Sign in to follow this  
Rakiel

Opening the leg channels?

Lately I've been experiencing incredible chi sensations in the legs but mostly in the yongquan points. When practicing qigong my yonquan points feel full of vibrant energy. It feels like I'm standing on giant fluffy chi balls. I've been practicing Emei Wuji Gong lately so maybe that has something to do with it. I find it odd because in all my time practicing spring forest qigong which also involves bending the knees slightly while standing I've never experienced anything like this.

In this Wuji Gong form there is a lot of twisting and bending at the waist and knees. Maybe that was the trick to unblock them? The sensation can be achieved easily now even not in practice and I also feel a deeper connection with my laogong points also. Maybe I'm not really asking a question but I'm just unfamiliar with the legs and arms so much . I was hoping it is a sign of deepening my practice.

How important this is. It would be impossible to explain this using words. I call it the PATH TO UNLOCKING YOUR TRUE SELF.

Quoting the main training method of Chinese internal martial artist, Ma Gui:

"Ma Gui advocated a rigorous approach to training with a heavy emphasis on developing extraordinary lower leg strength. According to current Ma Gui Style Baguazhang teacher Li Baohua, "The Baguazhang passed on by Ma Gui emphasizes the lower basin walking, so his lower legs were extremely thick. Lower basin walking means that the strength of the whole body is concentrated on the lower legs and feet, using the hidden strength of the bones and tendons. Ma Gui's lower legs were so developed that the shin bone was completely protected by tissue. He often had Liu Wanchuan (Li Baohua's grandmaster) look at his shins, and would occasionally allow people to hit them with wooden or iron staffs."

Ma Gui would often wear a sand filled jacket on his body or a sand filled belt around his waist or legs for strength training and would also attach ropes on nearby trees to make a netting, and then train under the netting. The netting would ensure that he stayed low. Ma Gui was also known to demonstrate his strength by Bagua circle walking underneath a three foot high table.

While an impressive feat, the majority of Ma Gui's leg training was not done through walking at such an extremely low level, but rather was cultivated by countless hours of his system's "bear walking:" slow concentrated circle-walking in a horse stancethat dramatically transforms the large tendon lines from neck to feet and strengthens the entire body."

Amen to that!

Source:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Gui_(martial_artist)

Sign in to follow this