steve

Original Dao Bums

50 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I prefaced my suggestion of welcoming back the OD members with the phrase "if there's no big objection."  Well, there's been a big objection!  So as far as I'm concerned my idea is off the table and I'm fine with that.

I object to the table as well - we don't need extra furniture in here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

I prefaced my suggestion of welcoming back the OD members with the phrase "if there's no big objection."  Well, there's been a big objection!  So as far as I'm concerned my idea is off the table and I'm fine with that.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and warmth. 

And I think we can always use an extra table, if only to put the occasional decision or discussion on pause…

;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

How can everything be ever said about matters of spirituality and cultivation for people who  genuinely care for those things? :o This only underlines that such topics were not the primary interest of the majority of members to begin with. It's quite telling that the political part was thriving, while the spiritual part was starving to death!

Well, if you guys want to see that kind of shift in emphasis happen here on TDB again, go ahead... Inviting them all back in is a sure way to go!

images-34.jpg

Well - apparently you prefer to reason about what happened on Original Dao on the basis of your own preconceptions instead of on the basis of facts and reports of those who were actually there. Did you bother to look at the Original Dao forum to see what kind of site it was? Do you seriously think that a spiritual forum can thrive with only a few active members left?

However I trust that my description of what happened to Original Dao will be of use to some others who are more interested in finding out the truth than in waging ideological wars. 

15 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Well guys, I just checked the welcome queue, and it was empty.

Thank you for your diligence ;  )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Original Dao slowly died out. Some followed Starjumper when he left to start his own forum, others just stopped posting long ago. There may be some 10 or even less ex-members of Original Dao willing to (re)join this forum. Don't expect an invasion. ;-)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, steve said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm and warmth. 

And I think we can always use an extra table, if only to put the occasional decision or discussion on pause…

;)

I would be pleased to donate some cushions for a tea table instead of a coffee table, lol.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, steve said:

I guess I'm missing something here, did @thelerner post info about this somewhere?

Well if you're missing it, I am now as well.

It was in this conversation and talked about sock puppet accounts being here now and him recognizing one in particular.

The comment seems to be hidden or deleted.

• Thanks 1

Sean also asked the Anthropogenic Global Warming deniers to leave. There is one signed in at this very moment. 

Edited by ralis

Is there a list somewhere on this site where one can check if one happens to entertain an opinion that is anathema to Sean? Is one asked to leave in such an occasion?

11 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Is there a list somewhere on this site where one can check if one happens to entertain an opinion that is anathema to Sean? Is one asked to leave in such an occasion?

As I said I have had enough of political debates so I didn't read the whole of Sean's post, but this seems to be the most important:

We might need a bullet list. Here we go:

• If you're pro-Trump, please leave.
  • If you're right-wing, please leave.
  • If you're pro-border wall, pro-ICE, racist, homophobic, transphobic or misogynist, please fuck off and leave.

Or did I miss something. And what is ICE supposed to mean?

30 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

wandelaar,

I hope you won't leave if you find yourself at ideological odds with Sean.  At one point Sean did ask those who disagreed with various points to go, but that was then, this is now.  If the moderators want to throw you (or anyone) out, they can.  Otherwise, I hope you'll find a comfortable armchair and settle in.  I think the board -- and society -- works better when people are allowed to have a range of opinions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 1

I have no intention to post anything that goes against the Sean post. I only want to post my DDJ translations. That’s what I mostly did on OD too.

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

As I said I have had enough of political debates so I didn't read the whole of Sean's post, but this seems to be the most important:

Or did I miss something. And what is ICE supposed to mean?

Immigration Customs Enforcement. 

5 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Oh no ! 

I arrived this morning , expecting the place to be swarming with bogeymen !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Original Dao slowly died out. Some followed Starjumper when he left to start his own forum, others just stopped posting long ago. There may be some 10 or even less ex-members of Original Dao willing to (re)join this forum. Don't expect an invasion. ;-)

Starjumper has his own forum ?  

I wonder if he would let me join  ?  

B)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ralis said:

asked the Anthropogenic Global Warming deniers to leave. There is one signed in at this very moment. 

if you were thinking of me, when you wrote this, would like to inform you that I haven't build a firm conviction of my own on this matter, as I am no scientist specialized in this area, but just follow the general consensus - as my mind is really elsewhere (obviously). but I can leave, if I need to have a firm conviction on this to stay (something that seems increasingly hard these times.)

wandelaar,

I hope you won't leave if you find yourself at ideological odds with Sean.  At one point Sean did ask those who disagreed with various points to go, but that was then, this is now. 

'At one point '  .?     Are you suggesting that they dont apply anymore ?

if that was the case I think those 'instructional' pinned threads should be taken down  ....

If the moderators want to throw you (or anyone) out, they can.  Otherwise, I hope you'll find a comfortable armchair and settle in.  I think the board -- and society -- works better when people are allowed to have a range of opinions.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, questionmark said:

if you were thinking of me, when you wrote this, would like to inform you that I haven't build a firm conviction of my own on this matter, as I am no scientist specialized in this area, but just follow the general consensus - as my mind is really elsewhere (obviously). but I can leave, if I need to have a firm conviction on this to stay (something that seems increasingly hard these times.)

The consensus among climate scientists (98%) is AGW is caused by human activity. There are many reputable sites online where one can research. 

6th mass extinction Holocene Epoch defines mass species extinction caused by AGW.

See Dr. Guy McPherson PhD Evolutionary Biologist “Nature Bats Last” on YouTube. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

'At one point '  .?     Are you suggesting that they dont apply anymore ?

if that was the case I think those 'instructional' pinned threads should be taken down  ....

I thought the mods would believe that since Sean is on a hiatus. As far as I know he still owns the place with specific behavior mandates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ralis said:

consensus among climate scientists (98%) is AGW is caused by human activity.

Okay cool.

1 hour ago, ralis said:

See Dr. Guy McPherson PhD Evolutionary Biologist “Nature Bats Last” on YouTube. 

No thanks. I trust you on this matter.

Edited by questionmark
new post instead

8 hours ago, ralis said:

You posted an alleged quote "what if", but I never used those exact words. Why not post the whole quote like most everyone does on this forum? FYI, I can decide on my own how best to use my energy. 

Yeah .

And he makes some suggestion or innuendo or something about me having  ;  " displayed detailed knowledge related to bannings "

yet when you ask WTF ?

......  nothing .

And while I am it ..... WTF about this whole thing with  this site having VERY CLEAR pinned postings about what is allowed and what isnt  and what is clearly NOT wanted here ........ when members are saying " oh well that was then .... "

and MODERATORS going;  'Oh well a civil war gotta end sometime . "

and then apparently, an ex-mod puts up a post affirming, yes we have sock puppet accounts  now , and the whole post 'disappears' ? 

.... and I  am pretty sure I have seen twice , a warning that someone who is a sock puppet  / returned banned member that has somehow slipped back in will not be moderated as lightly as regular members . That seemed so bizarre  and strange that I had to ask ; so if you get banned and accept it, you stay banned , but if you sneak back in .... thats sorta okay , but watch it !

I asked this twice , no answer  ..... I did recieve some smarmy innuendo comment though about it  .... from guess who !

Seriously  guys ... seriously ? 

Edited by Nungali

14 minutes ago, ralis said:

I thought the mods would believe that since Sean is on a hiatus. As far as I know he still owns the place with specific behavior mandates. 

... which seem to be constantly whittled  away and picked at , levered aside  .....

people behaving here JUST LIKE they do on my community  - trying to get around the rules  and in that case ; they even created them themselves  , in the first place .

It just seems to be part of mundane human nature .