Sign in to follow this  
SilentHand

New mystic here

Hello everyone,

I forget how I found this forum.

I have a Christian background and I would call myself a Christian, but I also gravitate heavily towards Yoga (however I am not religious at all and find any devotional religious overtones very off putting). I don't personally subscribe to Buddhism however it is a valid path and there are many good insights there (the goal is just a little too ultimate for those who still want to participate in this world in my opinion).

My particular interests within Yoga are Japa and Ajapa Mantra. I look forward to browsing here and occasionally participating with you all!

Edited by SilentHand
  • Like 1

Fundamentally  , Christianity , Buddhism and Taoism are talking about the same thing. While  in Christianity , you get a father-like figure that creates  the universe,  in Buddhism and Taoism , you get no creators but  the  Buddha heart and the Taoist Cosmic Mind( '天心') that form the same system ;  the emphasize of them on a super Spirit , exists everywhere and beyond time,  is the same . It is stupid to be fooled by  varied national interpretations of  such a Spirit  , Its  essence  common ,  yet its appearances trivial but deceptive   . Although this Spirit and Its split billions of individuals' minds ,  their relation can be  intricate , the unity of  any individual with that  Mighty One is the essence of his cultivation . Taoist cultivation 's significance lied  in its identification  of  that Spiritual power's embodiment in the body  , now called the Yang-jing ,  hidden in the lower abdomen  . Such an identification  makes the start of such any individual's practice   much easier .  Sex drive is now no longer anything negative in opposite to  people's cultivation , but thing positive : just cultivate jing and make it as  qi, cultivate qi and make it as Shen , then Shen into that Cosmic Mind ..

Edited by exorcist_1699

Sign in to follow this