awaken

The reason why a person who only has qi in his lower abdomen can't understand the WuZenPian

而烏肝產生的時機屬於陽,意識是在上浮的狀態

兔髓產生的時機屬於陰,意識是在下沉的狀態

因此烏肝來自於氣的演化,直接從氣感轉變成光感

兔髓來自於意識的演化,表層意識下沉,元神意識產生

因此就實際上遇到的情況,修煉者的感受是烏肝是上浮的意識,兔髓是意識的下沉

The timing of black liver production belongs to yang, and consciousness is in a state of floating

The timing of the rabbit marrow is yin, and the consciousness is in a sinking state

Therefore, black liver comes from the evolution of qi, which directly changes from the sense of qi to the sense of light.

Rabbit marrow comes from the evolution of consciousness, the surface consciousness sinks, and the primordial spirit consciousness emerges

Therefore, in the actual situation encountered, the cultivator's feeling is that the black liver is a floating consciousness, and the rabbit marrow is a sinking consciousness.

意識的浮沉是悟真篇非常重要的一個論點,因為這一點在其他的經典,很少講這麼清楚

老子道德經也只有說到恍惚,但是並沒有很明確地說到跟恍惚之間的交替的是什麼

直到張伯端的浮沉說得這麼具體,加上烏肝兔髓的產生時機,這樣就非常清楚了

只是搬運法練陽不練陰,很難練出兔髓,因此就沒辦法得知其中的奧秘

不只搬運法練陽不練陰,幾乎所有的門派都是如此,幾乎都在意識底下用功,頂多也只能做到『最後一念』,沒辦法做到把最後一念放掉,因此這個奧秘竟然千年以來,少人破解

希望我在這裡分享這個奧秘,有人因此而練出成就,圓月,金丹,真人都不是問題,只要用功就可以了

The ups and downs of consciousness is a very important thesis of the Enlightenment chapter, because this point is rarely explained so clearly in other scriptures.

Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching only talked about trance, but did not clearly say what the alternation between trance and trance is.

Until Zhang Boduan's ups and downs were so specific, and the timing of the production of black liver and rabbit marrow, it was very clear.

It's just that the practitioners of the transfer method practice yang but not yin, and it is difficult to practice rabbit marrow, so there is no way to know the mystery.

Not only do they practice yang but not yin, but almost all sects are like this. For thousands of years, few people have cracked

I hope that I will share this mystery here, and someone will make achievements because of it. The full moon, the Jindan, and the immortal real person are not a problem, as long as you work hard.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

金鼎欲留朱裏汞,玉池先下水中銀。

https://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/悟真篇

The golden cauldron wants to keep the mercury in the Zhu, and the silver in the water is put into the jade pond first.

金 gold

鼎 cauldron

欲 want

留 keep

朱 red, fire

裏 in

汞 mercury

The golden cauldron want to keep the mercury in the red(fire).

玉 jade

池 pond

先 first

下 put

水 water

中 inside

銀 silver

The silver in the water is put into the jade pond first.

金鼎就是玄關
朱就是火,就是神火
汞,就是精煉化的神火, 因此就是兔髓

玉池也是玄關
水就是氣
銀就是就是精煉的氣,因此就是烏肝

這句話的意思是,如果想要有兔髓,就要先有烏肝

這句話很明顯地把烏肝和兔髓出現的順序,講得清清楚楚的

烏肝必須先產生,才能產生兔髓

The golden cauldron is Xiuan Guang
Zhu(red) is fire, is Shen fire
Mercury is the Shen fire of refining, so it is rabbit marrow

the jade pond is also Xiuan Guang.
water is Qi
Silver is the refined Qi, hence the black liver

This sentence means that if you want to have rabbit marrow, you must first have black liver

This sentence clearly states the order in which black liver and rabbit marrow appear.

Black liver must be produced first then rabbit marrow can be produced.

我知道這裡有很多人已經可以看見如極光一樣的烏肝,但是兔髓卻很少人出現

甚至還有人在質疑修煉當中的光,認為光是完全不存在的

修煉當中的光不僅存在,而且隨著意識一層一層的演化

只有意識完全沒有演化的人,才會沒有光

I know that there are many people here who can already see black liver like aurora, but very few people show rabbit marrow

There are even people who question the light in cultivation, believing that light does not exist at all

The light in cultivation not only exists, but also evolves with consciousness layer by layer.

Only those whose consciousness has not evolved at all will be without light

Edited by awaken

神功運火非終夕,現出深潭日一輪。

The magic of gong work the fire day and night, and a deep pool appears a sun.

The deep pool is Xiuan Guang.

功態當中出現太陽,有三種情況,第一種是欲界定太陽,這種並非在深潭之中

第二種還是欲界定太陽,欲界定太陽到快要化陰完成之際,會變成紅太陽。

第三種就是三階段陽生,這時候的太陽,已經是金丹了。

這時候的玄關跟之前烏肝的玄關完全不同,可以感受到非常清朗的空間,所以稱為深潭

這時候的太陽,也就是金丹,是經歷陽生三階段各種功態轉變過來的,包含滿月,飛雪,大曼陀羅等等

明亮而穩定,跟欲界定太陽的昏暗刺眼完全不同。

There are three situations in which the sun appears in the power state. The first is to define the sun, which is not in the deep pool.

The second is to define the sun, and when the sun is about to be transformed into yin, it will become a red sun.

The third type is the third stage of yangsheng. At this time, the sun is already a golden elixir.

The entrance at this time is completely different from the entrance of the black liver before, you can feel a very clear space, so it is called a deep pool

At this time, the sun, that is, the golden core, has undergone various transformations in the three stages of yangsheng, including the full moon, flying snow, big mandala, etc.

Bright and steady, quite different from the dim glare that defines the sun.

虎躍龍騰風浪麤,中央正位產玄珠。

虎 tiger

躍 jump

龍 dragon

騰 fly up fast

風 wind

浪 wave

麤 rough

When the tiger jumping and the dragon flying up fast, the wind and wave is very rough.

tiger = rabbit marrow

dragon = black liver

當烏肝和兔髓在交互作用的時候,氣是很粗暴的。

When black liver and rabbit marrow are interacting, Qi is very rough.

Because it is the post-heaven Qi.

中央 central

正位 the right position

產 produce

玄珠 mysterious beads

The mysterious beads is produced in the right position of the center.

在經歷烏肝兔髓的後天氣之後,在中央正位產生二階段陽生的玄珠。

玄珠有各種形狀,圓形,方形,三角形,六角形,文字形,印章形等等

After experiencing the post-heaven Qi of black liver and rabbit marrow, the second-stage yang-born Xuanzhu will be produced in the center upright position.

Xuanzhu has various shapes, round, square, triangle, hexagon, character shape, seal shape, etc.

最近正好有人提到先天氣,我在另外一個主題也提到先天氣的特徵。

剛好今天看到這一句話,也是講到先天氣的產生方式。

Recently, someone just mentioned the pre-heaven Qi, and I also mentioned the characteristics of the pre-heaven Qi in another topic.

We just read this sentence today, and it also talks about the way the pre-heaven Qi is generated.

希望各位可以很清楚的看到,先天氣的產生,必然先產生烏肝和兔髓

如果身上的氣感沒有轉化成烏肝和兔髓的光感,並且沒有產生練氣化神的程序,如此一來,把上衝的氣當作先天氣,就等於是一場誤解了。

I hope you can clearly see that the generation of the pre-heaven Qi will inevitably lead to the generation of black liver and rabbit marrow.

If the sense of qi in the body is not transformed into the sense of light of black liver and rabbit marrow, and there is no process of practicing qi to transform into the Shen, then it is a misunderstanding to regard the qi of the upper rush as the pre-heaven Qi.

當然我知道教氣功的大師都有同樣的誤解,因此為了避免爭執,我們只好看成氣功大師借用丹道名詞來解釋氣功當中的現象。

但是如果您是學習丹道的人,您心裡必須要清楚,氣功大師所借用的名詞,只能適用於氣功,不適用於丹道。

Of course, I know that the masters who teach qigong all have the same misunderstanding, so in order to avoid disputes, we have to treat the masters of  qigong borrow the terms of Alchemy to explain the phenomena in qigong.

But if you are a person who is cultivating Alchemy, you must be clear in your mind that the terms borrowed by Qigong masters can only be applied to Qigong, not Alchemy.

Edited by awaken

On 13/6/2022 at 12:10 AM, 鞏三孝 said:

It seems her reasons for ignoring people comes mostly from delusion. As long as a person disagrees with her, that person is a "vested interest" who practices the "carrying method". She reflexively assumes that the reason for any objection must be that the dissenter has some kind of competition with her to attract apprentices. Awaken typically will first curse the person, then block him, and then continue to falsely accuse him of being a "qigong dealer" and "evil". 

You can, from time to time, ignore some people if they annoy you but let's imagine that we are in public conversation in a caffe or a university, etc. and a person in the chatting group only follow his/her discourse-ideas and when someone interacts raising an objection or give reasons against some statement the first person simply ingnores him and continues to speak as if the is no other living people in the room, doing a monologue in a public group... It would be a weird behaviour...

The kind of text that results of this lack of interest in the voice of other people is very disturbing ... (to say the least).

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, damdao said:

You can, from time to time, ignore some people if they annoy you but let's imagine that we are in public conversation in a caffe or a university, etc. and a person in the chatting group only follow his/her discourse-ideas and when someone interacts raising an objection or give reasons against some statement the first person simply ingnores him and continues to speak as if the is no other living people in the room, doing a monologue in a public group... It would be a weird behaviour...

The kind of text that results of this lack of interest in the voice of other people is very disturbing ... (to say the least).

A double date I went on once meeting the other couple was exactly like this.

The Frenchman who came with his girlfriend talked nonstop, to the point that it felt more like he was giving a lecture, and he would get annoyed if I rolled my eyes or even raised an eyebrow when he would say silly things like, "The moon is an evil alien satellite out to control us and the true feminine is the earth; the ancient masters knew this!"

Replying and telling him no such thing is said in Daoism, he said, "They are wrong and people are remembering it wrong!" But upon revealing my background and language abilities, I went from being "just wrong" to "narrow-minded and toxic" before he went around telling people I was "narrow-minded and toxic"--not that many people listened, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I agree that the way awaken conducts herself shows a very limited capacity of engaging with others. Reciting the classics is good information but the level of her understanding and interaction with others is shallow.

What she is hiding is fear of an imaginary sense of authority of a topic.

IMO all topics should be discussed to have a broader spectrum of others perceptions. This is doing the real work and applying into the real world.

When someone shuts out the ability to have a discussion the information is a closed system.

Dead arts copies from the past. 

living arts are alive in ourselves to be passed down.

Obviously everyone else is wrong and have misunderstandings because after all it is a closed system.

Some may know my linage but it is open. If your school says sun and moon and someone's school says fire and water we know from experience that it is the same thing after all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is funny because I can not ask awaken. I am on ignore which is a good thing. Does she have any physical education?

The reason I ask is that she generally disregards chi gung or martial arts. On Wudang internal alchemy is only taught after a high standard of physical ability dissolving illness and quantity and quality of chi. Than one can sit in the cave to cultivate.

My suspicion is her wearing out the meditation mat with nothing to show in the real world. Could be wrong

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Some may know my linage but it is open. If your school says sun and moon and someone's school says fire and water we know from experience that it is the same thing after all. 

I know a guy who does Northern Mantis and he can fajin like me. We don't use the same exercises to build up, but we have more or less the same level of skill, where we can root and someone can fly backwards if they make the mistake of trying to shove us or dash into us, finding upon collision that we are a mix of a rubber wall and a metal wall.

By the fruits ye shall be known, but whether a man uses his own shit or horse shit to fertilize the seeds he has sewn, don't bother asking and enjoy the damned fruit when it's presented to you.

• Like 3

My first School was the Wha Lum Tam Tui Temple, northern Chinese praying mantis I was lucky at a young age to learn a true kung fu style. Then my journey led me to Tai Chi Chuan family styles before entering the gate of Wudang kung fu.

The fruits produced has enhanced my life greatly as well.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 3

I know there is supposed to be some deeper meaning to this post's title, but all I can think when I look at it is: "Well, they surely can't understand something if they are dead, can they?".

"Qi only on his lower abdomen" is such a misuse of the term. It is literally impossible to only have Qi in one's lower abdomen. All forms of Qi used for cultivation must pass through one's entire body from time to time. No Qi that estagnates on one place and doesn't move is a healthy form of Qi useable for cultivation. Only cold-dampness Xie Qi has such characteristic.

• Like 5

In another thread awaken said this about me just having a conversation,,,,,

"This person has no pre-heaven Qi at all, but is talking about it, which is very inappropriate behavior

So I don't want to talk to blind people like this" says awaken 

Just physically speaking of pre heaven Chi (Jing ) a person would have no fusion of parents to be born. meaning some one was dead before living. A major misunderstanding of terms. I will not even get into the non physical aspects of pre heaven chi at the moment

Anyone alive has pre heaven Jing. It is obvious of the arrogance and ignorance of awakens understanding of basic terms

More insults follow just " trying" to having a conversation.

A red flag is being raised, Buyer beware. 

• Like 1

搬運法扭曲真相的力量,永遠不容忽視

感謝這個論壇提供了忽視這些人的網站功能

The power of the transport method to distort the truth can never be ignored

Thanks to this forum for the site feature that ignores these people

在我閱讀丹道經典的過程,搬運法勢力非常大,竄改經典的惡形惡狀,到處都是

在網路上搬運法扭曲真相的能力,也非常大

經過和幾位資深網站管理者談過後,決定跟這些人劃清界線,避免浪費自己的修行時間在與這些人做無謂的爭論上面

這是我的選擇,也請選擇看我的文章的朋友注意一下,這些人都是被我列入忽略名單,在那裡集體對我做霸凌行為的,我當然為這種行為感到不齒,但是我只能選擇忽略他們

In the process of reading the classics of Dan Dao, the power of transfer method is very strong, and the evil shape and shape of the classics are tampered with, everywhere.

The ability to transfer method to distort the truth on the Internet is also very huge.

After talking with several senior website administrators, I decided to draw a clear line with these people and avoid wasting my time on unnecessary arguments with these people.

This is my choice, please also pay attention to those who choose to read my articles, these people are all on my ignore list, where they collectively bully me, of course I despise this kind of behavior, but I can only choose to ignore them

張伯端的文章當中,批評了不少關於搬運法的句子,可見得搬運法已經存在至少一千年了,有非常悠久的歷史,這不是我一個小小的修行者能改變得了的,我也不想改變這些搬運法信奉者的信仰,我只希望少一個人被欺騙,我就達到了我的目標了

In Zhang Boduan's article, he criticized a lot of sentences about the transfer method. It can be seen that the transfer method has existed for at least a thousand years and has a very long history. This is not something I can change as a small cultivator. I don't want to change the beliefs of these porters, I just want one less person to be deceived and I've reached my goal

關於搬運法的種種問題,我不會寫在這個主題,這個主題是我要用來寫悟真篇的

我有看到好幾個搬運法的人來圍攻我,這些人我都列入忽略名單了,只要讓我發現是搬運法的思想,我都一律列入忽略名單,畢竟時間要留給最重要的人,而不是給這些充滿敵意的人

I won't write about the various issues about the transfermethod, this topic is what I want to use to write the real article.

I have seen several people from the transfer method besieging me. These people are all on the ignore list. As long as I find out that it is the idea of the transfer method, I will all be on the ignore list. After all, time should be reserved for the most important people. people, not to these hostile people

我同樣也跟其他搬運法練習者但是還沒有被我知道你的意圖的人喊話,如果你不希望我把你列入忽略名單,如果你是真心想要跟我溝通,請你收起你的敵意,拿出你的善意,否則我不想跟你這種充滿敵意的人互動,這是這個網站給我的權限

否則你明明知道我把你列入忽略名單,你還來這裡留言,很明顯的,你就是來攻擊我的,像你這種充滿敵意的企圖心,我不想跟你這樣的人互動是很正常的事情

I've also spoken to other people who practice the transfer method but I haven't been called by anyone who I know of your intentions, if you don't want me to put you on the ignore list, if you really want to communicate with me, please put away your Hostility, show your kindness, otherwise I don't want to interact with a hostile person like you, this is the permission given to me by this website

Otherwise, you clearly know that I put you on the ignore list, and you still come here to leave a message. Obviously, you are here to attack me. It is normal for me to not want to interact with people like you with a hostile intention like you. 

Edited by awaken

果生枝上終期熟,子在胞中豈有殊。

Is it any different from a fetus in the womb when the fruit is expected to ripen eventually on the branch?

這段話是用來解釋胎仙就跟水果一樣,練到某個程度就會成熟。

但是我必須很誠實的說,搬運法的方法練一輩子也不會成熟,因為搬運法把下腹部跳動的氣當成胎。

另外我必須強調的是,搬運法練習者程度比較好的才會有下腹部跳動的氣,程度比較差的人,氣是沒辦法寧去在下腹部跳動的,只會全身繞圈,他們稱之為小周天。

所以如果有人說氣不會只有在下腹部,而是全身繞圈,那你就知道這個人的程度在哪裡,因為他的程度比其他搬運法的程度還要差。

氣的演化一開始都是大範圍大面積,隨著程度的加深,才會往內收斂,只有程度很差的人,才會一直產生大範圍的氣流。

所以我用下腹部的氣這個說法,其實還是針對搬運法練習者當中程度比較高的人,而非程度比較差的,氣只能在全身運行的人。

所以我們知道搬運法練到程度比較高了之後,他們會把在下腹部跳動的氣稱為胎兒,但事實上並非如此。

即使是在下腹部跳動的氣,依舊程度很差,依舊不是胎兒。

This passage is used to explain that fetal immortals are like fruits, and they will mature after a certain level of cultivation.

But I must honestly say that the method of transfer method will not mature for a lifetime, because the method of transfer method treats the beating air in the lower abdomen as a fetal immortal.

In addition, I must emphasize that only those who practice the transfer method have a higher level of qi that beats in the lower abdomen. For those with a relatively poor level, the qi can't be beaten in the lower abdomen, and they can only circle the whole body, which they call it XiauJoTian.

So if someone says that the qi will not only be in the lower abdomen, but will circle around the whole body, then you will know where the level of this person is, because his level is worse than that of other transfer methods.

The evolution of Qi starts with a large area. As the degree deepens, it will converge inward. Only those with a poor degree will always generate a large-scale airflow.

Therefore, when I use the term qi in the lower abdomen, it is actually aimed at people who have a relatively high degree of transfer method practitioners, not those who have a relatively poor degree and whose qi can only run in the whole body.

So we know that after the transfer method has been practiced to a relatively high level, they will call the qi beating in the lower abdomen a fetus, but in fact it is not the case.

Even the qi beating in the lower abdomen is still very poor, and it is still not a fetus.

有時候想到程度這麼差的人看這些文章,我都不知道該怎麼寫下去了。

程度差到連氣會越練越內斂這件事情都不懂,我都不知道怎麼寫胎仙了。

太難寫了。

Sometimes I don't even know how to write these articles when I think of such poor people reading these articles.

Their level is so bad that   even not understanding the fact that the more  practicing, the more introverted Qi is. I don't even know how to write a fetal immortal.

Too hard to write.

胎仙是陽生三階段產生的內景,直到產生真人的身影,就算是胎仙。

胎兒則是從陽生二階段產生的內景,都算胎兒。

嚴格來說,胎應該是指虛空玄關這個環境才算胎。

但是想到一堆搬運法練習者,連氣感收斂到腹部跳動都不懂,我實在不知道該如何說下去。

因為氣感收斂到腹部跳動之後,就會開啟烏肝光。

烏肝光之後領悟中觀不二,就會產生兔髓光。

產生兔髓光之後跟烏肝光交替出現,就會產生二階段陽生。

練到成熟了之後,就會產生三階段陽生。

三階段陽生演化成熟之後,就會產生胎仙。

所以程度差太多了,真的不知道從何說起啊。

Fetal Immortal is the interior scene produced in the third stage of Yang Sheng, until the figure of a real immortal is produced, even if it is Fetal Immortal.

The fetus is the interior scene produced from the second stage of yang birth, and is considered a fetus.

Strictly speaking, the embryo should refer to the environment of the void entrance.

But when I think of a group of practitioners of the transfer Method who don't even understand how their qi has converged to the point where their belly beats, I really don't know what to say.

Because the sense of qi converges to the beating of the abdomen, it will turn on the black liver light.

After comprehending the Madhyamika non-duality of black liver light, rabbit marrow light will be produced.

After the Rabbit Marrow Light appears alternately with the Black Liver Light, the second stage of Yang Sheng will occur.

After training to maturity, there will be three stages of yangsheng.

After the three stages of yang life evolve and mature, fetal immortals will be born.

So the level is so different, I really don't know where to start.

Edited by awaken

15 hours ago, awaken said:

The power of the transport method to distort the truth can never be ignored

Thanks to this forum for the site feature that ignores these people

In the process of reading the classics of Dan Dao, the power of transfer method is very strong, and the evil shape and shape of the classics are tampered with, everywhere.

The ability to transfer method to distort the truth on the Internet is also very huge.

After talking with several senior website administrators, I decided to draw a clear line with these people and avoid wasting my time on unnecessary arguments with these people.

This is my choice, please also pay attention to those who choose to read my articles, these people are all on my ignore list, where they collectively bully me, of course I despise this kind of behavior, but I can only choose to ignore them

In Zhang Boduan's article, he criticized a lot of sentences about the transfer method. It can be seen that the transfer method has existed for at least a thousand years and has a very long history. This is not something I can change as a small cultivator. I don't want to change the beliefs of these porters, I just want one less person to be deceived and I've reached my goal

I won't write about the various issues about the transfermethod, this topic is what I want to use to write the real article.

I have seen several people from the transfer method besieging me. These people are all on the ignore list. As long as I find out that it is the idea of the transfer method, I will all be on the ignore list. After all, time should be reserved for the most important people. people, not to these hostile people

I've also spoken to other people who practice the transfer method but I haven't been called by anyone who I know of your intentions, if you don't want me to put you on the ignore list, if you really want to communicate with me, please put away your Hostility, show your kindness, otherwise I don't want to interact with a hostile person like you, this is the permission given to me by this website

Otherwise, you clearly know that I put you on the ignore list, and you still come here to leave a message. Obviously, you are here to attack me. It is normal for me to not want to interact with people like you with a hostile intention like you. 

One of my favorite things about authoritarian personality types is that, in addition to their exaggeration and energy, they are able to cram so many different psychological complexes into only one tiny human container.

1. Hero complex: I'm here to save everyone.

2. Victim complex: Everyone is attacking me.

3. Messiah complex: Only I can save you with my special knowledge/ability that no one else has

4. Purity complex: Only I am righteous, other people are either evil...... or else an impure follower and I will teach them to be pure (if they are worshipful and obedient and never ask wrong questions!)

5. Paranoia complex: Everyone who disagrees with me is part of a cabal that secretly unites against me (the Transfer Method!!)

6. Prophet complex: Using my magic, I can know the energy of everyone I talk to on the internet" (Spoiler: everyone who disagrees with me has the dirty Qi of the tran!sfer method!!)

7. Missionary complex: I am on a divine mission, so I will ignore any information that might cause me to reconsider my divine mission. Why listen to people? I already talk to God!

8. Growing appetite complex: I said I'm only here to save 'one person' but I already have several students here.....so actually I just need........ one more!

9. Some more victim complex: I don't think you noticed my moaning the last 700 times I told you (Pity party from loving disciples is the cherry on top of being fully enlightened Tao master. Of course Lao Tzu rode the bull out of town because no one is giving him enough sympathy, so went to mountains in west to sulk, poor guy)

10. Fearmonger complex: If you don't follow my teachings, you will surely fail, get sick, go to hell, etc....................

It must be difficult to balance so many baggage and problems. No wonder so grumpy every day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

The first person to become hostile towards others is.....The award goes to....Awaken.

Congratulations  Awaken, your ignorance  is a very long list.

It must be lonely to be the only one posting in your own thread.

When questions, new insights, a growing living art is ignored this only leads to a dead art.

Redundancy of classical terms with no application is just mind clutter and useless information IMO.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 4

I have developed a new way to improve my meditation.   It is the "Ignored List" method.  When my thoughts stray, I would imagine put this person/thing/situation into the "ignored list", so that I have a calmer mind to continue.   The inspiration of course comes from....

Would it work?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think it would work up to a certain point. When a person/thing/situation upsets one to such an extend that it becomes impossible to meditate, to relax or to concentrate on other matters than it's best to (temporarily) avoid the person/thing/situation. But as one spiritually matures it should gradually become easier to tolerate obnoxious persons/things/situations without loosing one's cool. I personally haven't advances that far, and still use the Ignore List to block the nonsensical messages of a few Bums.

• Like 4

It is somewhat sad coming on and seeing the same few threads floating to the top of the forum, by the same individual...offering nothing in the way of a communal discussion, but rather just attempting (poorly) to proselytise.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this thread (and the others) should be relocated to a PPD? They are certainly not places for discussion...In fact any time someone attempts to initiate discussion it ends the same way (You are trash, ignore, and so forth) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this thread (and the others) should be relocated to a PPD? They are certainly not places for discussion...In fact any time someone attempts to initiate discussion it ends the same way (You are trash, ignore, and so forth) 

I've not bothered by Awaken's prolific posts as I know what to expect and only open the threads on those occasions when I want to read about black liver and so forth.  These posts may be more bothersome to other Bums who access the forum by reading everything that's unread, something I never do.  If you're serious about the idea of getting these threads moved to a PPD, may I suggest posting this suggestion in the Forum and Text support section and pinging the Mods to make sure you get noticed.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Master Logray said:

I have developed a new way to improve my meditation.   It is the "Ignored List" method.  When my thoughts stray, I would imagine put this person/thing/situation into the "ignored list", so that I have a calmer mind to continue.   The inspiration of course comes from....

Would it work?

I think it can work temporarily but, depending on your objectives, may give a false sense of progress and confidence. Things we ignore generally do not go away, they often gain power in our subconscious and return with a vengeance. When something. wants our attention, it will get it eventually. Meditation gives us an opportunity to work with this stuff. At least that’s my approach.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

It is somewhat sad coming on and seeing the same few threads floating to the top of the forum, by the same individual...offering nothing in the way of a communal discussion, but rather just attempting (poorly) to proselytise.

100% agree with you. Unfortunately even when we ignore these threads the same individual will go to others and insult their practices, followers etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

It is somewhat sad 

if it was really sad you would discover the ignore button. but you did not. so not sad at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Her threads seem more like a blog stream, or a preacher's net being cast, than a conversation; but as it doesn't seem to bother the mods and admin then they'll continue until she loses interest.  C'est la vie. 

I tried for a time to ferret about for relevant info being offered in a couple of them, but the language barrier proved inhibiting. 

When she turned belligerent, I blocked her and moved on.  Life is too short, and the day is too long to spend energy there.

Very effective to scroll passed.

• Like 4