steve

Original Dao Bums

9 hours ago, Apech said:

What are we arguing about?  Can I join in?

You better keep your mouth shut  ..... or I tell everyone about how you picked that dog up by the back legs and pushed him around like a wheelbarrow when you where 6 . 

Also , I suggest you armour up and grab some arrows, apparently the mongol hordes are sweeping down from the plains  ....

hang on , I will have a peek through the gate .... oh !  no one is there .

Better send out some invitations .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Apech said:

Thanks.

Belatedly I would be in favour of letting people back if they agree to stick to board guidelines.

But what board guidelines ?   The pinned notices ?  APPARENTLY some are defunct or do not matter any more ... according to some . 

3834852.jpg

8 hours ago, Apech said:

As a soft lefty and a cultivator I have a basic belief in the divine essence/buddha nature in everyone and that even people who hold conflicting views  on politics or whatever are redeemable.  It seems to me that the basis of this place is that we believe in the 'great work' and our 'discussions on the way' are here to help people and not to label them or condemn them for eternity.  While banning is a useful tool for cooling down the board or for cleaning it up periodically - but that is it.  So ... anyway ... can't wait to chat to the sock puppets.

cat-attack-5gi-prints.jpg

7 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

I don't get it. What has one issue got to do with the other? :huh:

I have secret inside information on bannings    :)  .

... very secret ....

... so secret even I dont know what the information is   ;) 

... wait a minute ... dint you wheelbarrow a dog once too ?

6 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Luke's Revised Fairy Tales

both scorpion and frog are overcome with love for each other and their newfound spirit of mutual appreciation.  They reach the other side and go their separate ways but never forget that beautiful moment when seeming enemies, against all odds, worked together for the common good.

Well, Luke, you might be happy to know that is NOT such a fairy tale ..... in times of drought all sorts of animals that might be predator or prey drink at the waterhole , waiting turns for each group,  and no one hunts or kills each other  .

....  well, until they leave the waterhole  ..... still gotta eat in a drought .

Spoiler

I'm such a bitch  .... I could have left out the last bit and let him be happy      :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nungali said:

But what board guidelines ?   The pinned notices ?  APPARENTLY some are defunct or do not matter any more ... according to some . 

The litmus test which has always worked for me is to ask - would I want to be a member of a forum with standards so low they would allow me to become a member?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, zerostao said:

True, after all, everything is disconnected, nothing relates to anything else.

In fact, a case could be made, has been made, that ones banned from this community and then allowed to return, should be the ones in charge, overlooking, deciding how the site is run.

Well, I imagine that really cleared it up for him . ... in your usual crystal clear clarity form .

Since you made an announcement about my bannings, I guess I am the most relevant one you might be referring to ?

I hear by declare, from now on

we  go along with what the site owner asked , he is at the top of this wacky pyramid ,  then, to create the proper triangular arrangement beneath that , I would think things defer to the yin  and yang of  Trunk and Steve  ( and no, I am not going to venture an opinion on who is what ... it will of course fluctuate ) .

Below that , the mod minions , who should be obedient to their superiors         :)

and below that ..... what was that phrase a while back that caused a fluff ? ... oh yeah ;

the unwashed masses .

44 minutes ago, zerostao said:

I don’t think anyone has suggested allowing the ones who were banned to be allowed to return.

No , but you suggested I  suggested that these people that where not banned are allowed to return  .... and that is ironic because I was banned .... even though they where never banned in the first place .

Hope that cleared up every thing for everyone  .

43 minutes ago, zerostao said:

@Nungali

No worries, matey. There isn’t/ wasn’t any issue. You can keep arguing of course. 

Okay then, thanks for permission to keep arguing .

if there never was or is not any issue .....

then why did you bring it up in the first place ?

-no need to answer ... just think on that for a bit  ..... mate .

7 hours ago, Apech said:

Dear Scorp,

Just a note to let you know that me and the spawn are doing well.  Last year we moved to a new pond and have our own lily pad.  Unfortunately old uncle Toad croaked last month, we buried him under the willow which was a very sad day - but hey, fond memories last for ever!  Apart from that I just carry on.  Finding some time for fly fishing and the daily swim keeps me fit and healthy.

Yours in love,

Froggy.

Froggy,

Swimming?  Fishing? Are you serious.  Here’s me slaving at three jobs in the desert just to send money to you.  It was for shoes and school books for the little spawn - not a new lily pad!  I feel used.

Oh Froggy you had your fun,  you broke my heart in pieces … and all the while I think of you standing there, the sun glinting on your slimey skin,  and I knew you were the one!  I would slither back to you if I only could.  But then you’d be having your way with a lady frog.

Curse you Froggy for making me love you.

my heart bleeds,

Scorpiona Stingetti.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

Okay then, thanks for permission to keep arguing .

if there never was or is not any issue .....

then why did you bring it up in the first place ?

-no need to answer ... just think on that for a bit  ..... mate .

You’re welcome !

oh, I thought it over before posting it.

no need to over think most things.

你們大多是美國人吧?

我知道你們在討論美國的政治

但是我對美國的政治毫無興趣

我自己的QQ社群也禁止討論政治

因為我人在台灣

QQ在中國大陸

討論政治是沒有結果的

即使在台灣,討論政治也非常兩極化

因此只要是我自己當管理員的地方

基本上都踢掉政治狂熱者

Are you mostly Americans?

I know you're discussing American politics

But I have no interest in American politics

My own QQ community is also forbidden to discuss politics

Because I am in Taiwan

QQ in mainland China

Talking about politics is fruitless

Even in Taiwan, discussion of politics is very polarized

So as long as it is where I am the administrator

basically kick out the political zealots

• Like 1

One could "kick out the political zealots" or one could let them have a separate hidden sub-forum to do their thing. The latter is probably the most considerate for those who cannot stop talking politics even when on a spiritual forum. ^_^

Edited by wandelaar

11 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

One could "kick out the political zealots" or one could let them have a separate hidden sub-forum to do their thing. The latter is probably the most considerate for those who cannot stop talking politics even when on a spiritual forum. ^_^

這裡是論壇,可以設立子論壇,這樣確實是最好的選擇

不過我所管理的QQ不是論壇,而是類似line群組的地方,只有一個對話空間

所以當一個人充滿了政治腦袋,他會佔用版面

影響環境的氣場

所以不踢出去的話會造成他人的困擾

Here is the forum, you can set up a sub-forum, which is indeed the best choice

However, the QQ I manage is not a forum, but a place similar to a line group, with only one dialogue space

So when a man is full of political brains, he takes up the page

He will affect the aura of the environment

So if you don't kick it out, it will cause trouble for others.

• Like 1

You're right. In your case there is no alternative. Politics - especially in our polarized world - tends to overwhelm al other discussions when given free reign. A sure way to spoil the friendly atmosphere within a diverse gathering of people is to start a political discussion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awaken said:

你們大多是美國人吧?

我知道你們在討論美國的政治

但是我對美國的政治毫無興趣

我自己的QQ社群也禁止討論政治

因為我人在台灣

QQ在中國大陸

討論政治是沒有結果的

即使在台灣,討論政治也非常兩極化

因此只要是我自己當管理員的地方

基本上都踢掉政治狂熱者

Are you mostly Americans?

I know you're discussing American politics

But I have no interest in American politics

My own QQ community is also forbidden to discuss politics

Because I am in Taiwan

QQ in mainland China

Talking about politics is fruitless

Even in Taiwan, discussion of politics is very polarized

So as long as it is where I am the administrator

basically kick out the political zealots

Or at least don't expressly invite them in! :D

And no, I'm from Switzerland, where we often view American politics with a sense of astonishment. :huh:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Or at least don't expressly invite them in! :D

And no, I'm from Switzerland, where we often view American politics with a sense of astonishment. :huh:

你的氣質很優雅

高尚

給我一種舒服的感覺

你是我第一個接觸到的瑞士人
我也有經常注意到你的發言
帶著寧靜的氣質和理性

you have a very elegant temperament

noble

make me feel comfortable

You were the first Swiss I met
I have also often noticed your speech
With serenity and rationality
Thumbs up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, zerostao said:

You’re welcome !

oh, I thought it over before posting it.

no need to over think most things.

Especially when one can simply avoid answering the questions with cryptic or obscure replies .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 6:07 AM, Earl Grey said:

No comment disappeared. It was mine, quoted above, mistakenly attributed to thelerner. 

I may be wary of the mod team, but I believe in truth, fairness, and justice, but mainly truth above all. Nobody hid or deleted anything.

Peace out.

On 5/3/2022 at 6:15 AM, thelerner said:

I too was wondering what I may have said.   I assume it was quite awhile ago. added (unless it was about the practice that must Not Be Named..for fear of vast wasteland of redundant pages) I haven't been active much.  I haven't been to the Original Dao in a long time,  not sure I've ever even posted there.  My past is a mystery, even to me.

Anyhow, it's a loss.  Running and modding a site is work, sometimes anxious heart rending work.  My compliments to Zhangzhi for keeping it going for so long, all sites tend to be uphill battles.  I'd love to start skimming the Original Dao site while its still up.  I'm sure there's much gold there, as the OD admin said politics made it darker.  Many of the TB members who migrated there were excellent, eccentric, problematic at times, but they had heart and knowledge. 

I'm not a mod but personally I wouldn't mind them coming back to the site.  I'd certainly ask them to acknowledge that politics, clingy one sided, insulting politics are poisonous.  Sometimes you gotta say, what you gotta say, but WE'RE NOT A POLITICAL SITE- RIGHT OR LEFT OR WRONG.   If you have to say something political, spit it out, and leave it lying there like turd, don't defend or keeping going back to educate others.  This is not the place to 'OWN' anybody.

At our best we're an eclectic philosophy site, who's member shoot the shit and respect each other. 

Been watching the series- Godless on Netflix.  Lately my verbage is filled w/ old West cliches.  apologies, now git you doggies.

My post above explains that you did not say anything about it on this thread as Ralis and Silent Thunder referenced while the latter misquoted you.

To the surprise of nobody, my explanation was overlooked and unacknowledged.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, awaken said:

你的氣質很優雅

高尚

給我一種舒服的感覺

你是我第一個接觸到的瑞士人
我也有經常注意到你的發言
帶著寧靜的氣質和理性

you have a very elegant temperament

noble

make me feel comfortable

You were the first Swiss I met
I have also often noticed your speech
With serenity and rationality
Thumbs up

Thank you for your kind words.

I noticed your posts too. They demonstrate your passion for and profound understanding of internal alchemy and qigong and, just as importantly, your willingness to freely share your knowledge and help anyone who comes with an open mind and honest heart.

You are a real asset for this site. 🙂

Cheers!

Michael 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Thank you for your kind words.

I noticed your posts too. They demonstrate your passion for and profound understanding of internal alchemy and qigong and, just as importantly, your willingness to freely share your knowledge and help anyone who comes with an open mind and honest heart.

You are a real asset for this site. 🙂

Cheers!

Michael 

感謝你的肯定

我來這裡是為了宣揚丹道

從老子,魏伯陽,呂洞賓,張伯端一脈相承下來的丹道

雖然過程很辛苦

遇到很多阻撓

但是這裡並非全部是搬運法的練習者

有像你這類的真心行者

才讓我想要在這裡繼續講下去

Thank you for your affirmation

I'm here to preach Dando

From Lao Tzu, Wei Boyang, Lv Dongbin, Zhang Boduan, Inheritance Dan Dao

Although the process is difficult

encountered many obstacles

But it's not all practitioners of the handling method here.

There are true walkers like you

That's what makes me want to continue sharing here

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wandelaar said:

You're right. In your case there is no alternative. Politics - especially in our polarized world - tends to overwhelm al other discussions when given free reign. A sure way to spoil the friendly atmosphere within a diverse gathering of people is to start a political discussion.

I don't know why politics should even be discussed on this site at all. There are so many places to discuss it, but very few places to discuss cultivation.

• Like 4

@ Pak_Satrio

I agree, and that has always been my own position too. But there are people who can't help themselves and who just have to discuss politics wherever they go. It's to satisfy those people and to avoid the accusation of political censorship that it's best to tolerate a separate subforum for politics as a kind of spiritual smoking cabin when that option is available.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

@ Pak_Satrio

I agree, and that has always been my own position too. But there are people who can't help themselves and who just have to discuss politics wherever the go. It's to satisfy those people and to avoid the accusation of political censorship that it's best to tolerate a separate subforum for politics as a kind of spiritual smoking cabin when that option is available.

I agree. That is a good compromise. 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:41 AM, Earl Grey said:

My post above explains that you did not say anything about it on this thread as Ralis and Silent Thunder referenced while the latter misquoted you.

To the surprise of nobody, my explanation was overlooked and unacknowledged.

pehaps not overlooked, just unacknowledged. 
And now acknowledged.

I never thought @thelerner had posted that on this thread.

ralis has a tendency to quote a lot out of context, or claim someone said something that they never said, but hey, that’s ralis. And here on TDB we welcome his contributions to our discussions on the way.

thank you @ralis for your continued participation all of these years with your fellow bums.

I personally value your commentarys whether we agree or disagree on any topic.

the post by @silent thunder caught my attention, even if I didn’t acknowledge it, then, now acknowledged. My thought was/is his post expressed genuine concern for the health and well being of this site. And that concern, shared by ralis, you, others, voiced here on this thread or elsewhere.
and it is something thought over by myself, and every member of staff here and probably a great many bums.

Beginning this thread @steve named a few bums. Of course steve  didn’t mention steve, nor did he mention thelerner. 
this site owes a great gratitude to both of them. 
Just before it was decided to form another mod team, was that on or about June 2020 ? I openly called out/upon thelerner to be the gatekeeper and I was delighted that he accepted that role of service and he also captained forming the new mod team, choosing steve as his co-captain.
I didn’t directly reach out to steve even if I saw steve along with thelerner and trunk as the ones most likely capable of keeping this site up and running. I knew I didn’t have to call on steve, myself, because I knew without any doubt that thelerner and @Trunk would do that and it would be better received by steve coming from those two.

Now, and it has been for awhile that @ilumairen minds the gate. Everyone should have complete confidence in her abilities and service to TDB as gatekeeper and mod.

Although steve already mentioned @dwai at the beginning of this thread, I want to echo the appreciation.

I also want to acknowledge @Apech and his thoughtful talent that keeps the vibe of this site where it needs to be. It cannot be overestimated regarding his contributions to TDB

and also I want to positively acknowledge ralis, Nungali, Earl Grey, as the not overlooked and not unacknowledged trio of mod critics, a useful counterbalance to the mods, and a benefit for TDB

I could go on and on naming bums that I appreciate on this forum, but hey, it’s Friday night, we all have lives outside of this forum, eh

Good weekend to everyone, thank you ALL

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1