Weng Baoguang

He did not explain Zhang Boduan's truth clearly, but led to the wrong method of transfer method

Actually Weng Pao-kuang(Baoguang) explained things very clearly in 悟真篇注釋 in the Sung times. In the Yuan times Chang Shi-hung mixed Weng's words into the words of Hsueh Shi in 紫陽真人悟真篇三註. Also Tai Shun-li who slightly changed Weng's words in 紫陽真人悟真篇注疏. It is true this made things more confusing. But if you just read 悟真篇注釋 there is only one section about something like 'transfer method' of moving Qi with your mind. This section can easily be proved to be added because it was copied from a medicine book that is also quoted in 紫陽真人悟真篇三註 and also 上陽子金丹大要. So we can still learn a lot from Weng Pao-kuang :)

Too bad you will not be able to read my post of over 50 % agreeing with you......Instead you will think I am just here for bullying you...Maybe I am not the only one who needed a beach holiday? ;)

Edited by 鞏三孝
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, 鞏三孝 said:

I think I need an even longer vacation...

some underpaid and overworked 9-9-6 young graduate in suburbs of Beijing?

yes, you and him both ;)

why dont we continue here

so as not to clog @awaken's thread?

• Like 1

“It seems that the true tradition of inner alchemy has been principally maintained, as much in Taiwan as in the People’s Republic of China, amongst masters often secluded in temples located on mountains, who generally claim to be from the Longmen school ( the « Dragon Gate », a school that has been founded by Qiu Chuji) and who state a transmission whose lineage of masters is held in a precise way.

No serious research has yet been made about this transmission, but it appears that the techniques it teaches are incontestably in line with those of the origins. However, it must be noted that those techniques have a certain tendency, nowadays, to get mixed up with simple breathing techniques, so-called qigong (“breath work”) that are hugely popular in Taïwan and in Mainland China, and that are the object of numerous publications.

This evolution tends to emphasize the physiological aspect of inner alchemy, that takes over the cosmological speculations and the spiritual and intellectual training, to the point of hiding them in some cases. 

Some publications that claim to be from inner alchemy do not differ anymore from qigong, about which it has to be recalled that it belongs more to the Chinese cultural background than to proper Taoism. But that is only the most visible tendency, that do not prevent some streams of pure inner alchemy to continue to exist. »

(1) The reason being is that the upright methods of the scriptures are obscure and hard to understand. Seemingly masters are unknowing of the authentic transmission, therefore nowadays cultivators in China comprehending them are few and far between;

(2) These days there are no expert scholars of true cultivation and concrete verifications who thoroughly expound on the scriptures. Translations employing words can hardly obtain the scriptures’ meanings; besides, Westerners are not discovering the existence of these scripture translations;

(3) There are translations of scripture books that are completely obtained from the books original theories, and do not come forth from any experience of concrete verifications. Many are empty talk of profound theories.

“The spirit without spirit;
People of ancient times cut themselves off from the wheel of life.
If one relies entirely on innate nature and life-destiny,
one will be able to reach completion.
The humanly prime is considered seizing the source of life.
The earthly prime is considered the Dao of ingesting the pill.
And yet the heavenly prime
is the power of the dual cultivation of
innate nature and life-destiny.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/11/2022 at 4:40 PM, Taoist Texts said:

yes, you and him both ;)

Ha ha, yes I think you are right on that!

why dont we continue here

so as not to clog @awaken's thread?

It's ok, I will stay here since I don't think this thread can "unclog" any more and we are discussing about some things that still relate to earlier pages on this thread.

On 7/11/2022 at 4:33 PM, Taoist Texts said:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4591482

This says your respected teacher is a priest but does not say anything about neidan. Are you and him neidan practitioners?

Dr. Lee is a close friend of some neidan teachers in Taiwan. This is public information but I can't tell you what he is learning from them. The only reason is I don't know, because I have learned other things from him quite a long time ago, not neidan. We are not close, so I can't telephone him to say 'hi some people on a website would like to know if you are a practitioner of this or that thing'! I hope you understand  

I have learned some practices from different neidan teachers in my time researching in China and also in Taiwan. 

I just wanted to understand your POV: you believe that story does not reflect taoist values. Great, thanks, now i understand. I do not want to protract the debate and do not need to win points.

Actually, no you don't understand :(

If you want to know my P.O.V. if a story reflects Taoist values, please say to me: "do you think it reflects Taoist values?" If you ask me this about the flood story, I will say: But what are Taoist values? The Taoist Canon has Hanfei-tzu, Sun-tzu, and Lieh-tzu inside of it! Just from these three books you can find all kinds of strange and even crazy ideas. Lots of people say the Legalist Hanfei-tzu is a favorite inspiration of harsh policies of Chinese communism, which is not so much what we usually think of for Taoism. But if his book can be in the Taoist Canon, this means Taoist values are not too easy to determine......Maybe almost impossible. 

For this discussion I am only interested in the flood story because you brought it to us to say that Qiu is not teaching some "mundane" 慈悲 (English: compassion) as we think... And you brought this story to justify Awaken being quite cruel to people here, suggesting getting angry and showing cruelty is ok and normal for Taoist masters. 

But if this story is just some modern comic book, or maybe just some random mistake on a Baidu page (perhaps based on a Jin Yong novel??), or some Buddhist story or folk tale mistakenly assigned to Qiu Chu-chi, then I think your P.O.V. is a bit wacky. 

This is why I ask you: besides Baidu and a comic book, what is your source for this tale? Does any Complete Reality book contain it? If so, please tell me which one. Then we can have a real answer for the real question I am asking: does this story reflect taoist values Does this story reflect Qiu Chu-chi's or Complete Reality values?

For below: you did a very good job in your translation!!! I'm excited to see that. I removed the top and bottom paragraph to focus on the stanza which has the sentences I begged you to review. And you did do very nice work capturing their essence! 

On 7/1/2022 at 3:06 PM, 鞏三孝 said:

Review the three tzu lyric poems where 先須保身潔淨,內常懷、愍物慈悲。挫剛銳,乃初心作用,下手根基 comes from. They are to the ancient tzu tune 聲聲慢 but called 神光燦三首 in 磻溪集卷五. Qiu Chang-chun wrote these to address challenges you now face at this very time

here is what i have:

其五 神光灿 The Spiritual Light’s Radiance

推穷三教,诱化群生,皆令上合天为。慕道修真,行住坐卧归依,先须保身洁净。内常怀,愍物慈悲。挫刚锐,乃初心作用,下手根基。 欵欵磨砻情性,除贪爱、时时剪拂愚迷。福慧双全,开悟自入希夷。灵台内思不疚,任纵横,出处何疑。彻头了,尽虚空,裁断是非。

Explore the three teachings to the end, they are about the salvation of all living things, everything is given from above by Heavenly will. Those who perfect the truth, admiring the Tao, walking, sitting, standing and lying down should practice it single-mindedly, keeping pure peace in the body from beginning to end. In the bosom constantly there must be mercy and sympathy for all beings. In the beginning, you should remove your hardness and sharpness, this is the beginning of work and laying the foundation. Slowly and relentlessly polish your character, uproot feelings of passionate love, cut and sweep away the fetters of ignorance every hour. Combining both the good deeds and prajna, realization will open, entering into the invisible and inaudible. Then the abode of the spirit inside will not be ill, it will unfold freely along and across, based on this, there will be no more doubts. Having reached the end, exhausting the emptiness, the truths and lies will all be forgotten,.

Maybe you are tired of me talking about Awaken. Actually I am too. It is sad we have to have this discussion. But......It's important. Because she is coming here to tell people she can represent the real understanding of neidan (and Buddhism too), and with her confidence and energy and seeming language expertise, I can see she has some people believing her. Please remember that you entered Qiu Chu-chi into our conversation as you were saying that her behavior is normal or at least has precedents for a master and teacher of neidan. But I disagreed with you, and then I reminded you about this poem by Qiu Chu-chi. And look at what he says! 

In the bosom constantly there must be mercy and sympathy for all beings. In the beginning, you should remove your hardness and sharpness, this is the beginning of work and laying the foundation.

Slowly and relentlessly polish your character, uproot feelings of passionate love, cut and sweep away the fetters of ignorance every hour.

Combining both the good deeds and prajna

Only this simple advice that you expertly translated is what I wish for Awaken to consider when she is so angrily telling people they are wrong, evil, liars, and so on.

Edited by 鞏三孝
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, 鞏三孝 said:

… uproot feelings of passionate love …

Any philosophy/religion/whatever, that proclaims this - is of no interest to me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cobie said:

Any philosophy/religion/whatever, that proclaims this - is of no interest to me.

:huh::blink::wacko: 蛤~~~~~? Did you become a member of this website by accident? And repeatedly join the threads about neidan to try to... Disinterest yourself??? Or maybe just here to share some feelings of passionate love for somebody special? :wub::wub: No problem with that, Qiu Chu-ji is not here at the moment, and I think we are not monks and nuns, it's ok to have a little crush ;)

Actually when you meet a sentence like the one that you rejected it is always best to ask:

-Was something lost in translation?

-What is the context? What-who-when does it apply to? 

-What is the meaning in between the lines?

-Does it means something different than I think?

Thennnnnnn you might start to know if this 'philosophy/religion/whatever......proclaims this', or if we need to keep digging to discover what it is really proclaiming.

Mr. Texts wrote '貪愛' as 'passionate love' but that is not the only way :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2