Vajra Fist

Blocking a user?

Is there any way to stop seeing someone's posts and comments here?

There's quite a bit of spamming going on, most of it gibberish at least to me.

• Like 3

Example post:

"One of the highest levels is when hu reaches jintao. When this happens, deng xiaoping occurs. Many times, some people get jiang, which is really another name for xiannan.

Most people haven't reached this level, especially people on this forum, who are very low level. They haven't even achieved rabbit foot yet, let alone black mamba."

1611259167490.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

Example post:

"One of the highest levels is when hu reaches jintao. When this happens, deng xiaoping occurs. Many times, some people get jiang, which is really another name for xiannan.

Most people haven't reached this level, especially people on this forum, who are very low level. They haven't even achieved rabbit foot yet, let alone black mamba."

1611259167490.jpg

Almost every thread is like this nowadays, it's getting tiring

I've started reporting their posts where they attack other users too, it's becoming unacceptable.

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 4

Does it even mean something? I have just now searched some of those terms and they happen to be the names of Chinese politicians! :unsure: So it looks like trolling. Perhaps move it to the political part and deal with it there, that is unless the poster can explain what all those terms have to do with Taoist cultivation.

3 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Does it even mean something? I have just now searched some of those terms and they happen to be the names of Chinese politicians! :unsure: So it looks like trolling. Perhaps move it to the political part and deal with it there, that is unless the poster can explain what all those terms have to do with Taoist cultivation.

If you ask for clarification they put you on their ignore list then create a new thread with the same thing posted. Just take a look at the Daoist discussion section, like half the threads there are created by them and if you look at the column on the right most of the last comments are posted by them. There is no escape.

• Like 1

I suggest that the moderators themselves ask the posters for clarification. Then if nothing satisfactory is forthcoming, the posters should be banned for spamming. Or if the posters say that the posts are indeed about politics or about politicians then the posts should be moved to the appropriate part of the forum and dealt with there. At least that's what I would do.

43 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Just take a look at the Daoist discussion section, like half the threads there are created by them and if you look at the column on the right most of the last comments are posted by them. There is no escape.

I don't see them. Could you post some links?

4 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

I don't see them. Could you post some links?

Not including the pinned threads, 12 out of 27 threads have been created by them, and 14 out of 27 threads have them as the last comment, probably because everyone else gave up on those threads. What's even more concerning is that some Chinese speaking users have said that their translations to English are incorrect (done via Google Translate), but they are giving teaching and instructions to many users on this site! This could be potentially dangerous for them if they do things incorrectly.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 12.08.16 PM.png

I have been away from this side for quite some time so I don't know what you mean. Could you please post some links to specific spamming posts so I can see for myself?

4 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

There's quite a bit of spamming going on, most of it gibberish at least to me.

@Vajra Fist

Tap on your name in the top right corner and the drop down list should include "Ignored users."

Tap on the link and add as many members as you'd like to the list. 

Voila!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

7 minutes ago, steve said:

Tap on your name in the top right corner and the drop down list should include "Ignored users."

Voila!

One of the best under-used features here at TDBs!  :D;)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, steve said:

@Vajra Fist

Voila!

Much obliged!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Just for clarification, this isn't an actual post, but rather it's my attempt at satire. Apologies for not stating that clearer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

Just for clarification, this isn't an actual post, but rather it's my attempt at satire. Apologies for not stating that clearer. 

Ah! :lol: The satire was so good that I took it for the real thing. That clears up a lot. :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Trunk said:

One of the best under-used features here at TDBs!  :D;)

Just an FYI: You also then have to click the gear symbol under their name to select which content you ignore. I thought simply adding them to the list was enough.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Not including the pinned threads, 12 out of 27 threads have been created by them, and 14 out of 27 threads have them as the last comment, probably because everyone else gave up on those threads. What's even more concerning is that some Chinese speaking users have said that their translations to English are incorrect (done via Google Translate), but they are giving teaching and instructions to many users on this site! This could be potentially dangerous for them if they do things incorrectly.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 12.08.16 PM.png

This is what personal practice forums were created for. It's not the first time we've had a situation like this, and it certainly detracts from the flow of group discussion that makes this place valuable, and occasionally golden.

The user may have good intentions so no need to bash but rather use the tools and structures created for these issues.

Mandrake

1 hour ago, Mandrake said:

This is what personal practice forums were created for. It's not the first time we've had a situation like this, and it certainly detracts from the flow of group discussion that makes this place valuable, and occasionally golden.

The user may have good intentions so no need to bash but rather use the tools and structures created for these issues.

Mandrake

I’m bashing not just because of the spamming everywhere but harassment of other users and lack of respect for other systems and religions. 

• Like 3

I died with the rabbit's foot and the black mamba, LOL

Edited by Eduardo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

I’m bashing not just because of the spamming everywhere but harassment of other users and lack of respect for other systems and religions. 

Which I agree doesn't have a place here.

M

• Like 3