Does the Lost Word exist?

Someone believes that there is a word or phrase that is the first, the forgotten but the most powerful, the most secret, the one that contains the essence and power of the Creator or even is the lost name of God, sought by freemasons, sufis, rosicrucians, occultists, cabalists, hermetists, yogis and mystics of all time.

I give the word to you.

• Thanks 1

This concept is from western alchemy a.k.a. Christian alchemy. The Word of God is every living being’s life essence, it is never lost, but just forgotten, or unaware of by most people.

• Like 1

An excerpt from the Bible may hint us on what Christianity actually teaches :

5 And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.

6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.

8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

[ Numbers 12:5 - 12:8 KJV ]

God told Moses how to become holy and unite with God, in plain and explicit language, because Moses was so devoted.

But what about other people, who are not as sincere and devoted as Moses ? For them, dark speeches, such as metaphors, analogies, etc. are used.

Western alchemy & Kabbalah both agree that the Bible has multiple layers of meaning, only those with profound wisdom can see through the surface meanings and find out the hidden messages.

Similar views can also be found in eastern religions. For example, the Lotus Sutra states explicitly that different living beings, according to their own Roots and Vessels, may gain different understandings on the Dharma. Some ancient Zen masters said that the Lotus Sutra has nine layers of meaning, which can be mapped to nine levels of practice.

Edited by alphone
  • Like 1

Is the "lost word" a metaphor?   

For example Doris Lessing refers to the energy line that linked Earth to Heaven being broken

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eduardo said:

Does the Lost Word exist?

Someone believes that there is a word or phrase that is the first, the forgotten but the most powerful, the most secret, the one that contains the essence and power of the Creator or even is the lost name of God, sought by freemasons, sufis, rosicrucians, occultists, cabalists, hermetists, yogis and mystics of all time.

I give the word to you.

How ?  .... when it takes  3 to communicate that word  ?

• Like 1

Don't know about any kind of holy grail, super powered lost word, but I do know the study of kotodama, sacred sounds is worthwhile.  Most cultures have a version.   Sometimes partly hidden in chants and songs, or infront of us, like Ma, mom, ohhmn. 

Personally I dig Abulafiah's Kabbalah as popularized in Ecstatic Kabbalah.  Shinto chanting is also fascinating. 

• Like 1

Its a tripartite word  ( another '3 in 1'  :)  ) and Kabbalisticly *   it relates to the   'one' but  made of 3 parts compounded from the Supernals .... the three needed to pronounce it also relate to those 3 Supernals  ( in the symbolism of Prophet, Priest and King . )

In the old school Royal Arch ritual   it was all acted out ; You have gone through the Blue Lodge ( the 3 degrees that represent the stages of life, birth and death ) , you are 'dead' ... and thats it , basically ... oh yeah, and some lamenting about a lost word that is lost forever and never found  - tragedy !      ( and 'officially' that is it , as the Blue Lodge is the only real recognised valid lodge ) .   What a place to leave people !   :D  

I suspect it is  a bit of a trick, as you can do your 4th degree in a 'Royal Arch '  recognised and valid 'red' Lodge ..... anyway .... in you go , waiting at the door, all the usual stuff from before , you know your pass word and can prove your level  ( a qualified  mason ) ... now you are a ' Journey Man' , you have a trade and qualifications and now, with your understandings , you can travel the world and meet other people and cultures to expand your views, and be able to get work   ( after that you would become a real master by taking on your own apprentice )  - as it used to work 'in real  life' .  In the Blue lodge  you are enacting this mystically ; you are a journey man, you go in and are placed in a waiting area , with maybe some other 'candidates ' , and awaiting assignment as a mason , working on .....  Solomon's Temple  !    A foreman comes out ; " Sorry fellahs , no work today ... nothing , maybe later  ... in the meantime , we do have one job that needs doing  .... anyone want to dig out the toilet pit ? '

What !  Me ?  I'm a stone mason !   I aint digging no toilet .      Maybe one guy or more  .... or maybe you ,  go  " Oh, what the hell , I guess it needs doing , I'll do it . "  So you go in, they give you a shovel and you get in a pit and start digging ...... eventually ,  clunk !  Whats that ?

Big commotion, they dig it up and its a box with treasures including a .... thingy  ( secret ;)  ) that they stick back together and realise ....  Its the lost word !  You have found and restored the sacred word   ( which is a 'restorative ' word itself ) .

( This is supposedly what happened with the Knights Templar when they stayed at the Temple and undertook excavations )

And what is that word  ?   ... Well, cant say, can I as there are not 3 of me  :)

Oh, and the guys that are waiting outside for the mason's job  ?        I guess they are still waiting .

* the OP refers mostly to this word, as  seen by traditions mentioned  but throwing 'yogis' into that mix could be the 'odd man out' 

( regarding actual word, ie. language spoken )

Is it really a magical word ?   Any 'siddhis' I have witnesses have only been the ones acted out in ritual when the word is used , so no ... its symbolic acting for teaching purposes .  The importance is more in the analysis of the word  ( and by now we have moved  way beyond the  Masonic versions of these rituals ) in the rituals 'knowledge lecture ' , and specifically the Qabbalistic   complex analysis of that word  on multiple levels .  Which is why any candidate to the 4th degree ( 'life beyond death' ) must already be well versed in such Qabbalistic symbolism and hermetic cross referencing  - on that level the word is   awesome  :)  

None of that is required for the Freemasons though , even in Royal Arch ... they have not got a clue ... even though its on their aprons ... clearer on the old aprons as  Hebrew letters  , on the modern one's its devolved to decorative  curlicues .

I even showed a Freemason on  an old apron - we were talking in the display museum at Sydney Masonic centre  .... I just strolled in, nodding at the guy on the door confidently and started walking around  :)  - Eventually a guide found me  and we where looking at old regalia in display cases . I noted    how the 4 corner decos where Hebrew letters and a 5th intruding , from the top centre downwards was as well .   He said they where just old decorations but their teaching meaning was more important , it was about  Jesus coming,  in fire, to change things .

Me;  " Yes, but its on the on the apron in Hebrew , look ;  each corner , yod, he, vau, he - Jehovah  - God . letter in the middle  descending is shin , 'shh' , elemental fire .  Jehovah plus shin is   Jaheshua -  literally  a savior; a deliverer. . .' Jesus' .  Jesus comes from God, in fire to change and save the world , you know  ' Igne Natura Renovatur Integra ' - all of nature is renewed by fire . "

Guide :   "   .......    wot  ?   :blink:  " 

• Like 3

On 7/16/2022 at 12:54 AM, Nungali said:

Me;  " Yes, but its on the on the apron in Hebrew , look ;  each corner , yod, he, vau, he - Jehovah  - God . letter in the middle  descending is shin , 'shh' , elemental fire .  Jehovah plus shin is   Jaheshua -  literally  a savior; a deliverer. . .' Jesus' .  Jesus comes from God, in fire to change and save the world , you know  ' Igne Natura Renovatur Integra ' - all of nature is renewed by fire . "

The YodHehVavHeh , reminds me of one of favorite pieces of kotodama, canticle really.  From Rawn Clark YHVH practice, somewhat based on the Hermeticist Franz Bardon's work.  There are 6 levels of the chant, plus a healing method.  Simple but it get increasingly complicated. 

Here they are if anyone cares to try it- http://abardoncompanion.de/IHVH-Info.html

• Thanks 1